Happy Thanksgiving! 2014 Event!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Well EMC's player base is so large it is hard to please everyone, but the main denomination of players are Americans and we are based in the US. There are times when promos aren't just for US holidays/events such as Christmas, Easter, TopG rewards, and a few others.
    jkjkjk182, boozle628, 607 and 5 others like this.
  2. Wut? When was that a holiday
  3. How far away can a Gobble Gobble chicken be if you see the message?
    Patr1cV, Equinox_Boss and Matherox like this.
  4. Had the same question
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Ug... I keep hearing turkeys but can never find them. I'm convinced they're trying to drive me insane. Found two feast chests, though. :)
  6. PenguinDJ, SoulPunisher, 607 and 2 others like this.
  7. WE GOT AN AXE!?
  8. I must axe you a question, what do you think of the promo?
  9. Main reason for this is equality. We are a US based server and so we are going to go off of US holidays. We have players from all over the world and the only way to be fair is to stay with the one country. If we made a promo for australia holiday, or denmark, it wouldn't be fair to those few players we have in other countries like Japan for example. If we celebrated every country holiday it would be too much and too overwhelming. As a result, the policy is to stick with the home country of the server.

I hope this has cleared up or decision to only create holiday promos based on the U.S.
  10. When do Super Turkeys spawn? Are there limited Feast Chests?
  11. I agree. And since it would be far too much work to implement promos across all cultures, we should have NO promos!

I would also like to point out that the US, Canada, The Netherlands, Liberia, Grenada, and Norfolk Island do not constitute one country. Norfolk Island is actually Australian.

If you want to get a promo for a certain celebration, then make a suggestion thread. I wouldn't say that everyone getting a promo (even if they don't celebrate it) is unfair.
  12. Feast chests continue to spawn rarely, so there is no limit. When one spawns, a message will appear in your chat with its coordinates. :) As for the Turkeys, they seem to spawn mostly underground, but I've seen their spawn message at multiple times of day. When they spawn, a Gobble Gobble... will appear in your chat. :)
  13. What do the turkeys look like
  14. Soulbound.. I like it :)

The damage is showing less than image but very nice promo!

Will they be sold in the /shop?
    AwesomeBuilder33 likes this.
  15. Pull out the honeyed ham and stuffed turkeys! Time to get slicing and chopping! :)
  16. I'm so excited! I am driving all day today do I won't have a chance to be on until later. Can anyone tell me what items are in the feast chests and what items the turkeys drop?
  17. MoeMacZap and AwesomeBuilder33 like this.
  18. Kill All who appose the turkey!
  19. The turkeys work just like enraged mobs (Uses same system), and the announce goes 256 blocks away.
    Feast Chest contains many food items:

and goes up to 13 chunks away.
    AwesomeBuilder33 and hashhog3000 like this.