Misc Updates - 3/28/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Could you clarify what you mean by this? You either are in preview mode, or not.
    What do you propose instead? Only should reset when you log out/change servers.
  2. That was maybe a bit confusing, yes, haha

What I'm suggesting is a way for the customer/visitor to now always have to do /togglepreview when entering the residence. This will be much less confusing for especially newer players, as they might not know/forget about the /togglepreview command, but it is also just easier for the customers/visitors in general. :)

Maybe this is already possible, but I'm misunderstanding the way it works :p
    b0bbythebuild3r likes this.
  3. So, you want preview to always be disabled every time you enter a residence? So you have to toggle it to preview?
    That is what I interpreted from that.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  4. (I apparantly suck more at explaining then I thought at first :p)

That is the way it is now, right? Or am I understanding the way it works wrong? (or maybe there is a bug/mistake in the code)

Way it's now: alwaya have to toggle when entering a e.g. shop, coming from own residence.

Way I would like it to be: don't have to toggle, it just works when you enter a residence with the flag set true, without having to use a command when visiting the residence.

Feel free to ask for further explanation if needed (or if I'm still not clear enough :p). :)
    M4ster_M1ner and Gawadrolt like this.
  5. No, that is not how it works. It defaults off whenever you login. Then ONLY changes when you run the command. (Or log out).
    Not sure that your suggestion makes much sense with the current implementation. Reason: confuse people to no end why preview signs are opening up for them instead of actual container perms. Keep in mind that not all players read the forums or the wiki.
    I wouldn't want to enter a residence and have no idea what my preview toggle is set as every time I move onto a residence
    IamTheNub likes this.
  6. Is there a way of having the container perms overrule the preview flag? Because that way it could always be left on, I think.
    M4ster_M1ner likes this.
  7. THANK YOU
    IamTheNub likes this.
  8. We will talk about it. :)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  9. Now that most things on this thread have died down, Ima ask again about this thing I never got a reply to, that being that Dispensers with flint and steel activating portals no longer works after the update, was this intentional or is it a bug?
  10. When would you even need to use this aspect of the game? Fairly certain it is a result of a previous bug that existed related to fire spreading in the wild.
  11. Can this be removed? I see no scenario where this is helpful.
    tuqueque likes this.
  12. ... please dont troll ._.
  13. In this screenshot I have configured my launcher to run the latest MC version and added another 1.8 server to my list. The "BungeeCord 1.8 X"error message on the side is a reminder some of us watch for before we try logging in and I am sure I have seen it before for EMC. I think you have to restart in order to switch versions, so either way it is probably not taking any extra time, but he was trying to point out a problem rather than troll anyone.
    Gawadrolt and 607 like this.
  14. Many people do not know how to switch their version. By supporting the protocol, it allows us to deliver the message letting people know how to get connected again.
  15. I'm late to the convo but I had the exact same ideas as Tom. And thinking about it I was wondering: maybe a feature sign could do the trick? So people could make a 'preview section' and when going there you'd step over (or activate) a feature sign which could toggle this.
    M4ster_M1ner and TomvanWijnen like this.
  16. It is a render issue on the client side (so your end) and can happen sporadically and to my knowledge there is no easy fix or solution here. I know this by heart because I kinda goofed with this issue when I was visiting the flag shop on a server and noticed flags to be gone. So I then tried to double check by checking using another account and the same thing happened. Reported to Krysyy, she checked and all turned out to be normal. So it can behave quite erratically sometimes.

Hope this helps a bit.
    Kytula and 607 like this.
  17. I guess putting that in the message line under the [Empire Minecraft] is out of the question?

I just find it more annoying than helpful.
  18. Try filling it with fireballs and move it beneath the portal.
  19. When you want to play EMC, you know to use 1.8.
    The day that changes you will either already be expecting it by seeing it on forums or you will know once you connect.

Using the server list to know when we update is unnecessary
    UltiPig and ForeverMaster0 like this.
  20. I don't use the server list to know. When I launch 1.9, I do sometimes go into Multiplayer and attempt to play EMC and I am faced with the message since I forgot to switch versions.

I hope that you won't do the same thing for 1.10.