Race Against the Clock

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by BigDavie, Nov 2, 2016.

1. I did think about it, but there is no way for us to prevent them or reliably detect them using existing infrastructure.
    607 likes this.
  2. As I will be asleep I can not attend... but I have sent in my guess for the distance, good luck to all participating.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  3. I don't know if I can make this but if I get a chance I might
  4. Lol this event is at midnight for me... If I try I could make it :p
  5. Guys elytra and a shit tom of experience is the way to go
  6. oh go on then :p
  7. I have no clue what you are going on about but use the elytra, the rest of us will have fun going like double the blocks ;-) I'm fairly confident in my answer to how far the winner is gonna go. theory crafting that should be about right. If they find existing infrastructure for a good portion then they will get much further than what I guessed though. which, someone will argue is bad but... there is existing infrastructure from literally every outpost so... just be better at finding it ;-) someone could theoretically get twice, maybe more, as far as my answer in the most extreme cases :D banking on no one finding the holy grail and those attention spans coupled with bathroom breaks xD
    TamTamV likes this.
  8. Is the use of the nether allowed?
  9. oo you're giving me flash backs :p
    cowland123 likes this.
  10. Unfortunately I cannot attend :(.
    Good luck to all the participants and congrats on the Davie head you will win! :D
  11. I'm going to just say that I have a somewhat minor disagreement with these kinds of events. To travel more quickly players will naturally use the nether, and will likely dig random tunnels through it. This is not something I think we should promote in the frontier where there are hidden bases and rails.

It's also generally a bad idea to generate chunks unnecessarily as those chunks may be excluded from future structures and biomes. As happened with nether fortresses, and which likely happened also with strongholds. It also resulted in a great many cut-off cliffs and biome artifacts on various SMPs near the waterways.

Anyhow, have fun with it...but please dig responsibly.
    607, Pab10S and Nickblockmaster like this.
  12. Yeah it is. Although the sign must be placed in the overworld.
    Sachrock likes this.
  13. I suppose that's 7 AM UK time. That actually sounds pretty convenient of a time to me!
  14. 8AM for UK, after EMC's clocks change there will be five hours difference.
    607 likes this.
  15. Make sure I am correct here but isn't EMC time the same as EST. I will be there if it is.;)
    TasteOfTerror likes this.
  16. EMC time is EST time :p
  17. Well I guess I'll be up in time to catch the early bird breakfast specials. :D
  18. Sounds great but to early for moi
  19. lol doesn't matter. The fastest vanilla way that would be possible is only available to a certain number of emc players since the last update. Pretty much pointless for any other players going conventional routes such as walking, running, boating, and even ender pearling.
    commander_JS likes this.
  20. This is at midnight for me.
    But you know what? Sleep is for the weak.
    Sign me up.
    commander_JS, Sachrock and Dufne like this.