PSA: Infinite Villagers are gone in 1.8

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, May 3, 2015.

1. How does having two paper trades result in unfairness?
    You can only use one at a time, and they were already infinite - have been for years now.

Compared to tools that never break, a Fortune 6 pickaxe, and all 250 of my cauldron's that give me free gold just for right clicking them, a villager that can be traded with something like 3% faster does not seem so OP that you need to kill it.
    dresden72, ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  2. I'll make a note.

If you stockpile emeralds, you will have a MASSIVE fortune.

You can also keep smacking villager eggs down, it won't be as quick however, but will still work, and if you have a grinder, rotten flesh also makes a brilliant profit.

Just some studies I figured out.
  3. I'm still unclear on this... So, after the 1.8 change over, I create a villager and that villager ends up trading in Unbreaking III books. I trade him out of the books and then move onto another of his trades. Once I trade him out of everything else, the items he trades resets completely (thus, no more unbreaking III books from him)?
  4. Trade paper till it breaks. Move down a few trades and trade 1 emerald for 5 glass. Paper is unlocked again. Rinse repeat.
    cdjs1987 likes this.
  5. I genuinely feel like I'm being attacked and made fun of here. So what if someone prefers building a farm over mining all day and night for their items? As long as that player is having fun, Then What Is The Problem? Your job on here is to help manage the community by making sure everything is in line, and to help out with things. Not to attack people, and criticize them for what they like to do and what they find fun. Everyone is different, and everyone likes to do different things.

All I can really say is this: If this is how EMC will be in the future (in the ways of staff attacking me, and updates pissing me off), I Promise I will be gone before the summer.
  6. From what I can tell its not merely 2 trades but risk of the amount of trades getting doubled. So say that you'd normally have a villager which can get up to 9 trades total, the 1.8 conversion could theoretically lead to that villager now getting a total of 15 to 18 trades. Note: that's what I picked up from Aikar's message and something which I can confirm to a lesser degree in my previously shared save file.

As to this being unfair: I have to agree with you on that point, it doesn't seem to have that big of an impact.

Still.. In comparison to the promo's you mentioned; everyone has an equal chance to obtain a promo. With these villagers its the luck of the draw. And that's also hoping nothing gets corrupted, something which some players seem to have experienced.

As said: I have to agree that the impact seems minimal to me as well. But I can also understand why staff would chose to reset everyone instead of risking to get accused for playing favorites.
  7. I was trying to use aspects of EMC that already have changed to elaborate on the point that our changes we make are for the good of the community and this isn't the first time we've had to make these changes to combat an issue with vanilla minecraft. I apologize if you felt attacked, that was not my intention at all.
    MrsWishes, PenguinDJ and ShelLuser like this.
  8. It costs wayyy less than what people charge to make them. EVERYONE has the opportunity to make an infinite villager, I probably spent less than 2k on my villager, but spent over 50k on my enchanted book villagers... that being said I need to trade as much as I can before we update.
    dresden72 and ShelLuser like this.
  9. After sleeping I thought of a way to improve the code to keep existing 1.7 trades but also resolve the issue of double trades.

So 1.7 trades will not be wiped out, but if you have a 'partial' built villager, it would then have partial 1.8 and 1.7 trades.
  10. EDITED.

good, now everyone will stop whining and get back to playing the game
    NathanRP likes this.
  11. Woot woot! Giant brain at work even when you are sleeping =P
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  12. Also, theres no way I could of given any quicker notice on this....

I've said time after time that I was pretty much gone from Minecraft for near 3 months working on my day job. I was not working on 1.8 at all during that time.

I only just this week got us updated to 1.8 3 days ago... In which I didn't start reviewing the Villager Trade mechanics until YESTERDAY.

So I'm not sure why some of you think this is some kind of conspiracy, you need to calm down and drop that idea.
  13. Knew it
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.
  14. Just to help people calm down about them not being able to create "inefficient" Inf. Villagers.
  15. Thank you for making it so everyone is happy!
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  16. ..is that possible? :D
  17. It's a saying. You saying "dramatic much" and then starting drama with this is extremely hypocritical.

'Maybe' you don't like me, and 'Maybe' you want me to leave. I really don't care what you 'Maybe' think of me. But if you are going to be an ass to me I will report you. Do not continue.

This is the kind of stuff I am talking about, I liked how the community used to be more than I like it now. It is impossible nowadays to voice your opinions and thoughts without someone Attacking you, and being an ass. I'm All For constructive criticism, but there is a Clear line between constructive criticism and attacking someone.
    LadBlo, tuqueque, dresden72 and 12 others like this.
  18. image.jpg
  19. Neither are Iron Golem farms. *Still angry at Mojang* :p

Also, I am glad you found a way to solve a problem without affecting everybody.
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  20. Let's all try to get along here and keep this thread on topic. If you are upset about a player, take a break for a bit and come back later. Sometimes it's best to think before you type.
    ShelLuser likes this.