Race Against the Clock

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by BigDavie, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Ooo, good point. I was thinking one of the cardinal directions would be chosen, but seeing as how most pathways of transport run in those directions, one of the non-cardinal directions might prove more interesting.

You could then add the qualifier that the winner would be the person with X/Z coords within a certain margin, who had traveled the furthest. For example, if the direction of travel were NW, PlayerA decides to take an easy route by taking a rail West, but doesn't get very far North in comparison to the distance they've traveled West. PlayerB uses a different method of travel and makes it to a location where, although not ending up in an exact straight line NW of spawn, he's traveled a much more equal distance both North and West than PlayerA. Player B wins. As to the specific margin, not sure. 1k... 5k? An hour is a long time
  2. Hmm, perhaps there are people who would like to race, but are not -so-much with the mathematics. I guess N,S, E, or W would be more fair.
    607 likes this.
  3. So if we start in town, do we just do /wild? and if so which one, or does it not matter?
  4. Also, if I were to use this image as a thumbnail, who would I credit as the maker?
  5. Not so complicated. Just press F3 and look at X and Z coords. If they are the same (one may be -), then you are on a straight diagonal from 0, 0.

The only math would be comparing the two numbers. For example if you were at -2000, Y, 2040...
    then the difference is only 40.
    607 likes this.
  6. Hour and a half?

7. Let's do this.
  8. This was created by the talented AlexC__.
    ShelLuser, 607 and DufnePoodle like this.
  9. This has started by now, right? Or is it 24 more minutes?

10. I put my sign in smp8! Had to logof sooner thou=/. Good luck to everyone

It has started
    607 likes this.
  11. NOOOO!!!! I FELLLL ASLEEP!!! :/ Hopefully we do this again next year so i can do it then, good luck to everyone else!
  12. 50,000 blocks out
  13. Alright, I'm proud of myself.
  14. GG B0bby...GG
  15. Awh, you went with elytra? :C
    khixan likes this.
  16. The player who travelled the furthest south east is
    b0bbythebuild3r with a distance travelled 156,979 blocks
    The player who guessed the closest is
    MatthewDA with a guess of 177,001 blocks

Congrats to both I will shortly place a BigDavie head in your vault
  17. Awesome! This was a super fun and unique event, thanks for putting it on BigDavie :)
  18. Uhm, did bobby not only go 110k?
  19. Using Pythagoras I calculated the distance in a straight line from 0,0
    607 and Sachrock like this.
  20. Alright, I was under the impression that the lower of the two coordinates would be the adjusted distance. Knowing that would have been nice before I made my guess. -_-
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.