Mandatory MC Account Migration

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by triphora, Oct 21, 2020.

1. If we gotta move so be it..
    But I'm pretty sure they have programmers who could've added 2fa to Mojang and Minecraft... so imo that's just a line being fed to us..
  2. Of course! I think the free cape or is it capes is supposed to calm any fears we may have switching over. I have many fears getting switched over and a gift is the big red flag. Ever get a lollypop from a doctor just before you get that shot?
  3. No reaction from Dinnerbone, but he doesn't owe me one, I'd say. For now I'll assume that we in fact won't be able to log in using our username anymore. :(
  4. I had already switched over to micsoft account, but I forgot so I spent time migration the account. Only to getting the account lock! My only one mind you, but I got it back!
  5. the email i used for this account no longer exsists idk why but how am i supposed to migrate D=
  6. which one did you do?
  7. Cape time, woot!
  8. 2FA is a very good thing, it's about time that we finally get this extra layer of security. I've wanted this for a long time but Mojang never delivered.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  9. True. They could have, though, I'm sure. Even EMC has it, right? :confused:
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  10. EMC Mojang.

If Mojang did it, it would have helped combat the many hackings of many Minecraft accounts over the past decade. Such a shame that Microsoft had to purchase Mojang, just to do it themselves. (More embarrassingly, Mojang has had since 2009 to implement it.) smh

I commend Microsoft for doing something that Mojang was too incompetent to do. 👏 👏 👏
    DaybreakerMC likes this.
  11. Microsoft bought Mojang as it was a money making opportunity. Bigger fish eat smaller, even if slightly smaller... fish.

Also Notch retired and sold his company to the highest bidder. Highest bidder was Microsoft, coulda been EA for all we know, then everything woulda' been micro-transaction based and Multiplayer Only, written in a customized version of C++.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  12. Okay, so, when should we do this? I haven't heard anymore about it.
  13. You'll apparently get notifications in the default launcher when your account specifically is ready for transfer. :rolleyes:
    FadedMartian, 607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  14. Oh really? Thanks for the notification Waffee!
  15. I did it! Got my account Migrated
    Joy_the_Miner likes this.
  16. I'm personally a bit worried about the "deactivate your account part, as many people won't be up to date for they don't play often at all, for example they only play during the winter or smth, and they find that they no longer own minecraft. I might be misunderstanding the ramifications of not transferring the account, but that's an issue with the legibility of the text.
    607 likes this.
  17. I am having trouble trying to log into my Microsoft account, I keep getting an error on the password. I even tried to do a new Microsoft account and got the same thing, wrong password.
    607 and FadedMartian like this.
  18. Yeah, they have to make it so that you can still migrate your account, even if you cannot play anymore. But I wouldn't worry about that. They'd probably get into legal issues if they did permanently deactivate people's accounts, and I'm sure they would prefer not to.