[POLL] What upcoming feature do you desire more?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Aikar, Oct 7, 2015.

?

Which Feature Priority should we go with?

Poll closed Oct 26, 2015.
Dragon Tombs [3], Empires, Land Claiming 194 vote(s) 33.2%
Empires, Dragon Tombs [3], Land Claiming 41 vote(s) 7.0%
Empires, Land Claiming, Dragon Tombs [3] 350 vote(s) 59.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think the outposts just enhance the cooperative aspect of playing together. The only thing that not be able to claim and protect does is make players nervous and weery of others. And that does not aid in the overall positive attitude between players. We currently don't allow anyone to bring outsiders to our outpost. So we can't show off out creations the way we would like to. After the change is made we will be able to. If we see a player we don't know near the outpost we're all like, "who's that, who's that". Now we can be more like, "cool, invite him/her over, it's nice to have visitors".

The towns will always be important. Can't put a shop in the wild that is generally accessible. Can't plan large player events in the wild. As well as other things too. I think claiming and protecting will be a positive thing.
  2. Definitely land claiming from my point of view. The promise of claiming protected land in the frontier was one of the reasons I joined EMC originally. That is not to say that there aren't many other great things about EMC, but I have been waiting for this feature.
    dresden72 likes this.
  3. As I have spoke to few people in-game and what I see from comments, it seems many people have forgotten (and some, at least those I spoke to in-game) or don't know why the idea of DragonTombs was brought up in the first hand.
    May I please remind you all, that the very first idea of DragonTombs was the ability to CLAIM LAND once you would beat it, as the land claim would require dragon egg for it to happen. It is also why lots of us were so much hyped over DT. Since then, the idea has taken a new direction and now DT and land claim are two separate features/updates planned. So PLEASE, don't say you have waited for DT to come out for 3 years, and thus it has more privilege, it is also land claim we have waited for 3 years to come out.
    Thank you everyone, just wanted to add my 2 cents.
  4. If we waited three years for both wouldn't they have the same privileges and importance?
    ThaKloned likes this.
  5. I was trying to put emphasize of the initial reason and benefits of DragonTombs for what they would serve. Now they wont serve the same benefits anymore, more as a fun and group event only as I see. If that is anything more important over safety and protection, let it be then.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. It's Play Your Way :) Plenty of players prefer Town and Economy. There's no way Town would die.
    DatFoxMan and ShelLuser like this.
  7. For my opinion, I would udate the empires first, then work on the land claiming next, and finally prioritize the dragon tombs after that because it would be a while before land claiming and dragon tombs will come into effect yet.
  8. First of all, thanks for asking us, the community, about what we want to see next. I think it's a huge step in the right direction to involve the community more in important decisions like these.

I want to share my story.
    I started about 1200+ days ago on the empire. Almost everyone had a shop. Almost everyone went out to mine/gather materials. There was a balance between being in town and out town, because there were incentives for both!

With the increased support for wild communities, the people that gather materials are NOT returning to town.
    Economy needs supplies to sell and with no miners returning to town... supply dries out.
    It is already happening for quite a while. All of this is no problem if you're part of a wild community or dislike Town in general...

But I'm a Towny. I'm an economy player. The game I like to play, has been deserted by many.
    There are little amount of shops. Little amount of supplies. The economy in general is just not interesting anymore.
    For me, that is the main reason why I'm not so much on EMC anymore..

Here's what you should do to make the Economy more interesting:
    - Make sure that there is atleast a single currency that is NON-obtainable in the Wild, such as Rupees.
    Maybe even the daily sign in bonus could only be obtainable in Town?

- Give us some new items, blocks or currencies we can trade with.
    The whole reason Promo's became so big is because they were NEW. But since there are not so many new promos being given out, even the promo market is becoming less interesting for economy players like me.
    The new Dragon Tomb Stone thingy could be a huge boost for the economy!

- Let Shops be a TOWN-only thing.
    There must always be an incentive for people to return to town. This ties in with the single currency that is not obtainable in wild.

So Play Your Way. I understand where you are coming from, but to me it's 'Stay in Wild'.
    I sincerely hope my feedback is helpful in anyway. Thanks for your reply.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. Shops will remain town only.

Also I'm not sure about this "supplies running out", from what I've seen shops are plenty stocked? And with less supply means more opportunity to profit and grow.

