Pre-Announcement Look: Frontier Spawn Expansions

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, May 1, 2016.

1. This will certainly make travel back too "Town" much easier. Thanks for the thought and planning that went into making this a sooner rather than later upgrade!!

Again you have proven why this server is awesome!!
    We3_Nub likes this.
  2. Any idea WHEN we are getting it? oOo
    Arsak and 607 like this.
  3. Just curious, if a player were to go to the 10,000,000 distant spawn how far out from there can we travel? Will there be a barrier at some point? I am hoping I would be able to go for hours off the edge so i wont have people on both sides and can sort of disappear.
  4. The world stops generating at 30 million and I don't see why the border would be made any closer. unless you are planning on going more than 20 million I think you will be fine :p
    607, We3_Nub and Acemox2k like this.
  5. I think the world actually keeps generating at 30 million, it's just that you'll fall through it ;) But if you are in spectator mode, you can continue generating the world, I think.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  6. I guess the world generating past 30mil is a new 1.9 thing because it didn't in 1.8.

The world border is at about 29999980 and you can't go past 29999999 even in spectator mode. Biomes go crazy and trees, cactus, and animals don't spawn. Just more useless minecraft knowledge :p
  7. Yeah I learned that the hard way. I might have crashed stage a few times...
  8. Ah, that might've changed in 1.8 then! Or I just recall incorrectly, that could also be the case :p
    I might check sometime, I'm curious now!
    TromboneSteve likes this.
  9. It was 30,000,000 in 1.8 as well. That's when I crashed stage.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  10. 30m seems quite big to me, since you should get those glitches already starting at around 8m, some even earlier: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/World_boundary#Effects

Villagers' arms disappear, falling sand glitches etc.

Sounds like an issue in the core game (int overflow), so what was the change introduced in 1.8? Did they choose bigger datatypes or did they just Build a Wall to Make Minecraft Great Again?
    TromboneSteve and We3_Nub like this.
  11. idea for roads
    just get some ppl flying on elytra with shovels make dirt roads lol
  12. Great design, and thank you so much for this (when i comes I will be using it!!!)

I hope this road creation that people are talking about making is not going to take place in the frontier, because the area there is meant to remain pristine. We have actually been making every effort to move all of our roads and rails underground inside our outpost area.

Also, anyone building roads on the same level as the water is going to get screamed at by me (of course, you probably wouldnt hear me screaming but I'd be doing it). Please remember - people in boats need to be able to go UNDER the bridges :D
    M4ster_M1ner and LtCaptainMe like this.
  13. I like roads above ground this way when I travel I can see the scenery around me.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  14. So, if we did make roads, what would they be made of? Considering that we would need several million blocks, it makes sense to use dirt because of how cheap it is and how easy it is to find.... but it would also be ugly. We are going to need a LOT of torches too.

This should be interesting....

I have like 20 DC of dirt that I can donate... lol
  15. We were going to use stone slabs, but the stone slab god has disappeared so I don't know how that's going to work out now. I really would not like to use dirt even if its many millions cheaper lol. If I'm going to waste my life building a road I'm not going to be looking at dirt all day :p
    607 likes this.
  16. Stone slab god disappeared? Then what am I going to do with all these chests of stone slabs stacking up around my res I was hoping to unload and get rich? just wonderful....maybe i will build a slab icecream cone on one of my vacant lots.
  17. my group has been using cobblestone slabs, cobblestone fences and torches along with glowstone
  18. How about a teleport sign wall near the outposts.
  19. Under the outposts perhaps.
  20. To people's claims that is.