Ideas for veteran players of EMC 1/18/13

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by iamfuturetrunks, Jan 18, 2013.

1. No offense... Your nowhere near a veteran...
  2. That is one of the reasons why I want /map hide. I believe iv mentioned reasons behind it in this thread already but a lot of people only read the first post then comment. XD But yeah I don't like going out into the wild because iv had so many bases of mine and friends of mine (who are supporters) that have gotten griefed/stolen from ect and I know it was mainly cause they saw me on live map. That's why I tend to spend most of my time in town bored. Cause if I do go out I can't make a base or anything unless I lock all my chests and not build anything fancy otherwise sooner or later some griefer/theif will come out and mess it up. Even if im at least thousands upon thousands of blocks away. And even then they will still come at times.

Thank you! :p

I know it can get kinda boring or such to read over all the posts but a lot of the stuff was already brought up here and there (pretty much my posts deal with the topics and examples of why ect)

I even modified the second post to limit TNT even more but most diamond supporters still don't like it cause they are "getting something taken away." I keep seeing diamond supporters posting this but the thing is. When I first joined I had TNT taken away from me right before I could even look at it. Its a vanilla block that isn't allowed on here unless you pay money. Iv said this before but if it was something that doesn't affect game play such as capes that mojang gives away at conventions that's one thing but a block that's in the game is something different. I get its to help deter griefing but yeah.

I could have used TNT SOOO many times in the past to help get stuff done faster. As well as to fool around (tnt cannons ect) however, you have to be quite stupid to use it to grief and then get banned from the server. A lot of the things I had planned was to help with mining, digging, ect. Having to constantly get iron (or diamond if you can afford it) and make tools then get the necessary levels and enchant it and hope to get a good enchant took a lot of time. This was before books but even so, its still a pain.

And unfortunately iv suggested ideas (some very similar ideas to the ones I posted in the first two posts to justin back when you could still message him as well as cow (back before he was known as cow)) and nothing ever happened. I was excited to see updates and such from Aikar about dragon tombs and such however they are taking a long time and if its not one (wastelands) its another (live map modifications?). I understand he has a job and so this isn't his first priority (and it shouldn't be his life comes first) but unfortunately its still taking a long time just to get even one thing out at times.

Being able to use TNT to speed up terriforming, mining, ect and being able to hide from live map would make waiting for the other updates to come much easier. Because if you build out far enough and are good at hiding where your bases are at the only people who could find it are people using mods, or like he said up there follow you, stumble upon it, or you give them cords. Instead of being stuck in town bored that there isn't anything to do.
    smile3 likes this.
  3. EMC's updates take quite a long time for a few reason.

Firstly, we get rather a lot of bug reports - many of which have to be fixed ASAP. Think of these as mini updates, because without them, EMC'd be a lot less of a fun place.

Secondly, Aikar wants to make sure all the code is of the highest quality. Sure, he could rush dragon tombs and give us a dragon shaped piece of crap that's full of bugs. But he doesn't want to do that. He wants to give us the best thing possible - because that's what EMC deserves. :)

All the updates are coming, I promise you. Just they take time, have to be tested, and other things sometimes have to take priority.
  4. Yeah I already knew that. :p Not so much about there being A LOT of bug reports because mojang tends to take care of most of the vanilla ones. So it should mostly be Aikar's coding with EMC stuff bugs.

I also understand he wants it to work nicely but im sorry to say that each time a new version of minecraft comes out it seems like he has to modify or fix something with the tomb/ect, or something. Which means it might always be like this until mojang stops making updates (which I hope wont happen for a LONG LONG time). Kinda like how when a new version comes out it takes a while before the server updates not just cause of bukkit.

It would be nice to have these "basic" things now which kinda shouldn't have problems with each update compared to something like the dragon tomb. But unfortunately since EMC is kinda pushing the dragon tomb's to get more people to come to the server that takes priority. :(

Also I am still enjoying this discussion either for or against these things. :D It's quite fun.
    smile3 likes this.
  5. Supporter Perks Now, don't you think that TNT and /map hide are called that for a reason?
    You have to support to get them. I don't care what perk that "veteran" members might get, but those things are for supporters, it could not be any simpler.

Also, in response to you saying you have "lost" TNT from the beginning, you can't lose something that you never had in the first place.
  6. I think dynamap is a useless crutch. That's why there was F3. I would have never been greifed if it hadn't been for it. Side note: I use TNT on SSP come to SMP and can't use it so... yeah that would be losing it.
  7. I bet Dragon Tombs would be perfect if we spent the next 50 years coding and recoding them... but I don't have the leisure of playing this game for 50 years. You can't be perfect so you need to balance performance with customer satisfaction.
    technologygeek likes this.
  8. You can never know that for sure.
    I was talking about EMC, it can never have been lost from EMC if you never had it.
    On EMC, it is gained, not lost.
  9. http://track.empire.us

Yeah, EMC gets quite a lot of bugs. :p

I promise you that he's not just doing the Tombs. Sure, it's a big thing that he really wants to do, but it's not the only thing.

Wastelands are coming very soon. When they're out, chances are we won't even see how much work has gone into it, since it's really a backend plugin. There's quite a lot of behind the scenes updates that we simply don't see, but are there.

For example, we'll be getting groups before Tombs. Sure, groups are part of Tombs, but they're still a useful standalone feature. Groups are something people have asked for, and he's making it for us. :)
  10. This doesn't generally happen though, griefers are just sad people who want to get their hands on people creations and destroy them because they have a certain hatred against them or just because 'that's what they do' ot they like to be a 'rebel' and get a 'fix' from getting banned, often inpatient people, I don't think they would come back to EMC just to grief and If they do, that is pretty sad. Griefers often move from server to server a lot after getting banned and it would be likely that they would grief soon after they joined, thus already being banned (If caught, presumably). I see your point, but I just dont see it happening commonly.
  11. me gusta! "goes and uses tnt"
  12. Wait what? and the half-and-half is just a keyboard glitch. sometimes, i scare people by taLkINg Liek THIs
  13. "The Edit Button" - a poem by Jack

The Edit button may be small,
    But it's use is very big,
    Please take full advantage of it,
    And don't be a... potato.
  14. I'm going to stop this now, but I ask nicely, stop using caps, it makes posts look messy.
    technologygeek likes this.
  15. AGreed. do YOu like llamaS?
    Monster_ likes this.
  16. *wipes away tear*
    Beautiful...
    Adderwolf71 and mba2012 like this.
  17. Dude, if you're trying to be funny with that, it really isn't.
    mba2012 and Jake_bagby like this.
  18. that last ONe was a jOke. my keys sstick, reAlly
  19. this is all a logical fallacy tnt as far as i know has never been availible to non supporters. also there are plenty of younger folks who are supporters thus your second argument is also untrue.