Hold that update! We are still 1.11.2 - 1.12 soon!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Mama needs that sweet Terra cota for her mall!!!
    We3_MPO and ShelLuser like this.
  2. Yay for updates and green beds for the win ;)
    We3_MPO likes this.
  3. Great news is... We have 1.12 up and running in Dev last night and so far VERYYYYY stable. A release is not going to be too far away.

I think our main holdup is going to be ensuring external plugins are updated and working accordingly
  4. The update actually brings more than just concrete & terra cotta. The entire color palate has been reworked. Things are more vivid and even with the lower res textures, things are better looking than ever. Fundamental, ground-up big update, even if it is only a move from 1.11 to 1.12. I think the server will see even more amazing builds... looking forward to it!

- Andy
  5. Oh, hey Murphy, how are you doing? Pretty well? Well, that's unfortunate to hear...
  6. There's something about jaari's comment and profile pick that seems... a little worrying! LOL
    FadedMartian likes this.
  7. Am I the only one who hates the wool color changes?
  8. Probably not, but I love the new vibrant wool colors.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  9. Some I like, some I don't–I'd much rather the orange, lime, light gray, green, purple and maaaybe light blue and cyan stay the old ways.
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  10. After confronting with the controversy surrounding MC 1.9, I have well-learned the effects: from changing something relatively old to people. Our species' natural resilience to change won't stop occurring anytime soon. What we can do in present time is to train ourselves to override the instinct. In my case, you could say that experiencing an intense or trumatic event also works.

So, am I for or against the color changes in MC 1.12? I approve them, but barely past the 50/50 mark. Mojang had their reasons, public or private. And I've incorporated the new textures into my own resource pack, which can be found under my EMC signature.
    _Devil__ and ShelLuser like this.
  11. Seing all that's said, I'd like to add that thease colours indeed are really (really) hard to use when building becuase thei're such bright, I can see it being usefull for beginning builders but for people who know the places you can use the different wools not using the fact that it's whool (like as a background wall behind slabs) it might just get a little too much... So, if it was only for experienced builders, I'd argee with you :)
  12. Just when I finished installing mods. Everything is going to break :D
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  13. Well, no, bulk crafting for real :p

I just discovered this: shift click on a recipe (in your book) and the grid will fill with all the available materials you got at your disposal. It will even compensate for differences between materials. Then shift-click on the result icon and you'll craft the full load of items.

Take note of the 29 cobblestone and the 27 sticks. I'm going to make stone swords, so 2 stone and 1 stick per sword. I shift click on the recipe and....

14 + 14 = 28, so this is the maximum amount of swords I can make. I didn't have to do anything other than shift-click.

This is definitely going to spice up (bulk) crafting :D
    _Devil__ likes this.
  14. I knew it could do that but what I meant by sort of was you can't just press a single button to craft an inventory full of iron ingots
    into blocks.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  15. This is probably the only question I have about the update.

Is the voting bug going to be fixed in the update? (Reward confirmations/alerts not showing in-game.)

I have also noticed mail can be a little iffy too, Sometimes when someone sends you mail you don't get the "New mail" notification until you switch servers or re-log. These things just bug me as I don't know if my votes are going through or if I got my reward in the mail.
  16. Yes, see this post from Aikar. Summing up: it's only a cosmetic bug (you still get your rewards) so Aikar is postponing the fix untill the 1.12 update rolls out.
    WardleDeBoss likes this.
  17. Ah thanks Shel, I know you still get the rewards. Just the way the voting sites are (They sometimes break), I like to know from the confirmation but /p will have to do for now :p
  18. You can also go on the site and see all your rupee transaction. -> https://empireminecraft.com/rupees/transactions/
    WardleDeBoss, We3_MPO and ShelLuser like this.
  19. WardleDeBoss and PetezzaDawg like this.