Player Based Difficulty Released! "Play Your Way"

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Killed a skeleton and got two enchanted bows xD
    He had a backup :p
  2. It is affected, but there was a bug with the "common items" bonus, which was fixed.

Go kill a lot and find out ;) but basic survival stuff, nothing too op. Just meant to make non mob farm monster slaying more rewarding.

Where would the fun in that be! Part of the fun is going out and finding out what all happens now :D
    607 and hashhog3000 like this.
  3. Something I've noticed is that enraged mobs are dropping more diamonds than in the past.
    I'm playing on difficulty 5, so basically what was going on in the past, and back then, I used to get 2-6 diamonds maybe once every 5 enraged. Now I'm getting about 6 diamonds every other enraged. After about 45 minutes of fighting, I've gotten half a stack of the shiny blue gems

So umm, yea. Enraged mobs at normal level (they've been nerfed there btw)= quick easy diamonds.
  4. "You do not have permision to perform this command" ....
  5. Thank you!!! I get scared of zombies chasing me o-o ***wimp*** I literly jump out of my seat when I see one xD So, thank you :3
    kevdudeman likes this.
  6. If you're using "/difficulty" that is the server command to change the server difficulty (easy, normal, hard). If you do
    "/ps set difficulty #" that will change your personal difficulty.
    607, cowland123 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  7. Or just /ps and click through the menus :)
    607 and cowland123 like this.
  8. Wow, finally! :) I was off from EMC because of Ludum Dare, but already saw samsimx's video about difficulty settings on youtube. Good job!
    RainbowChin likes this.
  9. Can you define "can't fight back"? If you shoot a mob with a bow at a great distance it "can't fight back". If I stand on a dirt pillar and shoot a zombie standing under me, it "can't fight back". In the past I have made hunting platforms in the dessert to shoot mobs all night long, then go loot the drops when the sun came up. So does that mean that method is included in the "can't fight back" definition?
    607 likes this.
  10. Shooting far away = It can walk to you, so it won't teleport.
    Standing on a dirt pillar is the exact criteria I targetted to nerf. So standing on 2+ tall dirt pillars, or mobs trapped in a "chamber", are the general cases that will trigger teleportation.

IE: If it's safe for you to go AFK by, then it will teleport.
    dresden72 likes this.
  11. Do all level mobs teleport or mobs lvl 6+? Where are they teleporting to? Closer to attack or just to get away? Like "see ya, I'm out of here!" 'cause the dirt pillar trick has saved my bacon a few times from enraged zombies.
  12. It seems that mobs teleport on levels 8 or higher, and they will teleport towards you.
    Wouldn't be harder if they teleported away lol
    Mr_Zulus and dresden72 like this.
  13. It would if he came back with friends...
  14. If you want I can make it do a war cry to call for backup...
  15. Meanie... :p One at a time is good enough thank you very much. :D
  16. I um went on level 10 and took on a regular zombie (God armor, god sword, full hunger) And within seconds, was down to half health and the zombie was still alive after at least four, maybe five hits (turkey slicer, like 10.25 attack I think xD)
  17. I might as well join you, it takes me like 5-6 full draws on a pow 5 bow to kill a spider on level 6 and something randomly one shot me on level 7 with nothing around.. o3o
  18. ...So I might as well go drop my Fail-Not in a lava pit?
  19. What do you mean?

Nothing really changes for this update when it comes to farms -- Previous farms were nerfed in the sense that they didnt drop custom items in first place, this new rule was to be proactive and prevent people designing farms that do work for the emc loot system.

Farms will still drop vanilla loot tables the same as before.