[Community Discussion] Voting Perks

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Where is the vote thingy?
    I think I have voted twice on here in the past and both times i was confuzzeled as to what I was voting for!!!
    I had no idea what it was for or why it was there could be a reason why ppl have not been voting!!!
  2. Right now it's right here: http://empireminecraft.com/rupees/. Though we will be more up front from now on after we update this.

For now, the best reference is my original post until we get it configured though. I'll give a daily "reminder post" in this thread until we get it setup. :)
  3. Did you happen to get the idea of credits from Qwertyzzz18?
  4. This will be good :3
  5. Not sure if someone has suggested this but, maybe you could turn in multiple Empire Credits for a dragon egg :)...
    As far as the rupees per day maybe this:
    Day 1:50r
    Day 2:75r
    Day 3: 125r
    Day 4: 200r
    Day 5:300r
    Then repeat? Of course thats 2k+ a week if you do every site, maybe that's a bit much
  6. I understand the need to get the many players of this server to vote for it and keep it in the ranks. I also have truly appreciated the current approach to voting (or not voting), since the current style of server lets me play this game simply to have some fun and interact with other people, AND have the option to make some in-game currency. I've left sites before because of the nagging, eco-centric atmospheres mentioned in this post, and playing on those servers just left me feeling cheated and stressed out, and "playing" the game was more like running and errand, or going to work, because I did it without the entertainment I got out of simply playing by myself, or not even playing at all. I at least hope that this addition remains simply an addition to this already very peaceful and approachable server.
    chickeneer likes this.
  7. I like the idea forthe credits (espiacally since I can't dontate at the moment). This is a good way to have a tast of Iron/Gold/Dimaond Supporter. If and When you do this, you should make it something like this:

1 credits~30 ruppees
    20 credits~1 Diamond
    30 credits~Iron supporter for 24hrs
    60 credits~Iron for 48hrs, Gold for 24hrs
    75 credits~Ender egg
    90 credits~Iron for 3 days, Gold for 48hrs, diamonds for 24hrs

You get the idea. But something like that would be great.

As for the ruppees for voteing. Something like this:

1 day~50r
    2 day~75r
    3 day~100r
    4 day~150r
    5 day~200r
    6 day~250r
    7 day~350r

After 7 days, it goes up by 100 untill you don't vote for the day.
  8. I think that the the possibility to "Sample" supporting should really just be limited to Iron because other than Utopia (which wouldn't be to bad) - Gold and Diamond are centralized around the additional residences (which of course would not be available to you - since you are only sampling them.

My suggestion is. There is a completely new rank in the code. It can look like Iron in Chat but not necessarily include everything involved in being a supporter (little things like the Bed Respawn). This Trial Supportership would be limited to Supporter Chat, Supporter Forums, Hiding on Map, Reserved Slot on Server, perhaps a bumped up Daily Bonus like to 200 (rather than the regular 100)... Maybe something else I have forgotten.

Depending on how this first Trial Supportership goes - This may leave out Supporters :p So for Supporters, they could buy a perk (with these credits). It would of course be a limited amount of effect time - but the same Price/Value of the non-supporter Perk. I can't think of anything in particular for this - but maybe someone will fill in that gap.

Thoughts?
    JackBiggin likes this.
  9. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    The thing that made empire soo good was that you didnt have this. look at a server like uberminecraft. they are horrible and they are almost #1 on the list because of voting perks. the voting perks make the game pointless. If you dont vote you are at a disadvantage. If u do vote the server becomes pointless
  10. Fantastic feedback... They are doing this because the players requested something a bit better than before. There are a lot more rupees in the system than there were before, so it is needed that the amount goes up. Its not like they are giving us 524646465416546549645564654644264213716205465 diamond blocks...
  11. I understand where you are coming from - but, I think, that the staff is going to come up with a plan that doesn't push voting on members so they could play without HAVING to vote.
    IcecreamCow likes this.
  12. This reminds me... I need to renew my Iron Supporter tomorrow - I had to change payment methods - kind of want to see my name in white though :p

Edit: I think I put this in the wrong thread. lol - to late now Not really
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  13. For everyone who is all worried that this will be mandatory, I don't think they are intending it to be. They want people to vote to raise awareness that EMC is out there. I think when I first started playing we were higher in rank and now we've dropped a ton. People either don't vote because:

1. Sometimes its a case of "Oh hey I shall read The Guide just this one time so I can get out of the tutorial!" and they don't really care to read it again. It states " More free rupees in the
    rupees section of the site."

2. Because EMC doesn't want to be like other sites they don't spam "OH MY GAWD YA'LL GO TO THIS PAGE AND VOTE TO GET YOU SOME FREE RUPEES!" all over the site. You have members who only log onto the forums just to set their account up and that's it. They spend all their time in game so they don't know you're able to vote until someone mentions it in town chat. (I've ran into this several times.)

3. Some people just don't care for rupees or they're greedy or can't spend wisely and blast through all their rupees and if they can't make a quick 1K they just don't bother.
    I think adding in a different award to accommodate those who don't really worry about money is a really nice idea.
    jkjkjk182 and JackBiggin like this.
  14. I have an idea for the empire credits. This might be drawn out but bear with me.

An emergency teleport. It's something intangible that you can't buy anywhere. And I don't mean like an actual item. I mean like a command, e.g. /ee (for Emergency Exit, or the sound one might make when falling into the void "eeeeeeee"). So if you somehow fall into the void, and can type fast enough, you can save your self. Have it bring you back to the wild spawn, or your bed spawn if you set one.

With these types of restrictions to keep abuse low.
    1. Must pre-purchase 1 use while in town
    2. Does not stack, so can only buy one use at a time
    3. Make it expensive, like 50 credits, 100 credits, etc.

The main idea here being that, for example, you just had a great day of mining and are heading home loaded down with ores and diamonds, etc. and suddenly you're shooting straight down into the black.

Though I know the addition of the enderchest makes this rather moot. But say you already filled your enderchest and still have a full inventory of valuables. This could also be potentially useful when you're drowning in the ocean. Or you fall into lava without the proper armor or potions. Or you accidentally walk off your sky fortress at y 250.
  15. How about each vote is 5 Empire Credits. 1,000 credits gets you 1 extra res. You can get up to 4 :D
  16. * DAILY REMEMBER TO VOTE USING THE LINKS IN THE MAIN POST BUMP * :)
  17. I wonder how many credits it would cost to persuade ICC to do this...
  18. Please snip your quoted posts next time ;)
  19. I reserve my singing for Xbox Live parties with very personal friends. :)
  20. One of them may be me :p

Also we need to get together sometime, so that I can record it and share it with the world!