Happy Thanksgiving! 2014 Event!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Any further elaboration on that...? :p
    AwesomeBuilder33 likes this.
  2. Yes but what im saying is it would be nice if some of the other big holidays celebrated for the rest of us was actually recognised.
  3. Cool! :)
    I'm going to not read this thread any further though, because, as always, it's so spoiling that I don't even know if I still want to check it out myself.
  4. And spoil the surprise? That's Aikar's job. Wait, that doesn't sound right...:p
  5. If you would spoil it via PM with myself then I would be grateful, but if not, we'll see... ;)
  6. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of various holidays, religious and otherwise, celebrated around the world. There's no way possible to honor them all. How is the EMC staff supposed to pick and choose amongst them without risking offending pretty much everyone? Australia Day and Boxing Day are cool but Defender of the Fatherland Day isn't? Are they supposed to put out a promo for every single day of the month long period of fasting during Ramadan? If so, then they'd certainly also have to put out some for Yom Kippur and Vesak, just to be fair. Do you see the dilemma here, mate?

EMC is an American server and is gracious enough to spend time preparing for us promos which reflect their major American holidays. That's good enough for me and I'm thankful for their efforts.
    jkjkjk182, Kalia1784, Pab10S and 3 others like this.

7. Nicely said
    jkjkjk182 and AwesomeBuilder33 like this.
  8. 4 of these little suckers killed so far, my finger is tired of spamming them lmao. Still no rare 'shiny' item to be found, but rather 27 Cooked Turkeys XD
  9. I have heard the "Gobble Gobble", and I can't find a turkey anywhere. I searched for a few minutes, then went to get my feast.
  10. You gobble and try to attract the turkey.
    607, Ethy202 and AwesomeBuilder33 like this.
  11. You bust a move and hope he likes what he sees.
    Mirr0rr likes this.
  12. also in the feast its missing 1 thing! pumpkin pie!
    Ethy202 likes this.
  13. One of the special drops should be a certificate for a free Carpal Tunnel Therapy Session.
  14. You do realise that when I was referring to australia nz and uk, I was referring to the major holiday that was ignored - Guy Fawkes. A suggestion thread was created but Nope, no promo for us
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  15. :mad: lost rare item from chest so MAD!!! :mad: The only way to get it is very dangerous for the item. :mad:
  16. Yes.
  17. Oh my god finally got my Feast back to my plot :O
  18. How rare are the spawns? It's been 4 day/night cycles and I haven't found anything.
  19. You're sounding very ungrateful despite saying "not to sound ungrateful". There can't be a promo for every holiday, especially not for holidays that aren't celebrated in the U.S. There was a flag distributed that you could hang on an item frame for Canada Day, Canada's flag. There was also a German flag given out to celebrate their win of the World Cup.

Be thankful for what you have, and like someone already said, this is a US server so we probably will only celebrate US holidays. Or, if they wanted, they could just stop making promos for any holidays so nobody got anything? I wouldn't want that and I'm sure you don't either.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  20. How do you guys find the chest? I have killed 3 turkeys so far. They spawned 20 blocks apart and were 10 blocks away from spawn. Not very hard to get. But I have wandered around looking for a chest and cant find one.