Microsoft Buying Mojang?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by yarbsarb, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Minecraft is not such a great game. The community makes it to the best game ever. Microsoft cannot buy that, only the brand. Be realistic!
    ~docm77
    BevK56 likes this.
  2. I think Minecraft Is a good game sorry, and I would like it to stay that way... so no microsoft pl0x
  3. Yes I do. He doesn't do anything for Minecraft, he stated he moved on to another project within Mojang. It is my personal opinion, but nothing amazing has come from Mojang besides Minecraft, so I could care less if he drops out. He is of no use to Mojang besides his ability to sway his sheep's opinions, like he did for the EULA.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  4. They do have shareholders, I'm sure markus persson said somewhere that he was the majority shareholder. This would mean that the shares are private but still there, even if the public cannot access them.
  5. He cancelled that project, too.

Notch is a douchebag. He always contradicts himself, shoves blame and accusations on people without any evidence, starts arguments and since he finished Minecraft he has sat around writing crappy tweets and supporting EULA changes in a desperate attempt to stop people hating on it.

I also don't get what Microsoft hope to get out of Mojang. Minecraft is their only well-selling game, and sales are beginning to slow down as more and more people lose interest in its genre. Their other game, Scrolls, is a pretty bad game and hasn't sold well. I don't know what on Earth is going on with Cobalt. Its a pretty cool platformer, but its not something many people are going to buy.
  6. you seem to miss the point. thats ok.
    607, SoulPunisher and Mirr0rr like this.
  7. All of my this.

Back when I was 10/'early into the age of 11', I only played Single Player and thought Minecraft was a good game. Then a friend introduced me to EMC and I started playing on servers, and I noticed how boring the game was without people to play with. Minecraft is a decent game, but it isn't a good one. If I had to choose 10 good games to come out in the past, say, 7 years, Minecraft would not be on that list.
    MrUnknownian likes this.
  8. Mine would be:
    CoD: Advanced Warfare
    CoD: Ghosts
    CoD: Black Ops II
    CoD: MW3
    CoD: Black Ops
    CoD: MW2
    CoD: World at War
    CoD: Modern Warefare
    marknaaijer likes this.
  9. Ewwww.
    Also, I love Modern Warefare too! :D I love transporting all the different boxes around and making my own company who delivers shipments around the world and stuff! Its so kewl! <3333333

I don't know what mine would be... i'm guessing something like this;

• Fallout: New Vegas
    • Borderlands 2
    • Team Fortress 2
    • LIMBO
    • Mirror's Edge
    • Overgrowth
    • Portal 2
    • Age of Empires II HD Edition (wat? A game with slightly different textures from the original 90's version is a new game. Stop looking at me like that...)
    • Tomb Raider
    • Prison Architect
    • Super Mario Galaxy
    ^^^Not in a rank-list-thing...
  10. yes
  11. I feel like Mojang is a one hit wonder. They haven't had a successful game other than Minecraft. Sorry to say but I feel like Mojang might burn out soon if Minecraft merchandise stops selling, so they might need to sellout to stay afloat.
    MrUnknownian likes this.
    • Persona 3
    • Persona 3 FES Edition
    • Persona 3 Portable
    • Persona 4
    • Persona 4 the Golden
    • Persona 4 arena
    • Persona 4 arena Ultimax (Coming on the 30th o3o)
    • Persona Q (Coming somewhere in November)
    • Persona 5 (Coming 2015)
    • HearthStone
  12. I will believe all this once I see it on an official thread, such as minecraft.net itself. Not sure why Microsoft wants to get its hands on Minecraft, but if it were to come true, they would mess it up. Just like they messed up windows 8 and vista. :p
  13. A men to that MrBigBux, my worst fear would be seeing Microsoft shutting down Multiplayer servers because they see them as "stealing profit" If that does happen we should all go on a windows strike. Most likely though they would make Minecraft go to 2.0 and then sell DLC's but that's just my opinion.
  14. No. 1 reason I can think for Microsoft to buy Minecraft is to push sony out. Release Minecraft 2.0 without playstation and drop all support for future java versions of the game.(isn't the xbox code written in something like C#?) I doubt Microsoft cares about PC games, it's not a growth market. With the android console set for release soon (I'll have to check on those details again) Microsoft can't have yet another market player worming in on their turf. Android is written in Java, so it would be too easy to make a Minecraft version that also works with existing online Minecraft servers, which other consoles don't do.

I doubt PC will ever see another Mojang release of minecraft if Microsoft buys. I'm not convinced any of this means the end of EMC. There isn't any reason that the modding community can't move forward however we please from where we are now. I guess it could involve re-branding the entire sponge, I mean game. And without updates to the client, we will have to forge (cough) ahead on our own. Or something like that.
  15. +Title Screen and every other GUI is now has a nice tiled look to it.
    +Minecraft 9 will be replacing Minecraft 1.9
    +Minecraft Surface 9 is in development
    +Minecraft Logo is now flattened to resemble the Microsoft Logo
    -Herobrine removed from the game (and 2 dollars will be removed from your wallet every update)
  16. I would post a long rant about how Microsoft won't mess up Minecraft, but that doesn't seem to be the problem here. The problem is that everyone sees a big company buying another and instantly pictures the equivalence of a greedy CEO prepared to murder everyone. If Amazon had bought them, people would be complaining about the Kindle Fire and Prime. If Google had done it then someone would have brought up Youtube and stalking. Because Microsoft did it, people are complaining about metro interfaces and in app purchases (which makes no sense sense because they don't even use iap's much). Mojang is not forced to sign anything and they are likely doing it because they want to and believe it is the best for their company. Feel free to disregard this completely and continue using this thread as an excuse to complain about Microsoft's other and unrelated products, but I hope at least a few people understand that something great may happen because of this and we need to just keep an open mind and believe that Mojang knows what is best for Minecraft.
    607, mba2012, Deadmaster98 and 3 others like this.
  17. +Minecraft now default game on all Windows PCs :D