[POLL] What upcoming feature do you desire more?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Oct 7, 2015.

?

Which Feature Priority should we go with?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2015.
Dragon Tombs [3], Empires, Land Claiming 194 vote(s) 33.2%
Empires, Dragon Tombs [3], Land Claiming 41 vote(s) 7.0%
Empires, Land Claiming, Dragon Tombs [3] 350 vote(s) 59.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I kind of like this idea, but maybe, like 3 to 5 chests per person? I think that this idea further expands on the "Empires" idea of a community in the wild? It would add an interesting dynamic to the game when you find an "Empire" and you could buy stuff in that Empire from the residents. I understand the cons of this idea, though I personally like the pros more :D The chances of it actually getting implemented are slim to none though, since both Aikar and Kryssy have stated in this thread that it probably won't happen.
    RealTomsmasher likes this.
  2. Can we PLEASE have tping in the frontier wilderness? I'm out too far. Either that or I'm going to have to move. :(
    Will land claiming have a home tp?
  3. Shops in Empires ...
    You want people to build "empires", to build successful sub-communities and enjoy having outposts / towns in the wild? But then you (want to) deny them what is the basic and the strongest glue that binds a community - convenient trading?

You want to deny them one of the basic things that make EMC enjoyable and helps immensely in creating and maintaining the community with all the new players joining?

You want to deny them the possibility to trade in an easy and convenient way?

Why would you do that?

I was looking forward to "empires" and land claiming with much joy, but if there will be no shops in the empires, that just breaks the joy :confused: :eek: :(
  4. Well, considering that we all start out in town by default and everyone has a residence there I'd say the most convenient way per facto is setting up a shop in town. For the simple reason that you can be sure that your shop can target all players, new and veterans alike. Instead of only a smaller group of players who happen to be familiar with your outpost.

And speaking of which... Now, I am jesting here bit mind you but.. Is it really convenient to go shopping at the risk of meeting the unfriendly neighborhood creeper and watching all your newly bought stuff go b00m? ;)

But even so... Although shop signs may not be a thing in the Frontier this doesn't mean that you can't do any trading at all. And besides: considering that this is all in a very early development I wouldn't entirely rule out this possibility just yet either. Who knows what the future will bring us... It's IMO way too early to tell.

But at this time we cannot use shop signs in the Frontier.
    fishmeal and cadgamer101 like this.
  5. Think of real life. The frontier? Wal mart? They go together like oil and water.... Terrible idea. I live in the country because its peaceful there, and incredibly scenic. I don't want a megamall next door. If you need to get a gallon of milk, or a few sticky pistons, then go to your local wal mart or mega mall. The frontier is supposed to be a challenge, and it will be far too op if you can get god armor in 20 seconds from when you spot that marlix in the frontier.
    Equinox_Boss and ShelLuser like this.
  6. Simple, Teleport to town, Trade, teleport back.

Ideally most people aren't going to be sitting on top of each other... so if you want to trade, you would both teleport back to town, do your trading, and go back to your home.

Town is for Economy. It's really simple.
    ThaKloned, MrsWishes, ScrObot and 8 others like this.
  7. ive been gone for like 2 years and dragon tombs are finally coming around i love you guys
  8. This should be left to the people that want to trade where they will set up shops and how.
    Other people have other ideas about the game and restricting the game without a good reason just does not make sense.

Yes, it is.
    Example: think of a frontier farm where you can bulk buy stuff at "factory" prices.
    This is just one example. It would be wrong to think that on can foresee all the ways people will want to play a sandbox game. It would just be the opposite of what it should be - a sandbox where you can follow your imagination. Open and free. This is a core value.

Why Wal-Mart?
    Think again.
    Think of a thriving frontier town.
    No shops? Really?

Teleport to another (the) town and back?
    This just breaks the feeling of "Empires" and frontier towns.

You can have an "Empire". You can build a town. But this town can not have shops?!? :eek:
    Why in the universe?

I still don't get it.
    Why shouldn't an "Empire" have its local economy and shops?
    Why?
  9. Shops will be only in town. Town will be readily accessible to players to teleport to from their Empires. However, Empires will not be easily teleported to by players not in that Empire. All shops should be in teleport distance for all players in order to promote the well-being of that shop/eceonomy. That, in combination with the fact that other players in the Empire will be able to access the blocks in the Empire claimed land, leads to major issues for any potential shops anyways. You will be working together in your Empire. If you want to sell items, you can do so manually. One person pays and the other throws the items on the ground for picking up.

