New Supporter Perks! Misc Improvements - 6/15/18

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jun 15, 2018.

1. oh derp. I meant. \*.
    Backslash is the escape character.
    luckycordel, ShelLuser, Elite and 2 others like this.
  2. Finally actually tried the new vault feature and I love it! Such a small change but such a great addition. Thanks again for that! :)
  3. The old icons are saved.
  4. Holy crap, that new vault system is quick!! :D Thanks a lot, this is amazing! :)

I have found a tiny bug, though: the +1, +2, +3, and +4 page buttons list the vault alias of the currently opened vault. They do still go to the correct vault, but just list the wrong alias. This does not happen with the -1 (etc) buttons.

5. Have that fixed in the code... Aikar must not have pushed it. No worries, will be fixed.
  6. Great, thanks! :) Again, compliments on the speed of opening vaults, it's amazing. :)
    ShelLuser, Elite and 607 like this.
  7. Much appreciated. The flicker of the vaults opening was an oversight of my original system design for our interfaces. But there is a definite speed up with the vaults themselves. We are doing only one database query each time, instead of two which we were before. Glad it is appreciated. Look forward to more cool stuff in the near future.
  8. You've said it twice now, I'll have to check it out...
    It's cool! I do really notice the improvement. The nicest thing is not having to remove the cursor.
    ShelLuser, Elite and TomvanWijnen like this.
  9. Were there any changes to spigot, that h ad to do with villages creation? Ever since this update my iron farm is broke. :(

The farm worked just fine before this for months. Making almost 2600 ingots an hour. now nothing. :mad:
    Starsphere likes this.
  10. Woah, that sounds like more than you could mine in an hour!
    Starsphere likes this.
  11. how long has it been operational since? ie, continuously operational.
  12. I used it almost everyday for weeks at a time. Hadn't used it in a few days because of work. When I started it up again, spawned 1 golem and not even in the drop shut. It is the Iron Phoenix from tango Tec, and have never had an issue before this update.
  13. There have not been any changes recently which intentionally broke Iron Farm mechanics. I will look into it, but I do not know what I will find.
    607 likes this.
  14. And actually. It is possible, that you got hit by an internal server limit which caps the number of 'villages' per server. This may not have been an issue before, but perhaps someone else is using an iron farm, blocking you.

Just stipulating, have no reason to think one way or the other.

I am not familiar with the specific exploit that this "Iron Phonix" uses, it doesn't look like something that should work in normal mechanics. The short bit of video I watched mentioned it should be built in a spawn chunk. So I don't have an explanation why it worked before and not now. I would have quickly assumed it shouldn't work in the first place.
    607 likes this.
  15. The Farm was built back in Dec . So no issues for over 6 months.

There is no exploit to the farm, it just builds villages 1 by 1.

The Iron Pheonix does not have to be built in spawn chunks, you reset it each time you use it. And when I start it up most days no-one else is on the server, and have never had a limit of golem spawns in the villages because they are killed fast.

The farm has always worked. Until this last misc update that was pushed out. I just need to know if something in spigot was changed and we weren't told about it.
  16. Not meaning to imply that you are doing something 'bad' per-say. Despite the mechanic working in vanilla Minecraft, I would not believe that it is a mechanic intended by the MC developers.

Edit: Note. that the only change made recently remotely related is this. https://github.com/PaperMC/Paper/commit/1e3de9e936c0a0db60d919809627682ea30a8290

But it ONLY disables chunks from being loaded which should not ever be happening - only players should be able to load chunks.

If something is operating on the mechanic that requires chunks to load on their own. I would consider that as unintended.
    607 likes this.
  17. Nothing in the system loads chunks, There is an account there at all times, when system is running. That the only way the farm works.

Will have to check with Dracconis69 at some point. He just built the same farm on smp1 out at JackBiggins stream outpost. If his farm does not work either then that patch broke the farms.
  18. also worth noting that door fix was deployed 2 weeks ago. nothing that we know about changed in this last update with villages.
    607, OriginalScuf and Elite like this.
  19. That when the farms broke. Been trying to find a fix for them.
  20. But you asked if it broke in this update, as in it just changed.
    Again the only way this change could have impacted the farm is if it operated on villages being in unloaded chunks and the farm loads the chunks.

We will not be reverting this change no matter what it does to farms, as villages have been destroying servers down to 10 TPS due to that bug (Villages loading chunks is a bug, no matter if thats vanilla behavior or not)

There is another iteration going out to stop more cases of villages loading chunks here soon too as I found another case last night. But again, if your sitting in your farm and all chunks that make up your villages cells are loaded, then these changes are not the source.

If you previously relied on chunks farther than the view distance being force loaded, you will have to redesign.