Ideas for veteran players of EMC 1/18/13

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by iamfuturetrunks, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Oooh, that could be a good compromise.
    Good idea :)
  2. Where i live, 12 year olds CAN get jobs, but parents have to agree.
  3. I know I am biased, since I am an old timer, but veterans honestly need new perks. So many veterans have left purely becuase they thought they were being neglected, and were attracted to other servers promoting rewards for playing longer. I don't want something big, like TNT, 0r other stuff that makes supporters downgraded. I would suggest a UNIQUE perk, but very small. Something supporters would still have to stay to get. Though, I am not sure what that would be. Perhaps a new color, and perhaps a slight discount on eggifing on locking chests?
  4. Now I like these ideas! Something that's quite helpful, but doesn't take away from supporting is what I think should happen.
    penfoldex, sneeker134 and AlexChance like this.
  5. Now I feel warm and fuzzy inside. Though, maybe over time, the discount would very slightly decrease?
  6. Well that's why I put been on long/active enough. They could go with just long term active placers. As in they didn't just log in a long time ago then never come on till a year later. The term active meant like being on like once a week or on a lot of the time. Because I (unlike what some of you think) have thought long and hard about this to try and make sure to cover all the bases.

Also for the use of TNT on a res to a non supporter or same thing but only a diamond member could place the TNT still isn't all that useful. With the dragon egg feature (of being a super powerful shovel) means TNT would be a waste of a resource if used that way.

And for me I have places very far out into wild and such where I have the need of TNT. 1. I don't want to ask a diamond supporter for help (cause some haven't been around that long because you can get diamond supporter day one if you desire. And because its been proven before that diamond supporters can grief and such as well, and do it easier I might add cause they can hide from live map, same for any supporter). 2. I don't want to trust a base of mine to someone I don't know. And 3. I don't want to have to wait and show them all the routes to get to the base very far away. Cause in some cases they are routes that take a very long time.

Its already been proven to me many times just in everyday life that if you trust one person you don't know that well some information about something even if they don't mean to can unintentionally tell others. And some people enjoy telling secrets and such to others.

It is nice some people have finally started commenting on the new stuff though.
  7. First of all most Griefers will not wait a year to have a chance of griefing. I say chance as if veterans do get to use TNT it might be usable in the wild. If it is it will probably be done with the dragon egg update for protected land. Plus if I where going to build anything really cool i would do it on my res unless I planned on starting a wild community(chances are I won't). The thing is that TNT would probably only work in claimed wild areas or you res. The fact is that if you payed someone to do a job and you found the place blown up and you see only one other person has perms then you can just ban the other person with perms. The way EMC's system is setup makes it almost impossible to do a mass griefing that would effect the community to the point of causing tons of members to leave.
  8. What iv seen in many cases is most people in general are not patient enough to wait just to do that. But just incase the other rule of being active for a certain amount of time also could be applied. So far not much talk about the other ideas for the TNT usage that I added in the second post.
  9. If your worried about the wild being a "hell hole" you could allow the TNT permit to only be used 10k+ blocks out from spawn.

Personally, I'd like a one time payment to use TNT and/or map hide or maybe a smaller subscription with just those two. Plus, it's called a donation but how many people actually donate out of the kindness of their heart and instead for the benefits? Sounds like false advertising to me.
  10. Yeah that's basically what I mentioned in one of my previous posts. They feel they are entitled to something for donating when most people don't get much other then a "thank you" for donating to something. Its nice they donate to help the servers but a lot of them are only doing it so they can get a few "perks."

Even a one time payment for TNT doesn't really work since TNT is apart of minecraft. Its not like something EMC made up and then only allowed donators to use. The map hide thing is however, if you don't or can't pay for even iron membership you are at the mercy of griefers because they can always see where you are and go out and grief you. And unfortunately most of them get away with it because unless you have a screenshot or they used TNT/lava there is no way to track it, it seems.

I have been out really far before and gotten a PM from a diamond or gold member in the past who had an outpost near mine really far out and trying to talk to me being like "yeah my base is just (North, East, ect) from yours." :S its like um... okay... but I never knew that cause I never see you and essentially you shouldn't be able to see me at my base cause its SUPPOSE to be private/hidden and me being visible on live map kinda defeats the purpose of a hidden base. And ontop of that he could have never talked to me and just went over to my base at any time and stole stuff and would have easily gotten away with it.
  11. In all honesty, the exact opposite is true - just PM a mod if you get TNT/lava/fire grief. :)
  12. Like I just said UNLESS you have a screenshot OR they used TNT/lava there is no way to track it. Which means if they used those things its already been proven mods can track that. If they just steal an item or use a really good pick to destroy stuff they get away with it most of the time.
    smile3 and crossbones like this.
  13. Still hardly anyone has said much about the two other ideas for TNT use. :S
  14. I read it.
    There you go lol
  15. Yeah well I meant as in what people thought of them. I already have heard from a few members about the first idea of TNT use but nothing about the other two ideas.
  16. There seems to a lot less bumps.
  17. Magic?
  18. Or a Mod removed them? Which is what I'm thinking.
  19. Someone doesn't believe in magic. :O

Or could it be its just SCIENCE!! :O