Race Against the Clock

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by BigDavie, Nov 2, 2016.

1. What is the one thing we all want more off?
    No, not birds Luckygreenbird, but time. Everyone wants more time.
    Luckily early this Sunday morning EMC's clocks go back an hour giving us a free hour. Normally this hour is 'wasted' by having an extra hour in bed but I thought why not have an event making use of this free hour.

The event
    This event will be a race from town, into the frontier and out in a set direction. Participants will have an hour to travel as far as they can using any means they can (I know I shouldn't need to say it but using illegal mods is obviously not allowed).

The prize
    There will be two prizes both BigDavie heads. One is for the player who gets the furthest out in the chosen direction the other is for the player who guesses closest to the distance.

Where will this event take place?
    The good thing with this event is that it is not server specific. As long as you start in town of the server you race on you can pick any smp server (sorry Utopia but your wild bonuses would be unfair)

When will it take place?
    Sunday 6th of November beginning at 3AM EMC and ending at 4AM EMC (yes, very early Sunday morning for most). Please note that this is after the clocks change (so starts at 8AM GMT )

What direction are we running?
    I will keep this secret until shortly before the start. I will broadcast the direction to all servers.

3AM EMC time I will be sleeping or otherwise unable to attend
    No worries, there is a second part of the event that you can take part in. Simple just guess how far out in the chosen direction the winner gets to. Fill out this form https://goo.gl/forms/cwQkBorYquE2u43y1 before the start of the race. This open to race participants too. I will only accept your latest guess, earlier guesses are disregarded.

How will you determine the winner and how far they got?
    At the end of the hour I will broadcast that the event is ending and participants need to place a sign. I can then use Square to work out distances and determine the winner. If there are tied winning guesses the prize will go to a randomly selected winning guesser.

What do I write on the sign?
    Doesn't matter but I suggest "I got here from town in 1 hour - X"

Once the race is over how do I get back to town?
    You will need to make your own way back or you could bring an enderchest load it up with your items then find a creeper to hug.
    ILTG, commander_JS, Parkerjv and 27 others like this.
  2. The direction chosen is SouthEast

After dropping the largest number between each player's x coordinate and z coordinate, the winner will be whoever's remaining coordinate direction has the largest number. Example: if bigdavie's coordinates at the end is x 4000 z 3600, the z coordinate would be used to determine if he is the winner,

The distance the winner has travelled will be worked out from their full coordinates.
  3. oo I may be able to attend this! I should hopefully been there
  4. *brings dc of ender pearls
    BlueBirb007 likes this.
  5. How far can enderpearls transport you? Minecraft wiki says about 50 blocks. So 54 stacks of 16 pearls will transport you about 43,200 blocks. not bad.
  6. Yusss. Finally an event I can definitely make to. Thanks for this :)
    Nickblockmaster and BlueBirb007 like this.
  7. thats some math skillz right there Davie
  8. Sorry I won't be there. Even tho ur my favorite ss
  9. I see you have entered several guesses, sadly I will only accept players latest guess.

Hint: When making a guess it would be best to avoid rounded off numbers 50,000 blocks might be good guess but how many other players will guess that too. If more than one player guesses the closest then the prize winner will be randomly selected. Instead guessing 50,001 blocks you will beat 50,000 if the winning distance is over 50,000.
    ShelLuser and Sachrock like this.
  10. Can u delete this then pls ill re do mine
  11. Clocks have already gone backwards for me . Do I get 2 extra hours then?
    ShelLuser and Sachrock like this.
  12. Thanks for the tip! I changed my guess :p
  13. In order to be fair we are only counting EMC clocks changing, think of the poor Aussies, some lost an hour in October.
    Xatez likes this.
  14. I won't be attending :( I will be too tired and grumpy at this time in the morning and end up running off a cliff to my death and duly rage quitting! So BigDavie ........ anytime you feel like throwing your head in my direction please feel free :p ( based on the theory that if you don't ask? ) If not ..... I'll be more than happy to settle for rainbow writing and bubbles ;)
    jhtk01, TBird1128 and Sealeon like this.
  15. You can still enter the guess the distance part of the event to win a BigDavie head.
  16. Sounds fun. Though I may need to drink like a gallon of coffee to stay awake for the event.
    TomvanWijnen and BlueBirb007 like this.
  17. Just curious about the people who already have outposts really far out. Surely they already have a fast travel system to get there. I know I do. It seems like it would be an unfair advantage though. I mean, if it happens to be in the chosen direction.
    khixan, 607, ShelLuser and 1 other person like this.
  18. Cant make it, too early for me :p
  19. Sach v Kloned rematch :D
    Sachrock and nuclearbobomb like this.
  20. MrCDub for the win. If he uses his usual methods. That's gonna be a long way out there.
    khixan, b0bbythebuild3r and Gawadrolt like this.