Ideas for veteran players of EMC 1/18/13

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by iamfuturetrunks, Jan 18, 2013.

1. I say yes to TNT for veteran players but... they can only use it in their residence and the land they claim with the dragon egg update. They can not use it anywhere where else in the wild so then it will not mess it up.

And also for live map.. I would like that for them but that would mean you would have to give more perks to Iron supporters which would lead to more perks for gold... and so on.. So maybe not or yes :D

And like how you guys were saying, more perks for supporters that does not give limitations to minecraft itself such as a block. I don't know what it could be, but I'm sure someone can make up something :p
  2. Well for residencies iv seen some players go diamond just so they can get rid of a huge area of dirt quickly in order to build something big or some big terriforming. When I was digging out my res to make room for certain farms as well as my game on my res I went through lots of stone, iron, and diamond shovels as well as some of them being enchanted which back then took getting to level 50 to get a chance at good enchants.

It would have been nice to get to use TNT but well usually its things like terriforming or such in the wild where I would have more use for it. At this point lighting off TNT in my res would just cause trouble for me.

And that other part kinda goes along with one of my ideas I might talk about but it isn't that exactly.
  3. So would you be okay if veterans were limited to use TNT in the wild only in the land they claimed with the dragon egg update?
  4. We actually have plans for the dragon egg that aren't exactly TNT, but will give similar effects, in a way. We'll announce more when we get closer.
    EdmundWayne, moyaboya and heyaroo like this.
  5. I think butter donators are the best :)
  6. Then I change my answer for TNT for veterans :p if there are plans for the dragon egg to have similar effects of TNT then I don't see the use of having TNT for veteran players. Residences can just be dug and the wild can be claimed to use those effects.

Plus some people buy shovels to dig their residences so that's good for the economy.. I think lol
    Edit:
    and this was mostly a silly side thought....I know that some people don't buy shovels

Yes :D
  7. Ya but some people will probably use TNT anyway for there land. Also some people don't buy shovels because they have the resources to make tons and also TNT is more expensive so it would also influence the economy more than shovels.
  8. Like I said.. one of two of my ideas is similar to that but it isn't that exactly.

And im quite sure what cow is mentioning is the fact you can use the egg as a shovel to dig out large portions of dirt in and area. Which has been announced already a few times. This is nice but well the reason I want to be able to use TNT is cause I would use it on stuff other then dirt. Such as stone, netherrack, ect. If the dragon egg can only dig up lots of dirt and doesn't work on stone and such then its not as effective as TNT.

I also don't buy shovels to dig out my res. Back then I went out got my own cobble, iron, diamond from the wild to make my shovels and used grinders in the wild to enchant some of them to dig out my res. So it had no effect on the economy. I didn't have a lot of money to waste over paying for tools at shops.
  9. 100% agreed about the TNT. However, it should be very well earned-like you have to be a member for a year to get the TNT perk. OR, you could get TNT usage for 1 day every time you vote 10 days in a row.
  10. I like this, haha.

I think that's already been sort of announced, not officially.
  11. Eye-Car and his habit of ruining secrets
  12. We can't use that name anymore :(
  13. Oh yeah, because it's a player. -.-)
    penfoldex likes this.
  14. Second post edited in order to give the two extra ideas for TNT usage. So go read it and tell me what you think. (as well as a bumpidy do da for the post).
  15. I say 1 year veterans should get their own chat channel.
  16. I think I'll go reread the new stuff you added and see what I think before posting.
  17. I don't think it's a good idea. What if a griefer jotted EMC on the bottom of his list to wait out for the perk?
  18. I have been with EMC for just over a year and I am happy the way it is if I need the use of TNT then ill just ask my mates who are diamond to do it for me... Loads of poeple are happy to do it.
  19. That only works in the wild though haha
  20. The one, and only time I'd be happy with any sort of TNT privileges being given to long-term members is after a long period of time (say a year), they get the ability to set the TNT flag to true. That way, their res can be blown up for them, but they'd still need a diamond supporter to place the TNT for them.
    RainbowChin likes this.