[POLL] What upcoming feature do you desire more?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Oct 7, 2015.

?

Which Feature Priority should we go with?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2015.
Dragon Tombs [3], Empires, Land Claiming 194 vote(s) 33.2%
Empires, Dragon Tombs [3], Land Claiming 41 vote(s) 7.0%
Empires, Land Claiming, Dragon Tombs [3] 350 vote(s) 59.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We have waited for so long, I think some who have been here the longest gave up on the thought and just kept on building and such. I know quite a few left or are rarely even seen anymore. Glad I stuck it out. As much as Dragon Tombs was a desire for me, I've waited this long, and I can wait just a little longer knowing that it IS to come eventually. Wile I waited for these few years I have built up some amazing things with my friends and mostly brother that have been getting found and sometimes grieved. I now very much prefer land owning and protection for these things we all worked so hard on that represents Empires many talented builders who deserve to build bigger, better, and more wild works of art on something bigger then a 60X60 plot. No offense, towns cool and all, but I'd much rather be in a huger canvas aka the wild frontier.
    kevmeup and Gawadrolt like this.
  2. fair enough certain things must come first :)
  3. Town is still going to be a busy hub of safe building and commerce. Unless with claiming we're allowed to build shops in the wild.....town will always be busy.
  4. Well in the frontier you can lock a chest and then put an item one shop sign next to it, but that is very inefficient and I cant see it getting popular.
  5. You cannot place a shop sign in the wild.
  6. Are they going to bring putting shop signs in the wild back?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  7. Aikar says that he will not be allowing shop signs in the wild :)
  8. Yes you can -> proof
    But you can not buy from it :p
  9. Then well fix that to make it more clear you cant do that.
    EMC-962
  10. Its been like that for a while xD
  11. That is why I was mistaken when I made my post :) never noticed if it worked or not.
  12. Shops in the wild may take away a fundamental reason to even be in town. If you can shop and build worry free in the wild, what's the point of town? Other than server events and a mob free area.
    bloodra1n likes this.

13. Krysyy said:
    They will be used in the Land Claiming Process among other things. You'll want them and they have to earned by the accounts they are used by. There is no 'buying' tokens from someone that earned them. The people that earn them will reap the rewards.

I hope whatever system gets implemented allows for a comparable amount of area being claimed for a reasonable amount of tokens. Present guidelines mandate a 3,000 block radius from any other visually established base.

http://empireminecraft.com/threads/how-to-establishing-your-outpost.46390/

I for one have facilities spread out far and wide across my outpost. Adding the caveat that existing structures cannot claimed by those who did not build them without permission would be nice. I have 172k tokens and I know there are people out there with a lot more than that. I'd hate to get into some sort of border dispute at the margins of my claimed territory with someone who possessed a lot more resources and simply gobbled up all the land around me.
    dresden72 likes this.
  14. I think that land claiming should be top priority but empires can come before land claiming... But I have a lot of stuff to claim with that golden shovel :p
  15. So let me get this straight: your saying griefing should be tolerated in the wild so people stay in town? Hmm, I would have to disagree . shops should remain in town, but wait until someone destroys something you build and we'll talk again.
  16. What? Did you miss the assumption that it's ungriefable with land claiming? "if you can shop and build worry free..." There was never griefing support in the statement. The whole statement is about keeping shops in town as it's a fundamental reason why town is useful. Based on the 2 posts we did, we're in agreement about shops should stay in town lol. Maybe you just read it too quickly, which is fine, we all do that.

Peace Markethan13
    Markethan13 and PenguinDJ like this.
  17. Sounds good to me:)
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  18. I still think that shops should be allowed in the wild but under certain strict conditions:
    1) Shops can only be placed on player-claimed land
    2) There can only be a small amount of player based shops in an area (maybe 5-10 shop chests per several chunks). Maybe a similar system to the one used for entity limits in the wild.

Reason for this, is to allow better communities and neighboring towns to work with each other without always being online at the same time. It also would help travelers, should there be any coming thru your town/base, as they go further into the unknown areas. I think with limitations, shops in the wild will never replace the truely safe shops/malls found in the server town, along with all the creative attractions that players build there.

Just a thought...
  19. It was like that when I joined emc lol.
  20. Also I see land claiming is the highest. When do we get to see the official thread and or post for what the order and eta time is?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.