Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FriedLikeRice, Jul 9, 2016.

1. no stop

you can never come to the level of excellence that is Misha
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  2. Pokemon GO is gonna lose interest like Miitomo did.
    It's a good game for people that go outside but people are gonna lose interest after while
  3. Not as quickly, though.
  4. I think we've passed that point pretty heavily already.

r
    SoulPunisher and Zackinblack like this.
  5. Finally got a walking buddy.
    WayneKramer and AnonReturns like this.
  6. Here's me and my dratini buddy :D

and my stats showing the crazy amount of eggs I've hatched....

and just FYI, I've played completely legit from day 1... no botting or spoofing (don't know how to do that stuff anyway)... never used any maps or trackers. The only thing I've used besides the Pokemon Go app is PokeAdvisor and that was just to see the IVs of my Pokemon.

I've also lost ~20 pounds since I started playing which has been totally inspiring for me. I regularly walk 15,000+ steps a day and at least 4 times a week I do a massive 15 mile walk.
    607 and kaptrix like this.
  7. I wish I could walk around more and hatch more eggs, but it's hard to do it and feel safe as a 5 ft. female lol.
    607 likes this.
  8. Yeah, I'm not sure where you live but here where I live in Austin, TX we have three main places people go because of their benefits for playing Pokemon Go:

The Austin Capitol building, this is also known as "Jimmy's Loop" because of the name of the player who made this walk famous with his 24 hour marathon PokemonGo session where he earned over 1million XP. This area is open and lit up 24/7 and has a police presence the entire time. It's also heavily populated with people so it's easy to feel safe.

Town Lake, this is where I do my big 15 mile walks. It's not lit up at night and sunset is at 8pm, but it is a very popular walking trail, you are rarely alone on the trail so it's reasonably safe although I would definitely recommend folks getting back to the main areas by 8pm just in case.

Downtown RR, this is further north and is a rather small but very populated area with a ton of PokeStops. Tons of businesses in the area plus the police patrol it so it's deemed safe, I seriously doubt someone would try something in this area.

I can honestly say that I doubt I would be as into this game as I am if I was living in a less populated area that didn't have a ton of PokeStops and gyms. Luckily Austin had a ton of Ingress players and thus there is a HUGE Pokemon Go presence.
    607 likes this.
  9. This event is pretty awesome!
    kaptrix and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  10. I'm over in Barcelona this week and I got myself a Mr Mime so that's cool.

Also the amount of candies you get from egg hatches during this event is insane! One of my friends has over a thousand Ghastly candies now lol
    kaptrix likes this.
  11. yay!! Thanks for the heads up Kaptrix. This'll help with me catching one of my fav pokemon. =D
    607 and kaptrix like this.
  12. For the first week it was out, it was all anyone talked about. Now most people don't even know what it is unless you remind them of it - at least, in England.

Anyway, I downloaded this when I got my Xperia Z5 back last month. So far all I've managed to catch is two weedles, a gloom, two pidgeys, a squirtle and when I opened it to go check I caught a marowak lol.

I also have like, three magikarps because the city nearest to me is by the seaside and was full of them when I went there on Friday.

Not even at a level where I can choose my own team because of how rare Pokemon are here in my house :p
  13. Yeah? How about Miitomo?
    Pokémon Go I heard semi-regular talk about for at least 2 months. Miitomo... about 2 days. :p
  14. *Didn't even know what that was until this post*
    607 likes this.
  15. Well, that does a good try proving my point, I think. ;)
  16. Niantic needs to do a major update to bring back the audience that it had
  17. I got myself a 100% IV Squirtle yesterday. Exciting times yo.
    kaptrix and PhoenixAffinity like this.
  18. rip pokemon go
    2016-2016