Hold that update! We are still 1.11.2 - 1.12 soon!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Jun 8, 2017.

1. *Looks at this* Oh hey, I used to do this on 1.6.4 using NEI, pity it took 'em so long to implement something like this...
  2. One of the things that should be noted, is as I stated earlier, the -entire- color pallet has been overhauled. I mean, if you look at powered rails, the red and gold bits are clearly have been changed to offer a better depth of color, and make the placed item have a more three-dimensional feel with the flat texture. The more vivid wool, in my own personal opinion, better matches dyes found in real life used in garments/textiles. The older, less vibrant colors tended to reflect a more rudimentary dying ability, plant based dyes only, and not very saturated (I personally feel it's better to use the natural dyes in real life, but the world is what it is). It's really cool to see some of these improvements and nods to real-world technologies and objects as the game evolves.

One thing i actually do not like about the new update is the auto-crafting bit. In and of itself, it's amazing. I just wish i could turn it off, so it's not constantly popping up with "new recipes" every which where way when i grab an item.

One thing to note about concrete powder: to get hardened concrete, you must place it NEXT TO a block of water (be it horizontal, or falling from above). Placing it in a one x one block of water will not give you solid concrete, because you've actually replaced the water with the concrete powder. I am guessing this may be changed in a future update, but definitely good to keep in mind if your'e for example filling in a body of water with blue concrete to remove the water but keep the color.

- Andy