Let's elect a President of EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 72Volt, May 15, 2015.

1. How about we develop a party system with primaries?
  2. #StoneSlabParty
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. Since there's only one elected position, I'm sceptical about the need for parties. A 'party' would just be a fancy name for a campaign team.

At this stage, I'm unsure if the President would just be a position for fun, or run a development corporation to host events, megabuilds, projects etc. for and by the whole community.

If we were to make it beyond being a fun title, I'd propose convening an EMC Community Assembly, as a means of officially organising the community to partake in projects and achieve large scale things which are too small for unorganised individuals and groups to undertake. I'm talking SMP4 Project-scale things and bigger which couldn't happen otherwise.

The Assembly would be made up of members who would pay an annual membership fee (5,000r?) which would be put towards projects and entitle them to voting to approve certain plans, allow them to form and join committees, and put forward plans to the Assembly, though voting for the President would ALWAYS be free for the whole community. The President would then be tasked with implementing the plans, be they an event, project, megabuild or whatever, through departments they may wish to establish, made up of appointed members.

Whoever gets elected President will have the choice of where they want to take that role. If we decided to go the complex way and not the 'just for fun' way, political parties would emerge. Which would be super fun tbh.

But I don't see the need for primaries?
    607 likes this.
  4. What about the conglomerate? :(
  5. What is the conglomerate? Are you just suggesting having every single EMC member as president, having a specific organisation as president, or...?
  6. Meh i nominate meh
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  7. A conglomerate is quite literally a group of "United States" so to speak. Any set of seperate entities that remain seperate but can be grouped as a whole is a conglomerate. An example would be Soviet Russia and all of its satellite states in its day.
  8. 72Volt, 607 and hashhog3000 like this.
  9. bite for pres cause bite is teh best
    Gawadrolt and Olaf_C like this.
  10. How where people elected?
  11. Hmm... Maybe a age of greatness is due. I have lead many groups. I nominate myself.
  12. missmadison910
    MissMadison910 likes this.
  13. Tigers eye control all, ALL HAIL TIGERSTARMC!
  14. will this election use the Single Transferable Vote system?!? :p
  15. Considering that 72volt is organizing this I'd say conflict of interest. I know its a jest but...

I don't feel like nominating myself here but... If you guys would like a non-biased event-moderator then that's someting I would like to apply for.

Of course knowing & acknowledging that this rules me out of any participation into this event.
  16. STV is used to elect multiple winners. Instead, we will use instant runoff voting, also known as Alternative Vote.
    wildbeast23 likes this.
  17. OK... I'm game. BreezyMan nominates BreezyMan. :p
    ShelLuser, Gawadrolt and tuqueque like this.
  18. As an opposition to the Stone Slab Party I declare the Stone Brick Slab Party, which is against people not noticing that Stone Brick Slabs exist.
  19. Bump!
    607 likes this.