Ideas for veteran players of EMC 1/18/13

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by iamfuturetrunks, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Gambling under the age of 21/18 where applicable is illegal. So as that may seem to be an easy idea. It's best not to promote it.
  2. Jack hasn't the discussion of the credits been going on for a while. It's the setback with EMC that I notice. The dev's have such great ideas and they are talked about but never happen.
    Dragon Tombs - About a year in the making
    Wastelands - Two months in the making (I don't see why this would be difficult to implement)
    Empire Rewards/Credits - Mentions dating at least to last september (http://empireminecraft.com/threads/community-discussion-voting-perks.15546/page-2#post-267473)

I'm not saying EMC has an unfair system, but they don't seem to accommodate to normal players very quickly.
    Notice the swiftness of Endertopia 2's creation. (though it doesn't involve coding in it's roots)

In all, many great things will be available to regulars who make up a vast majority of our 60k plus players, but the balancing of the fairness seems to be taking a long time, so every rebuttal can't be "oh well you're getting this" because we really don't get what is planned.
    PandasEatRamen and Monster_ like this.
  3. I see what you are saying, everything that they have been doing is related to supporters
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  4. THIS.
  5. I don't care about perks I'm just advocating for them. A ton of things that helped people hang on to this server seem like they are never going to be released and they aren't necessary just an awesome bonus, but don't tease us. Dragon tomb's 1st mention appears about 1 year ago. I know they are trying to efficiently run a server, but it's not fair to tantalize us and never do what they are claiming to do.
    PandasEatRamen and ScarTheNinja like this.
  6. amen to that
  7. Griefers can be old players too :p
    TNT coudl be altered though, for example a limit of once a day or somethin :)
  8. They can be SUPPORTERS (gasp) too. (Jlopez...)
    ScarTheNinja and bitemenow15 like this.
  9. I am all for Non-members getting peeks, but not TNT, not /map hide or anything like that, they are supporter perks and will stay that way.
    colesta1200 likes this.
  10. I don't get why non-sups get /map hide. It is basically like if you don't want to get greifed give us money.
    ScarTheNinja and Monster_ like this.
  11. There are many other ways to protect against griefers other than /map hide.
    Not having it will in no way guarantee being griefed.
    Having /map hide does not make you grief proof, not in the slightest.

But please, if you must talk about it, keep it to another thread.
    Jake_bagby likes this.
  12. I'm not moving threads as my statement pertains to the topic being discussed. I can camouflage my base as best as I can, but if someone is smart enough they can see I spend most of my time in one spot for a week or so and go and greif. Supporters on the other hand don't have that problem. You have to be either physically followed to your base, have it be stumbled upon or tell someone the coords to possibly have it greifed.
    Monster_ likes this.
  13. veterans do deserve something, but not taking away things that people do or have paid for in the past (credits notwithstanding)
    the map hide feature has been discussed and aikar proposed a very advantageous system to be implemented in the future i forget the thread.
    tnt is a diamond perk (one of the only ones we have for spending an additional 10 bucks from gold) so giving it out is not cost effective in the long run. im sure if yall could come up with some kind of veteran perk that did not already exist no supporters would argue against it.

ex: perhaps some kind of intermediary report system available to vets when they can speak directly to any mod online on any server. sort of like an ancillary mod chat system that well known vets would be allowed in.
    or even limited access to utopian wild
    theres all kinds of things i can think of that wouldnt tick off supporters that vets could be given but they hardly get suggested. the short and skinny of it is generally these threads are "i wanna do what supporters can but i dont wanna/cant shell out for it"
  14. I have spent my fair share of time as Gold then Diamond and I don't think major things should be given out like access to Utopia, but like map hide, is a great tool to keep your private wild ventures... private. We only have it because we have a 3rd party external program not found in every server. I don't think it's fair to pay to turn something off that isn't normally in the game.
  15. like i said aikar addressed the map system in another thread. the dynamics of it will be changed supposedly but i dont think its of the highest priority atm with him working HAM on wasteland, tombs, bukkit issues, and upgrading to normal mode
  16. here is the thread: empireminecraft.com/threads/suggestion-new-maphide-feature.22685/
  17. You are talking about griefing, we are not talking about griefing nor did the thread start on such a topic.
    Jake_bagby likes this.
  18. I see so many exaggerations on this thread!
    First off, from now on, read ALL the posts before you post anything!
    Second off, people are acting like griefers can just get on and use TNT when this is not the case:
    A: They have to be on for at least a year (I think it should be somewhere of 450+)
    B: They have to be active, as in two times a week
    C: They have to be proven trustworthy by mods!
    Third, TNT is supposed to be available in game, but was restricted for members of EMC.
    Fourth: You all act like it's going to take away supporters because a lot of EMC members fit the criteria, but almost all members on for 450+ years are no longer active! Even if they still are, they will probably stop soon.
    Fifth: Leave the live map one alone, as Aikar already says he's modifying it.
    Monster_ likes this.
  19. Don't those statements contradict each other?
    ScarTheNinja likes this.
  20. Oops...:p