Meet Blizz Ard!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Krysyy, Dec 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. looking at my token history I have killed 10 blizz ards today and I got no noses :(

EDIT: and just as I typed this I found #11 and it gave me a nose, yay!
    607 likes this.
  2. Congrats
    Was it in my base? XD
  3. nope, it was pretty far out and way underground. I was chasing one down there and ended up finding three.
  4. Woah
    XD
  5. I found 2 Blizz Ard's because it where fighting with other mob. lol

6. So I spent the night AFK(surprisingly didn't get kicked!! Yay!!!) and these few blizzards are within a couple of chunks of me, and there is atleast another five outside of this mini-map's range
  7. The joys of an entity radar :p what minimap is that btw? Not really all too big on them but considering trying a few :p I'm assuming they are allowed on EMC?
  8. http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/approved-mods/

it's voxelmap, near bottom of "useful mods" section
    ScarTheNinja likes this.
  9. 1.7.10
  10. Hmm, i installed the 1.7.10 version earlier today but couldnt get the Blizz Ards to show up on it.
  11. press "M", then "radar", "Mobs to display", then turn on snow golem - if golem isn't on list, make sure "passive mobs" is turned on.
    ElfinPineapple0 likes this.
  12. i wish i would have seen this before :( didnt get to get it in time and i have 40k in tokens D:
  13. So there is a mod where entities show up. To me that gives an unfair advantage and takes away vanilla aspects of the game. I get that anyone can install mods but I hate installing mods.
  14. Not entirely. It's not universal in coverage in the area you're in - i.e. you can see every mob from y=0 to y=255. In addition, it doesn't differentiate between special EMC mobs and normal mobs. There's cases, such as with the Blizz Ard and the netherhound, where it sticks out because it doesn't spawn naturally in the area in question. For the most part though, it's not that big of an advantage. It's a small one, but not one that's economically crippling in nature.

I "think" a server has to have a minimum number of people online before it starts afk-kicking. You probably got really lucky that night.
  15. If it allows a player to see the special mobs, whether they be super turkeys, blizz ards, or marlix/momentus then it gives a HUGE advantage over another player who has to find them on their own. I found 50 Blizz Ard's total without any mods, just looking for them. If I had a tool like that which pointed it out to me I could've found double that many most likely.

just my .02. I'll leave it up to staff whether those mods should be allowed, I just don't like it.
    VoxelRay likes this.

16. Netherhounds are more annoying than beneifical beneficial economically and Blizz ards were one-time deals. The only major benefit was the nose and the mod can't help with that. Otherwise, you can't tell whether a chicken is a chicken or a super turkey or if a creeper is enraged; you still have to go find it.

It's an approved mod. Name is Voxelmap and can be found in the link below.

http://empireminecraft.com/wiki/approved-mods/
  17. Its not good that people can use a radar that show mobs. that make things very easy. i need to find them all by searching. supprised this mod is allowed. Anyway supprised radar mods are allowed. it ruine vanilla play.
  18. I wonder if it wasn't approved before the introduction of custom mobs. Having normal mobs show up on a 2D radar isn't particularly helpful, but it obviously makes a world of difference for some of the custom mobs like Marlix and Blizz Ard.
  19. Exactly. I'd like the staff to review it as an approved mod and confirm their call.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.