[Community Discussion] Voting Perks

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 21, 2012.

1. I wish I had ideas right now to help out, but I don't.

(I might edit this with ideas later.)

So instead, I will go vote for EMC on all of those sites right now.
    I'll await the new perks to be in effect. :D

(Also, here's some off topic information; this is the debut of my new forum text color. ^-^)
  2. At this time, we're looking at only iron, for this reason. We'd likely have to actually put into place/enforce our supporter derelict options before doing this with Gold/Diamond, and that's going to require a programming update as well, so there will for sure be no G/D at the start of this.

As far as I know, you will NEED to have a physical egg to place down to make the protection with Aikar's current plan, although he may be able to ADD the ability to use credits OR an egg. I'll let him respond.

We'll have a spot on the site for you to check (and possibly spend) the credits, and may have a command such as /credits (like we have /rupees)

Yeah, there really is no SET standard yet for server lists, which sucks, since they all have positives and negatives (none the same). I'm really liking how the minecraft-mp.com is shaping up. We're in contact with their owner and suggesting ideas and testing things for them. They're the first one I know of to allow you to list ALL your servers and place them under one main server page (group).

I just suggested today that they add a feature to let you vote for a "group" per day and a vote gets applied to all servers within that group. We'll see if they do it. :)
    mba2012 and battmeghs like this.
  3. I like all of it as long as the in-game badge isn't too colorful or "in your face" that it hurts my eyes :p
  4. Thanks IcC!!
    battmeghs likes this.
  5. then i have no issues with this, it all seems awesome. ^.^

but i'm still wondering about what types of badges are able to be put in. or colors, or something. lol
  6. Trust us, we hate things like that as well, so we'll make sure it's okay for the majority. :)
    mba2012, battmeghs and nab27 like this.
  7. A star, a crown, heart, or other symbol next to my name showing I've voted sounds good. Maybe multiple stars if I've voted a large number of times or many times consecutively.

The idea of Empire credits sounds good, but I think you should only be able to trade them for something you can't get with Rupees, like buffs. Supporter samples is all good if you are a regular member, but won't impress a supporter. The same would go for allowing a Diamond perk like TNT to an Iron supporter.

What about a Real Life perk? If it had a design I liked, I would put some voting effort into earning an official EMC T-Shirt.
  8. I love this idea and all - but if you implement this - Aikar will need to develop a method for non-supports automatically being unhid from the Live Map - because right now they stay hidden until a Staff member unhides them...
    bonesabre, jkjkjk182 and JackBiggin like this.
  9. Yes, this will be fixed/updated at some point when Aikar makes another update to the live map itself, making it safer for those that don't have the /map hide feature, thought not invisible like the perk gives.
    mba2012 and chickeneer like this.
  10. I Like That Idea :)
    battmeghs likes this.
  11. I was looking at TagAPI the other day, its a good idea..

Wild is already going to be done with Dragon credits.

That's one bit of a detail about this. Theres actually going to be 2 credits, Empire for Voting, Dragon for Dragon stuff!

The Wild will consume Dragon credits, but well post more details on that later, as alot of this is recent development.
  12. Why not just change the daily sign in bonus to a daily vote bonus? Not too hard of a change, and I would definetlily vote more..
    nfell2009 likes this.
  13. I don't agree with this :p

Even though there will be more perks associated with Voting - we want it still to be optional. I think it is ridiculous that on some servers - you can only be successful if you vote. On EMC, maybe it can just be easier to be successful if you vote. Something like that anyways. -my opinion-
    5weety likes this.
  14. Sweet!
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  15. Maybe this was already answered ... Maybe for the [Voted] Next to your name ... it will have no colour if you voted ... and as you continue to vote more and more over time it will change colour turning from (for example:white and start turning towards silver, then silver to tint to gold colours, then gold turn towards the green and blue spectrum to diamond and diamond turn into bright green maybe) like show your rank of Vote by colours perhaps ... everything else i was going to ask has been answered - but overall i like it :D
    5chris100 and 5weety like this.
  16. i would vote everyday but i always forget to until i see the link, you should make a big link or put a link in the page bar, that would encourage me to vote a lot more :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  17. As far as the rupees for voting goes i think the increments should be small. Bragging rights will come from folks that are earning an extra 500 rupees a day due to consecutive voting.

I'd rather not have VOTED next to my name. Other than that I have no opinion on this.

My thoughts on a use for credits is... I could pay 15 credits to lower the price of items in the Empire shop to a more reasonable price. That could remove rupees and credits from the system in one stop. A stack of cobble stone sells in the shop for 288r. If I pay 15 credits that would lower the price to 100r, 20 credits would lower it to 50r. Thats my two cents. :)
    5chris100, mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  18. the [voted] and ::: name ::: was just examples

stuff like *Aikar
    are other examples.
  19. 100-150 rupees would be nice for one day, I think. It would certainly help us people with 10k or above etc.
    How about we get a badge that says
    [Voted] SoulPunisher
    Or
    *SoulPunisher
    and we get the ability to hide from the live map for a few hours after voting?
    5chris100 and mba2012 like this.
  20. This sounds like a job for asterisks. Maybe of varying colors depending on how many days in a row someone voted.

Say I voted a week in a row, my name in the chat would look like so:
    *jaqiefox*
    the colors of the asterisks could change depending on how many times in a row without breaks someone voted.

Maybe to keep with current theme, step 1 (maybe like 3 days in a row) could be iron colored, step 2 could be gold colored, step 3 could be diamond colored.

Another option is to give people the choice of what color their symbols will be once they reach the top tier of continual voting. I personally LOVE this idea, and would vote just to get and keep purple stars beside my gold name in chat. This option could use different symbols for different stages, and give the color option to the player. Say stage one is - stage 2 is = stage 3 is # and stage 4 is * on either side of the player's name.

You could also start getting fancy with upper ascii characters if they exist in minecraft, I have not checked to see if this is true or not.
    vividOptimism and jkjkjk182 like this.