Player Based Difficulty Released! "Play Your Way"

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Apr 26, 2014.

1. 5 would be "recommended" but it really is your choice, hence "Play your Way." If the current difficulty is too hard, maybe 3 or 4, but if it's too easy, anything over 5 :)
  2. This is probably intended, but when at level 10 difficulty zombies teleport through walls
  3. Ok I have a question and this doesn't specifically have to go with player settings but I'm noticing (maybe just my imagination) that if I kill an enraged mob with an iron sword I get more drops than if I kill them faster with a diamond sword. Is this just my imagination or is there some benefit to killing mobs slower that you get more drops?
  4. Is it a bug that magma and normal slimes don't multiply? Plus their damage and health seems kind of low for difficulty 10, seeing how you can kill a normal sized one with only 2 hits of a normal sword. I would also make the bigger slimes have a larger chance of dropping better stuff than the tiny slimes, seeing how I got about 2 stacks of slimeballs from the tiniest slime with fortune 3.

Other bugs I may find:
    I killed about 5 baby cows, on difficulty 1, with a looting 3 sword, and got a few stacks of leather.
    Mirr0rr likes this.
  5. Well, there is a damage cap, so it sounds like you potentially have your difficulty cached.

You have to go combat-free for 5 minutes for a change to take effect. Maybe you had it lower, fought then when you switched to 10 and fought the slime you was still lower?
  6. I have been eagerly awaiting this. Minecraft has seemed too easy for a while now and hasn't been a real challenge.
    Kaizimir and AlexChance like this.
  7. its not because you are a coward its because clearly you dont want me to get your head! :p
    Torian42 likes this.
  8. SkyDragonv8: Going difficulty 10, should be fun!
    SkyDragonv8 was slain by a Pig
    -----
    New drops I noticed:
    Torches
    Bread
    Steak
    Gap542, 607, SkareCboi and 1 other person like this.
  9. So I killed roughly 15 Mooshrooms on difficulty 10 and got
    136 leather
    A stack of steak
    Two bread
    13 torches
    Ten arrows
    And a Mooshroom head
  10. OOoooooh, off to the wild I go! :D

"I'm leaving you town, and I'm never coming back!!!! Mwahahahahaha"
    -gears up in full unb3, prot 4
    -/wastelands
    -sets dificulty to level 10
    -3 seconds go by
    -encounters baby zombie
    -QuarterStop was slain by Baby Zombie
    -Spawns at /town
    "Well that lasted long!"
    -_-
  11. Also, I noticed Baby Enraged Mobs.
    607 likes this.
  12. Got diamonds from a normal zombie?! AWESOME
  13. Another question:

Now that this " Difficulty" update is here, what will happen to exp farms like "Endertopia"? What if someone just put the difficulty at 1 and easily getting one shot kills and such?
  14. Endermen are already one shot...
    MageTrixx likes this.
  15. Skip endermen, I am talking about EXP farms in general.
  16. I've been doing my regular thing at the mob grinder on Difficulty 7 and so far I'm not seeing any difference than when it was on 5, if anything I'm seeing less enraged mobs and the ones I have seen are dropping less. I haven't seen many enraged mobs drop nothing but since this update I've seen several drop nothing after I killed them.

I did switch to using a Looting III diamond sword whereas I was using an un-enchanted iron sword before though, not sure if that plays any part in this.
    MageTrixx likes this.
  17. Jebus... xD just put it on 10 in an ender man grinder... 1 hit kill.... but still awesome update :)
  18. Killing monsters in mob traps will overall result in less loot now.

Every entity has a looting "Score", and if you attack an entity that cant fight back, you will incur a score penalty, lowering its looting score level. So if your on difficutly 5 killing mobs in a pit that can't fight back, you'll essentially nerf them to level 0.

The same is true for all fall damage based traps. If the mob takes 95% damage from falling, you have no chance at special loot.
  19. As mentioned above, if the mob is taking too much damage from non player source or damage where it cant fight back, the score is nerfed and the monster will not give off bonus rewards.

Natural world spawn mobs that you fight fairly are about the only way you should get special rewards.

So, get a group and go slaying :)