Microsoft Buying Mojang?

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by yarbsarb, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Ya know what would suck more than this? If Microsoft bought the companies that run servers... Such as Hivelocity, the one that runs EMC...
  2. That's very unlikely:p
    herocrafter2912 likes this.
  3. Just giving a worse idea.
  4. herocrafter2912 i think it would be worse if Microsoft made it so people could only have servers on Minecraft Realms.
    herocrafter2912 likes this.
  5. You're confused. Hivelocity hosts EMC. Starlis LLC runs EMC. Microsoft probably wouldn't buy hosting or servers (or their parent companies) but could just make their own. Plus why? The community handle that part, there is no need to get involved.
  6. Number one, I was confused when I typed that; I knew that Stalis runs it and Hivelocity hosts it. Just didnt word it right.

Number two, I dont like the way you are reacting to it. I never said anything like, "Microsoft is buying Hivelocity." You guys are taking it in as if I claimed this is what they are doing. I offered up the idea, "Hey, what if they did this?" That would be worse. Can all of you just forget I said this, please? I did not mean to cause any trouble.
  7. Phil Spencer just announced that MS has no plans to stop Youtubers from doing what they're doing with Minecraft. Not directly related for those of us who run servers, but at least a good sign they're listening.
  8. That's extremely contradicting xD You want faster updates, but you want nothing to change. What would the updates do if they wouldn't change anything?
  9. While I hope everything works out for the better with regards to the game and community my thoughts are also with Aikar and Maxarias who took over EMC only to have the rug pulled from under them. I am sure things will work out in the end but let us not under estimate the burden of responsibility that they carry.
  10. Haha lol never thought about that, well you get the idea :D
  11. I honestly don't really get the idea :confused: Care to explain? :)