Random Cool Commands!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Matherox, Dec 16, 2014.

1. hump day?
    Anyway, there should also be /res list +tag. and also /res list server [name] to list residences just on that server.
    SEPTHEKID, cadgamer101 and ShelLuser like this.
  2. And if you don't like to type longer commands (and names), try using the tab button to complete them...

/dispose = /dis(tab)
    ShelLuser and SEPTHEKID like this.
  3. Except for visiting residences. So when a player says "come to my res to pick up you're items" and their name is N0BODYW4SH3H3 you're going to have a bad day.
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  4. I usually just start out with /p NoBo then tab, and then change the p to v.
    cadgamer101, 607 and SEPTHEKID like this.
  5. The following command isn't really a cool command (actually its not a command at all) but I am still dumping it here to raise awareness. This command is so easily overlooked (and forgotten) while in fact it could just as well help you and the staff tremendously (no, I am not exaggerating!).

F2

We all know f2, right? You see something funny so you press f2 and post the screenshot here, you and your friends get together for a selfie? You might want to post it here.

Here's the thing: you see (or experience) someone misbehaving and breaking the rules, what do you do? I know: you hit /report. It's a given, I know I did earlier this evening. Nothing wrong with that, really, but...

Hit F2, then /report (if needed)

This ^

Trust me; easier said than done. I also don't connect "misbehaving" with "make a screenshot" (also partly because of my past) but that is really the thing we should do here. We had a run in on smp1 earlier this evening and really; first thing I did was hit /report and forgot completely about f2. When I got reminded about it the event had already left my backlog :/

So this post is just as much for myself as it is for you guys.

Now, the question this could probably raise: why?

So with the help of my friend Elfinpineapple0 (thanks Elfin!) I'll demonstrate.

Disclaimer: all the below events happened on Utopia at the time of writing, you can check my res. there (5192) if you want to confirm.

Example 1

/report elfinpineapple0 he's flying (hack?) on my residence!

Lets play staff (and hope no one is looking ;)).... What does this tell us? That Elfin is flying on my residence, or so I say... My main residence is on SMP2, I am on my smp5 res. while writing this and trust me: no Elfin on my smp5 residence right now. So if I were to look in on myself I'd wonder if I didn't make a false /report (which is an offense in itself!).

Or... We all know Elfin flew on my residence, right? After all, I said so (after April 1 I'm convinced some of you aren't that sure anymore). So what if he denies it?

Luckily for me I remembered to press f2 this time :)

Example 2

OMG, he's flying!

/report elfinpineapple0 he's flying (hack?) on my residence. I have screenshots.

And thanks to me pressing f2 this incident can be resolved fairly easily. Its obvious: this is a residence on Utopia where everybody can fly. So either I'm incredibly naïve or trying to frame Elfin. Considering my reputation I'm sure we'll all be convinced of the latter so I violated the rules by making a false report and thus should be dealt with, probably a temp ban.

Errr, uh oh... First time I managed to write myself into that predicament :rolleyes:

So.. remember to press f2 when something happens, it'll make it much easier on staff to get the evidence required to ban you :eek:

A little more serious now...

When you see someone violate the server rules try to remember to press f2 first. Optionally you may want to hit 't' to open up your chat log and press f2 afterwards. If required this will make it a lot easier on the staff to gain the required evidence to step in. And that's what we all want, right? Keep the bad guys out of our server!

Sorry for "side tracking" the thread a little. I know this isn't a cool command but I really think this deserves a little bit of extra attention. I'll try to make up for it this weekend, at the most next week.
    cadgamer101 and 607 like this.
  6. Well, in my previous post I said next week and look where we are now. Oh well...

I don't really recall when I first discovered this command but I recently read a comment on the forums about how this command wasn't as well known as it could (or should). I more or less forgot about it until I heavily used it this morning while I was helping out a friend with fixing a redstone auto brewing system whilst another friend was helping me to help them :D

So; I'm on a friends residence where I rebuild an automatic potion brewer last night. So far, so good, but the bad news: "It doesn't work :(". I have the same construction on my residence so I was getting ready to hop back and forth to double check certain sections, while another friend suddenly offered to do that for me. Awesomeness!

And for sure: "No, there's redstone on those lanes to my left", they PM'd me so I quickly learned where I went wrong: forgot to add some redstone. And for sure: no redstone dust in my vault, none in a resource chest I had access to and teleporting back to my residence somewhat defeated the purpose of my friend helping me out. But I couldn't exactly ask her to grab some redstone for me because no one (besides 2 of my closest friends) have that kind of access to my residence.

Or could I?

/res pset [residence name or number] <player name> <flag> <action>

So basically all I had to do, while standing on my friends residence, was simply:

/res pset shelluser my_friend container true

Which allowed "my_friend" to quickly grab some redstone dust from my storage for me. After which I obviously removed the flag again by using the same command but now using "remove" instead of "true".

So there you have it, I think this is quite cool :)
    607 likes this.
  7. /afk I'm not exactly sure what it does, I think mostly it just eliminates the 5-minute wait for you to become AFK.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  8. My brother sells books with ALL the available commands.
  9. It is a cool command for sure, and you're right: instead of waiting for the server to determine that you're 'away from keyboard' you're now marking yourself away without any automated delays.

And what that does is "flagging" you, so that if someone sends you a PM or checks your status in-game (/p <playername>) then they'll see that you're not around and may not immediately respond.
    607 likes this.
  10. How much?
  11. You can visit him for the prices. (Username: mayoman100)
  12. Is this thread like.. Still going on? Lol
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  13. He should use the command /mail :)
  14. so @t means that you can message everyone in town?
  15. You know he sells them, not give them away.
  16. @t sends the message in the town chat
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. @e is messaging everyone online, across all smps.
  18. It only sends it to the SMP you are currently on.
  19. @e sends your message to everyone in the town in economy chat
    ShelLuser and PenguinDJ like this.
  20. What?! I need to use @e more often. :)
    ShelLuser likes this.