Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FriedLikeRice, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Seems like here in Canada we've had better luck in people not dying playing the game so far. But who knows? Anyways is it worth getting, or no? Just came out in Canada not too long ago apparently.
  2. Well I can safely say that once you reach level 20, you are going to have a hard time leveling up without spending money. To go from Level 20 to Level 21, you need 50,000 XP. To go from 21 to 22 you need 75,000 XP. With Lucky Eggs you cut the # of evolves you need to do in half to reach those levels and you only get so many Lucky Eggs when you level up.

So not saying you have to spend money, but it certainly helps.

My recommendation for anyone at a lower level is don't use any of your dust to power up your Pokemon until you're up over Level 20, you're just wasting it to get Pokemon that aren't very strong. The easiest way to level up fast is to catch every Pidgey and Weedle (or whatever it's called) that you can find (as well as every other pokemon) and then evolve them all at once while using a Lucky Egg. Don't bother keeping the evolutions unless they are very strong, just evolve them to get the XP and then dump them off to the Professor for more candy.

Keep a lookout for any strong Eevee's you get and evolve those and use them to take over gyms, that'll work nicely until you get some of the stronger rarer Pokemon.
    Kytula likes this.
  3. It's actually not in Canada yet the people out in Toronto, halifax and Nova Scotia all have like "hacked" versions per say if you must i guess lol I'm smack middle in Canada and it is not officially out. I have it and it's addicting :p
  4. So, I've gotten pretty far myself, caught an Abra, and my entire town is swarming with Magmar and Poliwraths.
    It's pretty great. Oh, btw,
    TEAM INSTINCT IS THE BEST TEAM
    Kytula, jkrmnj and ChickenDice like this.
  5. Recently caught this guy wild at that level i was very please considering its now my second highest
    SirTah and WayneKramer like this.
  6. this is where I'm at currently... level 22

SirTah, ChickenDice and TromboneSteve like this.

7. I like this game now.
  8. And to think I was excited over getting a 1253 Snorlax this morning thanks for ruining my mojo </3
  9. Sorry I can't hear you over all of the gyms that your team doesn't own ;)
  10. that's a good one. I've only gotten one Snorlax and it wasn't very strong. Still looking for another one.
  11. i work on a food truck so i get to travel alot to bad the last two times i travled servers where down
    Kytula likes this.
  12. It actually hatched from a 10km egg this morning at 499 CP and I just powered it up as much as I could.
  13. Just level 4 :)
  14. Valor and Instinct are going to have a hard time taking over that gym.
    Sparticals, UltiPig and TromboneSteve like this.
  15. IKR???
    Sparticals and TromboneSteve like this.
  16. Man, funny coming from someone who's legendary bird is actually worse
  17. Did your instincts tell you that?
    UltiPig, __Khepri__ and TromboneSteve like this.
  18. inb4 the final poke is a CP10k
  19. the beat part bout me being valor and my family being mystic is the moment they take down a gym i take it back over lol
    Kytula likes this.