Misc Updates - 3/28/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Mar 28, 2016.

1. That happens to be the joke.
  2. Another nice update developers! I still prefer the the old-fashioned way of setting flags, if you take a look at my residence info (10225, 10226, 10227, and 10228), you'll see that my flags are very specific, not very many flags are left out xD. I'm tried the new flag system last night and I enjoyed it :). I was waiting for a flag for riding minecarts so well done!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. nope
  4. There does appear to be a bug where when the container:preview flag is set to true for everyone, the owner (myself) can't get into the chests, instead it throws up a preview of that chest that I'm trying to open, and when I removed the flag I had to disconnect and reconnect for that to take effect.
    607, tuqueque and StoneSky like this.
  5. Well, that is a bug.

Gotta have the container perm override the preview flag.
    IamTheNub likes this.
  6. Yes but not the parent container because the subflag preview is still set to true for everyone, so the override flag would actually be the preview flag again and set it false for yourself.
    IamTheNub and tuqueque like this.
  7. Explain it like I'm 5?
  8. Because the preview flag is a subflag of the container flag, and because subflags override parent flags, setting the parent flag any different wouldn't help. I don't know how to put it any plainer than that. I'm kinda a flag geek xD
  9. Okay. The parents little child is stronger than the parent. The little child's decision has more importance than the parents even though the parent is the parent. Changing the parent ain't gonna change the child.
  10. Okay. Explain this like I'm 4.

I'm kidding.
    Gawadrolt and IamTheNub like this.
  11. Does not sound like a bug. You need to /toggle preview. Then it will no longer open up a preview chest for you ;)
    When you are in preview mode. You will only try to open previews of the containers. When preview mode is off, same as before
    IamTheNub likes this.
  12. Yessir
  13. I know this is probably something on my end, maybe a render issue. But other people have mentioned the same thing to me. I have no idea where to post this other then making my own thread for it :p which I'm sure will have one answer and then be closed. So...

My banner shop at 2113 will load the banners in an odd way. They will be displayed on the wall one moment, then gone the next, without me moving at all, or vise versa. Sometimes I've had to restart M.C. and re-log before they show up. I probably have to much shoved into each chunk (I have 270+ on display), but would like to understand this better so I can then in turn explain it to other players. Thanks :)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. Ah I gotcha, so if I was a customer, i'd enable preview mode, the preview flag under container is the one that allows for that.
  15. Omg, the preview flag will probably reduce lag at my shop soooooo much. Great idea! Now to find time to get rid of those lag monster preview signs.
    Gawadrolt and tuqueque like this.
  16. Hey Aikar, does the preview flag mean that we do not need preview signs anymore? I typed /togglepreview and /res set preview t , but people still can't preview chests unless there's a preview sign. I'd love to get rid of the preview signs, since signs are a major cause of lag.
    Kytula likes this.
  17. Oh... I tried it myself and it gave me a preview..... my guinea pig didn't quiet know what they were doing lol.
  18. I'll come to your res now to test, give me 3 min or so. :)
  19. OKay for shop owners:

If you want all your chests previewed,

You must have a sign telling customers they have to /togglepreview. This turns on previewing chests for an individual when they have the flag to (at your shop, or at the customer's res). When the customer goes to their res afterwards, all their chests will be previewable, but no openable and they will have to /togglepreview again to turn it off so they can open their own chests.

Also your res has to have /res set preview t in order for people to toggle their own previews and then be allowed to preview on your res. Is this clear?
    Gawadrolt, Kytula and TomvanWijnen like this.
  20. Seems clear to me. :) This is what we found out after trying things on my res for a few minutes :p

To me it doesn't seem entirely logical though (not aimed at you), is there a way to not always have to do /togglepreview when entering a residence, or would this create too much lag, or some other kind of problem?
    ShelLuser and Gawadrolt like this.