Inspiring Quotes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by The_Mancub, Nov 26, 2016.

?

What do you think about this?

I like it 40 vote(s) 90.9%
Mixed 2 vote(s) 4.5%
I dont like it 2 vote(s) 4.5%
  1. "I am a Gamer. Not because I have no life but because I choose to have many." - Unknown
  2. The only person standing in your way is yourself.
    -unknown
    BreezyMan, 607, khixan and 1 other person like this.
  3. I haven't killed anyone. Yet.
    - me

I know what I know, but more importantly, I know what I don't know.
    - unknown

You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime.
    - Death, Neil Gaiman

Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot.
    - Morpheus, Neil Gaiman

Here's a quick rule of thumb: Don't annoy science fiction writers. These are people who destroy entire planets before lunch. Think of what they'll do to you.
    - John Scalzi
    _Devil__, The_Mancub and 607 like this.
  4. "Life's a dance, you learn as you go." - John Michael Montgomery
    _Devil__ and The_Mancub like this.
  5. "Just like seasons people have the ability to change" ~Unknown
    The_Mancub likes this.
  6. "Great accomplishments come with great sacrifices" - _CheshireCat__

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger." - Gautama Buddha

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Gautama Buddha
    _Devil__, The_Mancub and AmyLeePlayz like this.
  7. Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
    -Audrey Hepburn
    UltiPig likes this.
  8. "Nothing is Impossible, it just hasn’t been done yet."
    The_Mancub likes this.
  9. "If you think everything is possible... try dribbling a football."
    The_Mancub likes this.
  10. "We are either alone in the universe or we are not I don't know what scares me more"
    Jelle68 likes this.
  11. "There is no blinking at the fact that our people, our territory and our interested are in grave danger." -FDR, Infamy Speech
  12. " I like to use hard times in the past, to motivate me today! "

--

" Be the type of person that when your foot touch the floor in the morning, the devil says, ' Ahhw crap, they are up! ' "

- Dwayne Johnson ( The Rock )

I love those quotes, they helped me through tough times in my life.
    Jelle68 and The_Mancub like this.
  13. "I'm Speechless" - Someone, sometime, and somewhere in the world.

14. Similarly:

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. - George RR Martin

Totally unrelated to the post, but BioShock Infinite has some great quotes... if you understand the game that is.
    _Devil__, The_Mancub and BreezyMan like this.
  15. Every story I create, creates me, I write to create myself. - Octavia E. Butler
    The thing about the truth is, not a lot of people can handle it. - Conor McGregor
    If we lose love and self respect for each other, this is how we finally die. - Maya Angelou
  16. Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.
    -Buddha
    MrWhosCoopz, _Devil__ and EvilBlo like this.
  17. As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
    -John F. Kennedy
  18. What you accomplish today will determine what tomorrow will hold, but your past will reflect who you are today.
    -Zrugite

The future is now, the present will soon become the past, yet your former self shapes what your entire future will become.
    -Zrugite

(I made both these off the top of my head, and will likely use on of these as my grad quote :p)
    The_Mancub likes this.
  19. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
    -Og Mandino
  20. This is one from Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett:

" The Patrician took a sip of his beer. “I have told this to few people, gentlemen, and I suspect I never will again, but one day when I was a young boy on holiday in Uberwald I was walking along the bank of a stream when I saw a mother otter with her cubs. A very endearing sight, I’m sure you will agree, and even as I watched, the mother otter dived into the water and came up with a plump salmon, which she subdued and dragged on to a half-submerged log. As she ate it, while of course it was still alive, the body split and I remember to this day the sweet pinkness of its roes as they spilled out, much to the delight of the baby otters who scrambled over themselves to feed on the delicacy. One of nature’s wonders, gentlemen: mother and children dining upon mother and children. And that’s when I first learned about evil. It is built into the very nature of the universe. Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being, I told myself, it is up to all of us to become his moral superior.”