Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by FriedLikeRice, Jul 9, 2016.

1. welp gg i missed a kabuto today
  2. I found a CP879 Snorlax today :eek:
  3. Yes! got my brother, sister, and their spouses, plus my 2 nieces on team instinct :D We shall now commence taking over the local gyms bwahahaha!
    PhoenixAffinity, 607 and SirTah like this.
  4. Totally not gonna try and find those gyms and take them over :rolleyes:
    Kytula likes this.
  5. i managed to catch quite a few good ones earlier
  6. Got a 1637 cp flareon, 1103ccp pinsir, 893 cp pinsir, 845 cp jolteon.
    TromboneSteve likes this.
  7. Just got level 5, and joined team valor.
    Aiyard likes this.
  8. So, I finally got to a high enough level/caught better Pokemon to fight at gyms. Does anyone have any advice for fighting a snorlax at a gym? All he does is jump but it does ridiculous damage and I don't know how to/if it's possible to jump and avoid that damage.
  9. I got an Onix and a 1187cp Electabuzz today (boom)
  10. You can dodge by moving right and left in the gym. Wait until you see that the Pokemon is doing a special move and then you move to dodge it.

I beat Snorlax with my Vaporeon.

My advice about gyms in general is that the ONLY point to taking over gyms is to get the bonus in the shop. When you take over a gym, click on the Shop and see the shield at the top, you get one bonus for each gym you take. So if you hold 7 gyms at once, you get 700 coins and 7000 dust (or something like that). So if you've already taken your bonus for the day, no reason to take over more gyms because that's just going to make you use up your potions to heal your Pokemon.

As you get higher in level you'll see that it's much harder to stock up on potions than it is on Pokeballs. Right now I have like 200 Pokeballs and no potions which means I can't do anything in gyms because I won't be able to heal up afterwards.
  11. Yeah, I swiped to dodge and still got hit majorly every single time. It was like it affected the entire area each time he jumped. Maybe I'm just bad at it lol.
  12. o_o whoa, I don't even have as many pokestops in my area as that, let alone are filled with lure modules.
  13. :D I found this lady around my dorm!

607 and ChickenDice like this.
  14. I was searching through pictures on imgur and I stumbled apon this...
    TromboneSteve likes this.
  15. Nurse Joy has a ton of HP up there.

Here is the first page of my arsenal currently:

16. For each pokemon you have in a gym you get 10 pokecoins and 500 stardust :p
    Aiyard likes this.
  17. thats why you do an earl;y morning gym run to claim as many gyms as you can and get as many stuffs as you can
  18. I was pumped for it, but I hate the game. It's too dangerous.
  19. She is right the game is far too dangerous. I quit the game recently. I was working on my curve ball technique, and my hand literally fell off. I was lucky that people were nearby, as if they weren't doctors said that I would have bled out.

Now all I have is 182 pidgeys and just one hand.
  20. Oh noe!
    jkjkjk182 likes this.