Someone will always be supplying.
    TuckerAmbr, Sgt_Pepper4 and ShelLuser like this.
  10. Adding a new currency wouldn't make any sense. We added tokens as something that is earned via mining/etc because the Rupees are a town thing primarily. I don't know of many players that trade rupees in the wild. Town already has its 'currency'.

A new block just as a new promo, is only new for so long. We add promos for holidays, but the market in EMC hasn't seen any major decrease. There is ample buy/sell activity. Idk what you think the Dragon Tomb Stone thing is, but it's not an item that we don't already have....

As Aikar said, shops stay town only. It wouldn't make sense to have a shop in the wild.
    MrsWishes, ShelLuser and DatFoxMan like this.
  11. Why dont you make tokens a wild currency where you got to use tokens in shops in the wild ? cuase 475k in tokens and nothing to do with them :/
  12. They will be used in the Land Claiming Process among other things. You'll want them and they have to earned by the accounts they are used by. There is no 'buying' tokens from someone that earned them. The people that earn them will reap the rewards.
  13. So since i have 475k that means i can claim 475k in blocks ?
  14. Um no. You'll see when it's finalized. I'm not saying anything that could be quoted later when I'm wrong =P
    ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  15. I'm very glad to have that confirmed.

And that isn't necessarily true. Less supply for a long time makes shop owners hold onto their supplies, because prices can increase very steeply. A well functioning economy is changing. Prices should be shifting, just as supplies. That's not happening so much here.

Actually, adding a new currency would make a lot of sense.
    Currencies can be used to have a specific item time/effort-gated, meaning that a player should spent so much to get a certain item/block. This is a very important thing to do in games, as it can be used as an incentive for players to do specific things or participate in events.

A new currency can also be created out of an existing item.
    Iron, gold, diamond. The market is flooded with those. What if you would need a specific amount of each to buy xx?
    Then Iron, gold and diamond would be more useful, more valuable to trade, while removing a huge portion of the already existing supply.

My point is: Make the economy do something. It's barely moving.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  16. In my opinion as a mall owner, occasionally its even semi stocked, though that isn't because of a lack of stockers or shoppers. I have only been here for 18 months, I have seen countless people start malls and try to keep them stocked for a few months and then they sit empty. A shop is a huge responsibility. Most people try for a while, and then it just gets boring. Why run around for 2 hours trying to get materials only to have a bigger shop buy yours out in 30 seconds? Speaking for myself only, Minecraft is a sandbox game with no boundaries. I would rather have the freedom to go mining, build op farms, or just run around the wild killing mobs. Its much easier to auction off goods on the forums vs running around looking for the best shop prices. Town will always be popular. Shops will still be there, and if you can't find materials, the auctions are full of people who want to sell. Protecting peoples massive builds in the wild will not change that in any way:)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  17. Our economy is actually pretty stable at this point. So what you see as not moving just means that it's not spiraling upwards or downwards. While you may see it at a standstill, I can see the rupee transactions that say otherwise. There are multiple shops popping up every day with new ideas and different owners each affecting the economic growth of each SMP. Some fail and others succeed, just as in a normally functioning economy.

What I'm saying about currency is that we DID add a new currency with tokens. Throwing multiple versions of the same thing doesn't fix the problem you are stating we have. People don't value gold/iron anymore compared to the past because it's TOO easy to get through iron and gold farms. Diamonds on the other hand have increased in value because they are one of the rares left that you cannot 'farm'. They remain in high demand and are bought/sold on a constant basis. The decrease in the value of gold/iron isn't something for EMC to fix. That's a Mojang issue.
  18. Lol momentus are so easy on 7 i drop them in 20 seconds xD can you change that xD
  19. Even if supplies go to 0 and no one wants to get supplies, we still have empire shop. It'd take the fun out of the economy, but we'll always have supply. I suppose Aikar would raise empire shop prices if it ever got that bad? It seems like a drastic, unlikely situation.

Folks, if your shops are always out of stock, tell shop owners to raise their sell prices (NICELY, and by the emc rules). If it doesn't work, start your own shop at the price you feel like an item should be. If you guessed right, people will come and supply you, and people will buy from you. Free market is wonderful in this way, it gets supplies where it's most needed, super efficiently, and without much manipulation needed from aikar to get it going. :) In this economy, startup costs are very little (just a sign and chest and rupees for inventory), if you feel like something isn't working, try a solution yourself.

ly.
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  20. That's an easy fix that you have to do. Why should they fix something that isn't broken.

Spoiler: /diff 8, /diff 9, /diff 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.