Ideas for veteran players of EMC 1/18/13

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by iamfuturetrunks, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Lots of people on.... and still no one has said anything about my other two ideas in the second post. :S Bump
  2. I'm getting to this thread late, but all the diamond supporter butthurt over tnt use (on page 1, I didn't even read past this page yet) for non-diamonds makes me sad.

How many of you are actually paying 20$ a month just to use TNT? How many additional perks have you been granted since there were more than 3 servers?

Would it really be so terrible a thing to start giving people who've devoted a significant amount of time to the servers access to what are 'vanilla' features of the game?
    EpicWeow4 and creepincreepers7 like this.
  3. I haven't read all of the comments on this and nor do i intend to; however, something to note about the TNT perk. One reason it is a perk is so that not everyone uses is and in turn, lags the servers. If more people could use it, there would be more lag. That is certainly something that no one wants.

Do I like the two ideas? I sure do

Would I vote for the first one? I sure wouldn't

Would I vote for the second one? yes (but perks are perks for a reason so this wont be considered by the staff IMO*)
  4. i think if they rere worried about server lag they'd be more likely to take water buckets away instead of TNT, since flowing water is more likely to be seen on all res's then everyone setting TNT off at the same time. I believe it is mopre the destruction issue ( of course server lag might have a role to play)
  5. Well first off a lot of diamond supporters don't even use the TNT perk or if they do very little like maybe once or twice. The fun factor of TNT does wear off after a while. Once you have blow up a bit of land or made a TNT cannon after a while you tend to get bored of it. As well as the fact tnt can be quite expensive to buy or to make that kinda helps deter it. But like iv mentioned a few times in this thread already is that some of us have need of it to clear some areas or terriforming.

Yes you can use a pick/shovel/axe to do the same thing however it takes a lot longer and uses up more resources in some cases. In order to get the most out of your tools you need to enchant them which takes time either doing it the old fashion way of collected xp from killing a few mobs here and there, breeding, smelting. And even the faster way of standing at an xp grinder and getting it still takes time and sometimes doesn't yield the results you want. Even if you use books you can usually get armor enchants more then tool enchants and requires a cow farm to get enough leather to make enough books. On top of that even with unbreaking 3 they still don't last to long unless you repair them which means more xp and more materials.

There are also 2 other ideas I came up with that helped limit TNT use even more so but so far most people aren't paying attention to the second post that I edited a few days after this topic was made.

The other idea is just something that is unfair. Yeah its called a perk however it has caused a lot of problems in the past not just for me but for other players cause I know the griefers who have destroyed/stolen items from bases of mine wouldn't have easily found them unless using mods or live map to cheat and find where I am then travel out there and do it when im not there. I have even had a few experiences where a player used live map to come and harass me. So not being able to hide is kinda more of a punishment to regular players then it is helpful. And most of the time the new players that join and head straight for the wild tend to then come on the forums or PM people in game asking for help getting back. Because they obviously went through the tutorial guessing until they got it right (I have seen it with my own eyes) and didn't even bother to read the empire guide or look at the live map until someone points it out to them once they are lost 100 blocks from spawn.
  6. I still think this is a good idea so... IM BUMPING IT! muhahahahaaha it is my thread after all :p
  7. Maybe if you paid for diamond once you could keep TNT forever...
  8. However, this is also for people who don't have access to credit cards or paypal (such as younger people who's parents don't want to give out their account info to sites they don't know about ect) or don't have the money.
  9. You're evil.
  10. Here's my opinion: If a griefer just went inactive for a year, then they would be considered a "veteran" player. They would then have access to TNT and would skip happily into the golden fields, blowing up everything. I like the second idea better than the first, but then there would be the same problem. Also, some players (including me!) have not been on here super-long but are fairly well-known, and can be considered "veterans".
    Do I like the ideas? Yes
    Would I really want the second one? No.
    Would I really want the first one? Maybe.
  11. Muhahahahahaahaha!

Well if you read on this was brought up at least once before which is why I stated veterain players not old players. Veteran players are players who have been playing on the server for a long time and are still active (as in not being gone for months at a time).

And its not about being well known. It's about the fact you have been here a long time and have shown you don't go around griefing ect.
  12. EMC Rewards are planned and coming in the future, with (mostly) different and non-supporter perks. :)
  13. I think we veterans should have TNT perms but maybe make it 400 days. And if Diamond complains about supporterless people using TNT while sitting in their endertopia then so be it.
    oidgod likes this.
  14. So be it?
    Aha, we donated for that perk, no way you get it for free.
  15. This pretty much sums up my thoughts about people getting supporter perks for free.
    cddm95ace and RainbowChin like this.
  16. ...
    I believe a certain song that some people know of would be appropriate for the meaning of this thread...
  17. I just see it unfair how you guys get a Utopia, Endertopia, tons of rupees, 4 residences and a cool name color. But you cant give up a single block of TnT.
  18. For the younger people, as we approach summer you have alot of time on your hands. You could et a summer job mowing lawns, watering gardens, delivering newspapers etc etc. That should get enough to pay for at least a year of diamond supporter.
    Dwight5273 likes this.
  19. And what about the younger people where you can not be hired?
  20. If you are less than 12-13 years old, it's probably best not to play with TNT. :cool:
    brickstrike and Adderwolf71 like this.