Random Cool Commands!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Matherox, Dec 16, 2014.

1. But then there's where the confusion comes. I had over 40k tokens. I've never had two million rupees nor did I spend so much. How? (To clarify: I've never got tokens from mobs)
    AwesomeBuilder33 likes this.
  2. Of course, with /waste and /wnether, you can give any one of {nw, n, ne, w, c, e, sw, s, se} as an argument, rather than just one of {n, s, e, w}, and when you ask why there is no way to quickly go to Nether outposts, I assume you mean the Frontier Nether, as you acknowledged that the Wastelands Nether has the commands, and to that I would say that there are no Frontier Nether outposts to have commands for.
    ShelLuser and AwesomeBuilder33 like this.
  3. /eat hand 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

And it eats whats ever in your hand :D
    AwesomeBuilder33 and tedrocker like this.
  4. ? Not a command ?
    By the way are you mistaking this as a suggestion thread?
  5. Nope, just saying a random cool command could be, what I said xD
    AwesomeBuilder33 likes this.
  6. Oh ok got confused because you didn't say "I think a cool command would be" etc
  7. cadgamer101 likes this.
  8. The wiki is a great reference for new players, and I like it too.
    It does list /location
    which is nice when you need to make a live map shortcut or do a report to staff.
    607 likes this.
  9. type /smp

then there is a different color WooL for each server to pick and switch
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  10. My favourite one which I didn't know about was /c clear purely because I always used to have to relog to clear spam :p
    cadgamer101 and 607 like this.
  11. Named residence locations...

Now in all honesty you'll get the most results when you got a supporter status. By default you can set 1 of those locations, whereas a supporter can set more (iron 3, gold 8 and diamond 100).

What is a named residence location? Just that. A place which you can name and then easily teleport to.

For example; I got my storage waaay down in my basement (y10). The normal way for me to go there is to use /home, then enter my house and click on a teleport button (which I made). That teleports me straight to my storage.

A named location can make this a whole lot easier...

First I go to the target location (in this example my storage) and at the right spot I use: /res loc set storage. This creates a location called "storage".

Now, say I'm at another place (a shop) and I want to go to back to my storage. I can now do so with one single command: /home storage. And presto; I end up directly in my storage area.

In case you forgot about your location names you can use /res loc list to list all the ones you defined.

And finally: /res loc rem or /res loc del (with the right location name obviously) can be used to remove a set location.

Bonus: the namedtp flag

Now, named locations are awesome but they could also give others more easier access into your home. Although the default protection flags are pretty straight forward you still might not like the idea of people snooping around your storage, even though they can't do anything there.

But... Having a named location called 'storage' can still be very nice to have...

So what now?

/res set namedtp false

This will disallow everyone from using the named teleport locations. So with this deny flag in place I can easily teleport directly to my storage (see above), but others cannot.

Want to give your friend(s) access to those locations? Easy!

/res pset namedtp <playername> true

And now "playername" can also go directly to my storage using /v shelluser@storage while everyone else will have to hope that I kept my "backdoor entrance" opened up :)
    607, AnonReturns and cadgamer101 like this.
  12. Ok, so technically this is not a single command. I was reading my previous post again and although everything I wrote is true I still think it may not have been the best tip / command. Because, as mentioned, you'll get the most out of those named locations if you're a supporter.

So what to do if you're not a supporter? Are you being left out of the fun? Absolutely not!

Residence Teleportation System (RTS)

In fact; even if you are a supporter then chances are high that this system may very well be more usable than named locations are (even though those are cool too!). This allows you to teleport yourself (and others) to any location on your residence.

My "teleport hub", located in my storage; from here I can reach all build places on my residence...

In case you're wondering: yes, there's a strict logic at work here which allows me to remember exactly where each sign sends me to. If you look at the y value (middle number on the 2nd row) you may recognize the pattern a bit.

I use these signs by right clicking on them, but there are other ways to use them as well of course:

The other side of my storage; these teleport signs are located under the block with the button.

In this case all I need to do is click the button which will then send me to the location which is described on the sign. Example; the underground redstone circuit which is used to ring my doorbell whenever someone visits my residence. This beats having to dig out the dirt everytime I want to check it.

How does it work?
    • Stand in the location you want to be teleported to. And keep in mind that everything is being stored; even the direction you're looking at.
    • Use the command: /res tpsign, you will get a notification.
    • Go to the area where you want your teleporter, and place a sign which only says "teleport" on the first line (don't include the "").
    Now you're done. You can right click the sign and presto; instant teleport.

But what if you don't like having to stare at an ugly sign?

That has been covered as well, quite literally even ;) Just cover the sign with blocks!

This is how I made those "redstone circuit teleport buttons" work.

As you can see all I did was place the teleport sign under the wall, then simply placed the surrounding blocks back (wall and floor) and put a button onto the wall. Note that the button could have been placed higher as well; the sign could have been placed up to 2 blocks down (or up) from the block with the button attached to it.

If you visit my residence then you may notice that I'm using this system all over the place. Its a true RTS network I build; I can teleport to any place on my residence, and from there I can teleport back to my storage, usually by pressing a button.

I honestly think that the RTS system is one of the most invaluable features which we got on the Empire.
  13. Nice thread shelLuser! I will surely try these new teleports you got in your residence!! Look exciting!!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. Hi gang!

Time for another one ;)

We all know the /ps ("player settings") command I trust?

My personal settings ;)

The command will display your own personal settings (see picture) and then allows you to click on an option after which you can change its value. You do this by pressing 't' (to bring up the chat screen) after which you also can move a mouse across the screen. Hover above an entry will show you what it does and clicking it allows you to change it.

But did you know that you can change the map hide option without using /ps?

/map hide and /map show will change the setting accordingly, thus allowing you to put more attention on your surroundings.

I've started using this ever since I put more time into mining in the wasteland (so that I didn't risk other players to find and possibly grief my small mining operation) ;)
  15. I'll work on updating the list now >.<
    Sorta forgot about this thread
    cadgamer101 and ShelLuser like this.
  16. It still works?! If only Aikar fixed the issue where the message doesn't show up...
  17. I didn't know /train existed until I read this thread. :p
    ShelLuser likes this.