New Supporter Perks! Misc Improvements - 6/15/18

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Hello everyone. No, this is not the secret update :) But this is stuff that we've had brewing unrelated to the secret update, and considering we are nearing the release of the secret update, I didn't want that update to drown out these changes...

This update focuses on new (yes, EULA Compliant) supporter perks, as well as some improvements for vaults, groups, and bug fixes for everyone.

Everyone - Misc Fixes and Features
    Chicken has worked his egg laying magic and reworked how the vault system behaves.
    • Vault's no longer "reload" when changing pages. No more cursor movement, no more lag between the pages
    • Vault page navigation buttons now also give you options for 2 or 3 pages to the left or right, not just 1 page at a time.
    • Everything is so much faster! We are preloading vault metadata on login now enabling us to swap those pages even faster, and enable those 2/3+ page buttons.
    • A bug where lighting an Enraged Creeper with Flint and Steel caused him to spam explode has been fixed
    • Items being "lost" during explosions from creepers has now been fixed. Come to find out, the items hadn't actually been destroyed, but put into a bugged state that you couldn't see them. If you did walk on top of them you were able to pick them up, and they would of also came back after a server restart.
    • Added "Public Groups" for JackBiggin. A group leader can type /gr public - and then once public, anyone can type /join <anygroupmember> to join that group.
    • The message about being invited to a group is now clickable to join that group.
    All Supporters

Supporters are now able to use markdown format to send formatted chat. No, you can not use colors. Just: Bold, Italics, Strikethrough

• Wrap with single * for Italics
    • Wrap with double * for Bold
    • Wrap with triple * for Bold and Italics (combined)
    • Wrap with _ for Underline
    • Wrap with ~ for strike through
    Please do not use this feature to make your messages hard to read, as that will be considered spam and subject to punishment.

If you need to disable the parser for a specific symbol, you can 'escape' it by putting a \ before it like so:
    \**Not Bold** **Bold** -> will print as -> **Not Bold** Bold

If you do not wish to use this feature, there is a new Player Setting to disable this system.
    Simply type /ps -> Click Supporter -> Advanced Chat = Off

Diamond Supporters

I believe this feature was inspired from a player suggestion. Diamond supporters, while viewing their vault page, may drag an item on top of the icon at the bottom of the page to set the icon for this page:

Then on your primary /vault list page (which you can get to by normal clicking said icon), that icon will show there too.

You must keep Diamond Active in order to continue seeing or updating the icons!

Also a nice hint.... player heads can be used! You can create deco heads specifically for your vault pages if you wish!

Currently the only unsupported item we know of at the time is Shields with Banners, are not able to be put as an icon.
  2. HECK YEAH BOOO YAGHGHH

i do wish we could keep the perks after we aren't supporters though :(
  3. that's really cool
  4. I think you and I both know why this was fixed :)
    Elite and We3_MPO like this.
  5. Very nice! This is something I had been wanting for a long time, and was just thinking about last week "When are they going to fix this?"

The new Supporter perks are a nice addition too.

6. This sounds like an awesome update Aikar, thanks to the dev. team for all the hard work!

Although I don't use vaults that much I do know someone who does ;)

I also really like the idea that you guys found somewhat of a loophole (not really a loophole, but you know what I mean) to give diamond support a push. I think it's awesome to give that a bit of extras :)
  7. Thank you Chickeneer! and You Crafty Devs. :cool: Always listening and improving. Lovin' it!! :D
  8. I'll take the blame there! A seemingly minor part of the system I included was causing the 'reload'. I thought it was just a consequence of how minecraft inventories work - until I dug deeper and found my mistake.

I think everyone will be pleased by the improvement; it carries over to other interfaces as well! Including the Empire Assistant and residence flag interface.
    purplebook163, Pab10S, Elite and 8 others like this.
  9. WOO this is awesome
    Elite and Windylava like this.
  10. Love it! Can't wait to use thes new chat options to advertise my new mall! Thank you Aikar! This is great :)
    purplebook163 and Elite like this.
  11. Sounds really cool! I've actually always wondered if formatting in chat was ever going to be a thing. :p
    Elite and Windylava like this.
  12. Awesome perks! But imo this is the best part of this thread

purplebook163, Elite, AlexC__ and 2 others like this.
  13. Woke up for a second and noticed that my iron farming account had been disconnected due to server restart and had a feeling there had been an update. Nice to see that these have finally been ticked off as completed, saw these chucking along a mile down the track :D

Anyways, back to sleep for me! \o/
    purplebook163, Elite and FadedMartian like this.
  14. Thanks for fixing vaults! You lapis supporters and Aikar work super hard to spoil us :D
    Elite likes this.
  15. Some great additions there - thanks :D
    Elite and FadedMartian like this.
  16. Oo nice work guys!
    Elite likes this.
  17. **YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS**

;)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Lukas3226 and Elite like this.
  18. Now i gotta go around looking for creeper explosions on my deathlog! :D

- Andy
    Elite and aaadam12 like this.
  19. Dang, this is epic! Definitely going to be using strikethrough in chat! And now all of the people selling things in chat can be fancy!
    Elite and aaadam12 like this.
  20. Awesome update, thanks! :D

Can’t wait to tinker with my vaults :p
    belac555, Elite, 607 and 2 others like this.