[Community Discussion] Voting Perks

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by IcecreamCow, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Hey everyone! There are a lot of people that play the game who don't look at the forums. Don't Spam, but you can use this link to reference them here ;) bit.ly/VoteEMC
  2. I like the example added of the rupees reward and I agree with that..
    and I also agree with the EMC Credit buffs.. But how about... instead of the 24 hour donator bonus you'd get like 1 month 30 days of diamond.. free... Of course you'd need to collect like 300 votes for that

EDIT: AND you'd need to vote once you recieve the donator status with the EMC credits, if you don't vote during that time you'll lose it.
    5chris100 likes this.
  3. Can't Wait to preview Diamond Supporter Ship to see how it's like
    :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    mba2012 and PenguinDJ like this.
  4. Let's say you are the person who forgets to vote every time? Well I have a solution for you! All you need is Google Chrome and internet access!

Here is how:
    First go to the "Customize and Control Chrome" button in chrome!

Go down to settings and click on it
    Once you are in settings click the settings sub tab if you are not already in it
    settingssubtab.png

Once you are there go to the "On Startup" section
    Select the "Open a specific page or set of pages"
    onsartup.png

Then click "Set pages"
    setpages.png

Once you have done that enter the voting websites. Then BOOM! Every time you open up chrome there are your voting websites!
    sartuppages.png

Hope this helped you guys!
  5. Great tip!
    mba2012, PenguinDJ and Jeanzl2000 like this.
  6. Thanks! That is what I have been doing so I thought I would share it!
    mba2012 and Jeanzl2000 like this.
  7. Do itttt! Its High approved.
    mba2012 likes this.
  8. I really really like all the ideas,with consecutive voting etc, but most sites let you vote once every 24 HOURS. What i like to do is, vote when i wake up. But every now an then, your computer starts up slow and you are a minute later. This repeats and repeats, until you cant vote one day. So then your consecutive voting is ruined :(. It would be better if everyone can vote after a certain time (like 00:00 EST).
  9. Awesome, but on some sites I couldn't find the vote button...
  10. Actually most of these sites reset who can vote at like midnight. So the 24 hours has nothing to do when you actually vote. For example:

I go to a server voting site... Vote for EMC 5 minutes before midnight; the date turns over; and I can vote again (all in a 10 minute span)
    mba2012 likes this.
  11. Sorry if this is a double post...
    They are hidden. On the one that lists all of the servers: click on the server - and then there is a place to vote.

Either than that - look for a sidebar - near the top (it is not very prominent on some)
  12. Alright, let me try!
  13. It wasnt like this when i used to vote every day. Its nice that is has been changed :)
  14. As a voting feature what about for every 30 consecutive votes you get a 7 day iron supporter?
    pietdagamer and marknaaijer like this.
  15. (
    Credits to buy a chance to fight the end dragon.

Credits to pay for a portal to the nether on your residence.
    5chris100 and mba2012 like this.
  16. They are already doing this with dragon eggs.
  17. I'd have to check to be specific (Aikar would I mean, lol) but I don't think "MOST" are very rich. Some of the more vocal/active players are for sure, but we seem to forget sometimes we have a very large community that makes up EMC, not just the handful of successful mall owners.

My thoughts are it would last 24 hours from your last "vote". There really isn't a "point" to it other than recognition, which people do enjoy, I know I do when I do something awesome for someone. It will also encourage others to vote as well so they can get a "cool" colored name above their head and/or badge thingy. :p

The economy will always adjust itself accordingly to things that are added. Many people feared villager trading would be the end all to economy in all of Minecraft and it's adjusted just fine. Everyone will have an exact equal chance to get the same things as anyone else, so there isn't an unfair balance anywhere in here. It's almost as if saying: "You shouldn't allow stone generators because it'll flood the market with stone and ruin the stone economy."

Things always work themselves out in this situation and I firmly believe that unless we become one of those servers that mass spams diamond blocks and items to every person who votes (we won't do that, ever), our economy will never "fail" or be "ruined".

I'm sure it will be less work for Justin/Aikar to just do Iron supporter. You get the perk WITH iron, so why add a separate line of ripping it apart when the one thing will already achieve that goal. We also feel that in time and our updates, we'll be at a point where an iron "reserved spot" will be worth something again. ;)

This might be a good idea, or something similar to it for sure.

This would require us to place a monetary "rupee" value to the credits, which defeats the purpose of them as we would just use rupees in that case. Think of a credit like a coupon, instead of money.

This would take some work and discussion to make sure it's done properly, but we could explore it after the system is in place for sure.

Not sure how I feel about this yet. Not good or bad...I'll have to mull it over some.

This is a good idea. If easy and possible, I like it.

Not sure of the limitations on this or how it would work. Though, the bedrock "owners" were those who primarily used them for a dragon egg display. Now that dragon eggs are getting a comeback, we will remove the bedrock as we see them in residences that may have had them (and no longer giving it out for displays at this point).

Again, all very interesting ideas.

Don't think we'd want to limit permission handling to credits or monetary value.
    5chris100 and mba2012 like this.
  18. I don't know that all of the sites follow this... I seem to remember this issue happening for me... but don't remember which one. it might be one we don't use anymore...
  19. I forget which server it was but I remember there was one that was scripted so that you couldn't even log in until you had voted for them. I never even got on BC I didn't care to be forced to do that daily, after having gone through their extensive whitelist BS.

I love that we aren't invasive or forceful, incentives without requirement are the perfect way to go!
    mba2012 likes this.
  20. I'd like to suggest these again, since I think they got over looked :p

1. Credits to give a better chance to defeat the ender dragon, or something along these lines

2. Credits to build a nether portal on your residence that actually GOES to the nether.
    5chris100 likes this.