Macros/Keybinds/Autoclickers Survey Community Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, Jul 11, 2018.

1. I understand what he was saying, but he definitely did not word it the right way, as it appeared very antagonistic.. or perhaps a better word is deviant from my actual post.
  2. The majority of players have indicated that they see AFK as not actively playing Minecraft.

This is another item that is tabled, along with multiple account use, for defining after we get these ideas fleshed out.

In the meantime, our suggestion of 3 minutes is the limit that is easily done if watching youtube.
    607 and The_Boulder like this.
  3. The fact of the matter is anyone who is not a user of macros will immediately draw the conclusion that they are "cheating" or unfair... If anyone can use them why is it an issue? Unfair playing advantage cannot apply here as anyone with a PC that isnt a po-ta-toe can load the Macro mod.
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  4. {personal opinion here}

When I joined EMC nearly 4 years ago, there was already an established player base. I expected the economy to be inflated and monopolized...but it wasn't! As a new player I gained a footing in the economy and become established -- all without the use of macros or mods.

I think it's far more difficulty for a new player to do this in today's economy. Over the years I've witnessed macro users gain dominate positions in the economy...villager trading, guardian farm crafting, head farming...and now mining?

I hope as a community we'll define boundaries that keep new players in mind. Ones that don't turn the economy into a competition of game knowledge and programming skill. Ones that welcome new players and encourage them to follow the same steps we did with establishing bases, building farms, making friends and joining outposts.
  5. In our survey:
    59% of players do not use macros, whereas only 27% believe they shouldn't be allowed.

Your statement is therefore not true, as shown by the numbers. There are players that feel that macros are an advantage over other players, not because they aren't using them, but because they represent gaining benefits without physically putting in the work yourself. This is an ideology difference and isn't always due to inability to use them.
  6. Thats my thing though... these people who do not want them being used are just choosing not to use them. Why should us users be impacted by them? If they do not know how to use them there's plenty of YouTube videos out there
  7. We are not stopping the use of macros entirely. Our rules are a compromise between both sides of the ideology difference. If you could elaborate on specific issues with the proposed ideas, then we may be able to make some progress in this discussion.
    FadedMartian and 607 like this.
  8. This is a good point, thanks.
    It's one I tend not to consider, as I don't recall the last time I cared about rupees. It was probably over five years ago.
    Windylava and FadedMartian like this.
  9. My main issue is with multi account interaction and auto clicking if you're right there and not AFK. Like I said before this is how it was defined back in 2016.
  10. Is a maximum of 3 minutes of AFK fair to you? Yes or No?
  11. No, it was a direct comparison of your post.

Let's reword your post to my point I was trying to make:

My point is, we have to set limits, because players will have an opinion that the activity they want should be allowed.

Play Your Way is not a synonym for 'no restrictions', but your post was worded in such a way that you believed it was/should be.
  12. Meaning you have 3 minutes to respond to a AFK check? Yes. This does not necessarily bring up the topic of multiple account world interaction does it?
    607 likes this.
  13. No, it does not. We are not at this time discussing multiple account world interaction, as we (Krysyy) would like to get other things out of the way first.

Edit: See this quote.
    Tuqueque and FadedMartian like this.
  14. This is the feedback I needed presently. Thanks!
    The discussion on multiple account use is after we finalize these items.
    Do you have any other input on the current ideas proposed for changes to the rules?
    607 likes this.
  15. Also, for anyone who doesn't think we need rules....
    let's put this in summary of how macros impact the economy (in an unrestricted environment, for example if EMC was to not restrict things), to show why we do need rules.

A uses macros
    B does not
    A and B both provide the same item in their shop

They produce 1 per hour of play time

A runs their operation 24 hours a day, producing 24 a day, but only plays 6 hours a day
    B runs their operation for 4 hours a day, producing 4 a day.

The community wants to buy 20 a day

If player A did not use macros, and also only produced 6 a day, then the community would split between both players to buy items.
    The community would find A out of stock, and then check B, giving both players attention to their shop.

But with A using macros, Players find B out of stock, but A is always in stock. They will now always just go to A as its always in stock.
    Compound the problem: Player A has extra stock, they undercut B, driving the price down of the item. Now players have no reason to go to B.

Enter player C. Exit player C as they see it's impossible to compete with player A. Exit player B for same reason.

This is absolutely not fair.

There has to be limits.

It keeps your capability close to other players who are not using macros.

If Player A did not use macros, Player Could farm for 3 hours, Player D for 4 hours, and player E for 3 hours, providing a healthy economy with 5 shops providing the same item, and enough stock to not need to undercut each other either.
  16. FYI: one does definitely NOT need macros to be able to for example mine on multiple accounts at the same time, this can easily be done in vanilla minecraft.
  17. I was keeping it very generic. One can not farm heads for example, or craft items, or trade villagers...

Additionally, you couldnt even safely mine multiple accounts even with some trick to mine on multiple accounts outside of stone gens, youd end up walking into lava, falling in holes, etc.
    crystaldragon13 and 607 like this.
  18. Was this aimed at me or the community? And if EMC is looking for non-baised answers how does you adding in examples only on one side of the aisle work?

In all seriousness, its an example of Natural Selection :p Those who think outside of the confined box win and those who just do the normal stuff lose. You want competition in an economy and this is the way to do it
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  19. I'm imagining some guy running a computer above the desk all normal-like but underneath the desk is another PC and the guy is using his toes.
  20. Is sitting at my chair and switching my left click mouse button to caps lock considered a key bind? With my Mac keyboard if I turn on my caps lock it keeps the action going as long as my computer does not fall asleep. Is this considered a key bind mod/macro?
    This is a legit question not a debating question...
    Jelle68, Tuqueque and FadedMartian like this.