An Empire is not a new town. We aren't becoming a factions server. It's just how things are now, but protected. People at outposts maintain trading just fine nowadays so when teleports are added, they'll be perfectly fine teleporting to town to sell. It won't take more than a few minutes. Because, that's what it is, a town and towns have the shops.
  10. I didn't vote. I have been looking forward mostly to Land Claiming, but I would be happy to see forward momentum on any of these projects.

There has been a bit of discussion of Frontier Shops. I think it is a good idea to not allow Shops in the Frontier. I think most of us play in both the Town and Frontier rather than one or the other exclusively and allowing them would potentially break the community ties we have between these two places.

I am sure it has already been considered, but I haven't seen any discussion regarding how our Inventory and Ender Chest contents will be handled when TP'ing between the Frontier and Town. I think it is important that we continue to have to move our items between the Frontier and Town as we currently do. In other words, we should not have them teleported with us.

Although EMC is more than an economy server, participating in the economy is one of its most popular features. I don't like lugging items to or from Town any more than the next guy, but that is part of what gives those items their value. We have made a lot of jokes in the past about destroying the economy. I think either Frontier Shops or teleporting both have the potential to change our community greatly, not necessarily for the better. I think we need to be careful of what we wish for.
  11. I live in a country where Wal-Mart doesn't exist. Pls explain.
  12. Your not alone!
    BlinkyBinky likes this.
  13. I see changes generally as good. For older players it adds new aspects, new challenges, for the new players it makes the game richer.

About "splitting" the community: this is nothing new.
    The big split is the one between smp servers.
    The split between outposts or future "Empires" is really a minor one, a weak one that makes the structure of the community even more interesting.

So, actually, I think that shops in the frontier would reduce the separation of outposts / empires from each other, as it would encourage visiting and trading. It would make the bonds stronger.

Outposts / Empires could trade with each other, there would be traveling salespeople in a much more interesting way than it is the case now: I see traveling between outposts as much more enjoyable than TP-ing between smp towns.

People-made settlements / villages / towns are 100x more interesting than a grid of residences that actually does not deserve to be called "town".

Teleporting kills the transport aspect of the game. It makes the game easier and thus less enjoyable. I was against (an easy access to) wastelands because of that.
    Frontier farms still need to cope with the transport problem and TP to frontier "empires" with farms would reduce it immensely. I agree that this subtracts from the game and that it would be better not to allow teleporting at all, but instead put some work into making railways more reliable, e.g. by preventing mobs from spawning on rails and perhaps allowing rail carts to move faster (with renamed / special power rails).

Access to Wastelands for outposts?
    My experience says that this is probably not needed, but might be interesting for bigger frontier settlements. When returning from wastelands, naturally, one would return to the settlement...

Anyway, I find the idea of restricting / crippling the game in order to control the development of the community and/or sell perks deeply flawed - especially in a game like MC / EMC.
  14. Wal-Mart is a large department store that basically has everything you could possibly want. they generally undercut the competition by buying from foreign sweat shop style producers, and run the competition out of business by having lower prices, and everything under one roof. good for the consumer, but not for the producers.
    Gawadrolt and f_Builder_s like this.
  15. They own Asda over here, which is basically a massive scam that underpays its workers (just above minimum wage) and advertises sales by making it seem cheaper, when they've really just bumped up the price by about £2-£3. Or something. (I just woke up and I'm tired, and this knowledge is really old in my head >.>). People seem to be realising this, and Asda has fallen way down the list of the 'big three' supermarkets over here, while Aldi has risen up, and Tesco seem to be losing money.
    Gawadrolt and Markethan13 like this.
  16. Land Claiming.....Yes
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  17. No shops in the wild = weak sauce

Seriously
  18. Hi Aikar, you know TnTProGamer50 irl, right?
  19. No shops in wild = the way it has been. And it's been perfectly fine.

Land claiming+ empires~~~

Dragon tombs can wait. Most people are hoarding the stones for fun and not the tombs, anyway.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  20. I just want dimonds
    Tigerstar and Pab10S like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.