New Supporter Perks! Misc Improvements - 6/15/18

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Sounds great :)
    607 and Elite like this.
  2. why not?
    Elite likes this.
  3. That's correct.

It would be difficult to judge the intended meaning of other's messages if you disabled view.

As you'd have two options on disable:

Remove unformatted as **example**
    Remove unformatted as example

Formatting adds a layer of speaking in text form

If you remove other's italic or bold, the meaning may come across in an unintended way
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  4. YUSSSSSS :D
    Elite likes this.
  5. Niccee
    Elite likes this.
  6. While A PS to disable from the other direction totally feels logical, it's too complicated to do. We don't have time for that.

It would require rewriting some of the chat system and also introduces other concerns such as removing Staff members use of color, which we do not ever want to support.

While chat seems like such a simple concept, there's almost 2000 lines of code behind our's and that's optimized not crappy code.
  7. Makes perfect sense, and I can well imagine that there are higher priorities. On a personal note I also think such a filtering feature seems a bit redundant because I don't really see any abuse happening soon. Not too many people use characters to emphasis on their words anyway.

As I said it somewhat confused me at first but as usual: when looking back it all makes sense again :)

Thanks for the feedback!
    JDHallows likes this.
  8. As with any new feature, I expect there will be "growing pains" as the community adjusts to it. Over time, we will learn together what acceptable formatting is and is not ;) In the meantime, the staff team will deal with reports as they come in for "spam" on a case by case basis, and the community will be a good sounding board to determine what that spam may look like in chat :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. Continuing the pursuit of Excellence within the Empire... thanks to all involved!
    aaadam12 and Elite like this.
  10. Awesome update release from the devs!

A note:
    Player perks that expire upon not being a supporter are crucial for the Empire to continue to prosper. The Empire needs constant supporterships so that the hardware can continue to be upgraded and developers can continue to release these awesome updates like these. Sadly, not everyone supports just to help the server. A good portion of supporterships are due to wanting the perks the ranks provide. Due to the EULA restrictions, we are forced to rely on cosmetic features for our supporters and we're working diligently to try to bolster our supporter benefits back up with the new restrictions.

If anyone has any ideas for future COSMETIC supporter perks you'd like to see, please do not hesitate to suggest them. (in the suggestion box preferably)
    luckycordel, 607, aaadam12 and 3 others like this.
  11. Wonderful vault update! So much easier to go through my 255 vaults. :rolleyes:

Also just thought of this... when Krysyy posted above with any ideas... I think it'd be cool if supporter could dye leather armor any color they wanted (holding the item in their hand and typing a command) Not entire sure if this is possible, just a thought.
    aaadam12 likes this.
  12. Awesome update guys! No longer reload vault, which is very useful for vaults of player heads stored away. It can get quite laggy when I open them repeatedly between servers. And at last, no more cycling through one at a time. Nice new supporter perk and chat additions. Looking forward to the special upcoming update!! :D

Thank you dev team!
    aaadam12 and Elite like this.
  13. Small bug. Italics * is not terminated. So in the chat i could type "hello * there how are you?" and everything except "Hello" is italic. (only for italics) However, it doesn't do that for bold. Also would love a manual way to terminate the Auto italic's like "/*" or something so i can still say "*gasp*" :)

Any questions, feel free to ask
    aaadam12 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  14. Have you tried /* ?
    As I'm pretty sure the escape character works.
    luckycordel, 607 and aaadam12 like this.
  15. Apparently you didn't read all posts.
  16. just tried it, I did get "unknown command" which is expected. However upon spacing the text out, it italicizes everything except the "/"
  17. Maybe you can try putting @t or @l or @whatever before it, to prevent it from looking like a command to the chat? :)
    607 likes this.
  18. A space did the job. I did test with a period though. It didn't work.
  19. so your saying if i had diamond, and i updated my vault icons, and diamond expires, will they display as chests, or to what i updated them too but i cant edit them
  20. You will see them as chest.

What I do not know, is that if you renew the supportership, if you have to re-add all icons, or the old icons are saved