Happy Thanksgiving! 2014 Event!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 26, 2014.

1. whoever asked they have around like 2000 health i think
  2. I still want it recognised, and besides they're obviosuly not going to stop promos. Gee theres a thing called reading, obviosuly you don't know how to.
    Also I notice that all the people that are against this, are from the U.S. so they haven't experienced it.
    Doesn't matter anyways, I've come to the conclusion that this server only likes to think about itsself and not others.
  3. It's a time of thanks this week, if you could thank the Empire for what it's done instead of shooting it down and insulting others that would be great. The Emc team has grown and they're doing their best to please every player.
    jkjkjk182 and PenguinDJ like this.
  4. A time of thanks? And you're one to talk! You insult everyone! As stated above, I don't even understand this holiday. But no a promo is given, yet not on big holidays outside the US
  5. Although this is growing in the field of comedy, you're taking this too far. EMC is US based, you need to understand that. We are lucky that we get the promos that we do.

You need to accept the fact that we can't have a focus on every country's holidays as

1) It would take a lot of time away from new features.
    2) We would have so many promos that they would end up being pointless.

If you can't accept that, then I believe this applies to you.

6. Please read http://empireminecraft.com/threads/happy-thanksgiving-2014-event.45183/page-2#post-842227
    again

It has to do with the fact that we have to have structure to the promos, or then its not fair if we pick only some countries.

It's all politics.

We can't create promos for EVERY country, and we are NOT getting into the business of deciding which countries are worth promos and which are not. That is not a good thing to do.

It's clear and simple: US Server, US holidays.
    L3A8, jkjkjk182, PenguinDJ and 3 others like this.
  7. Im
    im not asking for a promo for every country, I was simply asking for the BIG celebrations that occur in numerous countries discluding the us should be taken into account! And we i say this I mean Guy Fawkes!
  8. That's the point were trying to make. Once we start doing non US holidays, its now subject to opinion "what holidays are big enough to celebrate outside of the US".

It is YOUR opinion that Guy Fawkes was big enough, but what if others don't feel so, but feel another one that you don't care about is just as important as Guy Fawkes was to you?

See, it opens up all kinds of cans of worms.
  9. Also - for those who got the special rare drop (not sure if its been publicly said yet), the final attribute being missing was a mistake, and the servers will now automatically add it on even to the old drops that was missing it.
    ShelLuser, hashhog3000 and deathconn like this.
  10. :[ Can't we just have this one?
    deathconn likes this.
  11. Sorry but that is absolutely way too overpowered...
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  12. Agreed. I want it anyway.
    Bro_im_infinite and deathconn like this.
  13. Thanks aikar for constantly being committed to fairness (not just with this but also with donations), It's one of the reasons people tend to stick around on EMC.
    AlexChance and hashhog3000 like this.
  14. Isn't that even more inequality?...

//confused.
  15. Sorry if I ruin the surprise for anyone but Aikar may not know this. I assumed the turkey slice the turkey drops was supposed to be the same as last years except for the different line of lore. But it has one less unbreaking and knockback, was this intentional?
  16. It's either we stick with one or we do none. I once looked into trying to include other countries and in order to be fair to all registered players it would be at least one every week. We cannot do this so the policy was made to only do us holidays based on the location of the server. While this may look like inequality, it is as fair as we can be.
  17. So we can hack and slice the turkey this year.. Yummy.. ;)
  18. I would love to see the finished problem of somebody who hacks their turkey. :confused:
  19. Good point.. Hacking the Ham and Slicing the Turkey..

So I'm beating the tar out of this SUper Turkey and it poops out an egg during the battle. Then when I thought that was the highlight of the battle, it poops out the rare drop when it dies. Bonus.. :)
  20. havnt seen a turkey yet xD