Ideas for veteran players of EMC 1/18/13

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by iamfuturetrunks, Jan 18, 2013.

1. I would like to see some perks.... just because.... well they are perks! i will never pay monthly for a game... and i would not recommend or even care... if i get to use TNT. If TNT becomes more widespread... ill just kill creepers and fill my gunpowder shop and bump up the price because im money hungry. Also.. an increase in rupees is not necessary... its so easy to make money on EMC servers that it wouldnt really make a difference... maybe just an increase in generic prices to match the rise in rupee allowance. What i do want WHAT I CRAVE!!!!! is being hidden on the map....

A Hidden Kanos IS A happy Kanos!

Kanos!
    FireHose_Dragon likes this.
  2. what about people that just can't afford to be a Diamond supporter? I would love to have some of those perks but just can't buy it. I even can't afford Iron supporter.
  3. But that's different.
    It's like saying;
    "Oh please give me this expensive car as I can't afford it"
    JackBiggin likes this.
  4. If you cant afford it and really want it... Save up for it... or depending on how old u r... get a job! if u already have a job, cut down on something else to make sure you have enough money to pay for it. Simples!
  5. Even those things, still can't afford some $$ per mouth. only my dad works and we only have one van (that's messing up) my mom can't work ether because of her heath and also because of taxes, bills etc we can perly get by. I'm NOT trying to bribe though just saying people like me just can't afford it.
  6. I am going to say no to this. I am sorry, but diamond perks are diamond perks. As multiple people have said, people who pay to play should get these bonuses, not the people who play free. I somewhat agree with what some people have said about a little bit bigger daily bonus, but still, supporters should get an advantage over free players.
  7. That's true plus Diamond Already has tons of perks. I would like to use TNT. I really don't agree about the hiding live map but the TNT is a good idea. Plus I have heard some people (including a Diamond Supporter) say that it really isn't a useful perk. Plus Diamond just got the ability to fly in Utopia Town. Plus it isn't like TNT is the main thing that attracts Diamond Supporters. There are things like the rupee bonus, 4 residences, and flying in town Utopia town thing. Also I hope your family does better Firehose. A lot of people aren't as fortunate as others. My life is pretty good as I get a good allowance and my Dad has a great job that pays enough so my mom doesn't have to work. I really hope that your family can figure out a way to make more money or to not be in such a cramped position financially.
    FireHose_Dragon likes this.
  8. Well truth be told the TNT thing is a good idea. I mean in this economy 20$ is a lot to pay for some. I have said this before and I'll say it again. People a lot of times get to the point where its either keep being a supporter or not being able to buy food or pay bills. Plus Diamond like I have said before Diamond has tons of perks.
  9. Also before anyone references the Upgrade page you should know its outdated as other things have come along since.
  10. It covers enough.
    Of course things have been added, but nothing is on there that has been removed at all
  11. Still I think a couple significant features aren't them.
  12. There is one problem, some people that play for a long time still aren't trustworthy (I will go no further). Some people might use TNT for terrible actions.

And I know people have financial problems, but they need to think ahead. I understand though.
  13. I'd recommend putting that in a PM to ICC and he could put it to Justin about adding it.
  14. Elaborate on the plan ahead thing. I also think we can just have things in place like adding some sort of background check and the ability retract TNT privileges.
  15. AGREE!!! AGREE!!! AGREE!!! AGREE!!! AGREE!!! AGREE!!! AGREE!!! AGREE!!! AGREE!!! AGREE!!! AGREE!!! AGREE!!!
    YES YES YES
    LOL
  16. Well something that keeps popping up that makes me laugh is the fact a lot of people who are supporters seem to forget the definition of "donation" or "donating"

do·na·tion
    n.
    1. The act of giving to a fund or cause.
    2. A gift or grant.
    A lot of you are acting, or thinking that you are entitled to stuff because you donate. When in actuality the fact of the matter is, is that you should be donating cause you like the server and want to support it.

I brought this up before but some people don't seem to listen. I have seen some servers and people get donations of upwards of $500 US dollars with the only thing they got for it was their name put on a list or wall.
    I understand a lot of players tend to upgrade to iron to diamond in order to get some of these perks but really EMC doesn't need to give you anything at all for your donations. They however are nice enough to give you stuff for giving them money to help keep this place running or add new things. Just like when PBS does a pledge drive asking for donations to help support shows on their network. They don't need to give you a tote bag (or whatever they give) for your donations but well they do it anyways to thank "viewers like you." Unfortunately the sad fact is that if some places didn't give items for donating like EMC they probably would get very few donations that often.
    Another thing that people seem to be misinterpreting is that this thread was mainly created for the fact of TNT usage as well as hiding from live map. Some diamond supporters see getting to use TNT as a perk but well when it comes right down to it they are basically taking away something in the game (because it can be used for griefing by rude people) and saying "hey pay this each month and you can use it" Just like if youtube all of a sudden was like "hey pay us 20 dollars a month in order to watch any videos on our website."
    Things like getting extra money for being on long is okay but for most players who have been active for a long time tend to know the ins and outs of how to get rupees or have enough to where getting more free ones aren't as useful.
    The live map hiding feature was also brought up because I have heard threads and stories brought up by players who tend to live like nomads in the wild very far away and enjoy having a little base/village either alone or with friends and prefer not being seen unless someone physically (in game I mean) walks out there and discovers the place. If it was like that, most griefing incidences wouldn't take place. I dislike going out into wild because I either have to travel for hours in order to be temp. safe to make a base or stuff or just not go at all. When griefers and such have made their way out to a friends or my base where only me and them know about it, it is kinda hard not to blame live map when they can see me way out there. I tend to spend most of my time bored in town at my res cause I don't want to go out to the wild find someplace great make a base and then have a griefer come by and destroy parts eventually. Cause most bases that iv worked hard on in the wild's have been griefed here or there because griefers see a player or players at a location often and go and investigate. And unfortunatly usually nothing can be done about it. Especially if you lose a spawner or two the mods/admins wont and can't replace it.

I rarely hear stories about supporters who are hidden from live map the entire time having troubles from griefers unless they are dumb enough to build really close to spawn and expect not to have people stumble upon their base.
    In some cases I am pretty sure some players, like the wild nomads, would prefer there was no live map because it causes more trouble then it helps. It is nice to be able to see near you out there like "hey a snow biome is just south of me" or something but being able to be seen by anyone whenever your out there causes trouble. Oh and I remember a bit more about either Aikra or one of the other mods mentioning an update to live map making it so after you travel out like 2,000 blocks or something only people you select could see you on live map or something. Maybe it was to much work or still being worked on but that kinda fits in with this. I haven't heard any news about that for a long while though. And I know Aikra is already busy enough with the DT's and other stuff impatient players whine about. :p
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  17. This kinda goes in hand with what I talked about in the first post and also hand in hand with one of the two extra ideas I plan to unveil later maybe within this thread.
  18. People who have been active for over 365 days should get access to TNT or maybe even just an increased daily income. Lets say a gold is on for over a year. BOOM they also get TNT and a raised income. Diamond is on for over a year? BOOM raised income. Boom.
  19. Sorry for the wall of text. It seems when you type out to much it likes to get rid of spaces between your paragraphs. :S