Happy Thanksgiving! 2014 Event!

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Nuuuuuuu!
    This event is over the day I get back from traveling... I'll miss it ;_;
  2. There will be a message in chat saying a chest spawned in. It'd give you the coordinates of the exact spot where the chest is laying.
  3. A few questions.
    1) What time does the event end on the 3rd?
    2) How many hearts of health do the "turkeys" have?
    3) Uh, no third question.
    4) No fourth either.
    5) Nope, no fifth. This is getting old.
    6) SHTAP
    7) ...
    8) I'm out.
  4. Extra Tip!: Feast Chest can spawn over the ocean water! Which concludes there are no bounds for the Feast Chest!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  5. Confirmed: The Feast Chest is actually Chuck Norris in disguise...
    southpark347 and Todd_Vinton like this.
  6. Gift. Horse. Mouth.

And we get the extra bonus of Thanksgiving and Labor day gifts when we don't even celebrate these holidays. Wouldnt even know whan they were if not for the EMC promos.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  7. So I'm running around trying to find a super turkey/feast chest for nearly 2 hours. I give up and go to the Endertopia to grind some levels, just as I port there southpark tells me there's 3 super turkeys there but he can't get them out. Sure enough ... there's 3 just chilling there.
  8. Ran around the wild for an hour, found no turkeys or chests.
    I found a momentus before I found either. :I
    deathconn likes this.
  9. I stayed in a little hut with 2 other people, we had one spawn in every 2 nights. The spawning eventually thinned out and I haven't seen one for about 4 hours. Once I ran back to town a Super chicken spawned right in front of the waste spawn. . . They are mocking us.

Anyway, maybe staying put for a little while may be a better idea. Or maybe you're just unlucky :p
  10. Um im not being ungrateful, I never criticised the promo at all, it's a statement that I feel is unfair for me, and you can't say anything when you don't even come from one of these countries so you don't know what it feels like. Also I actually don't like promos anymore, it's making players way too greedy.
  11. I walked around the frontier for 2 hours and haven't seen one ): Does anyone have any tips and tricks? biomes they spawn in?
  12. So. . . If you don't like promos anymore then why do you care if other country's holidays aren't being celebrated? And what's there to be "unfair" about? This is a US based server and most of the promos will originate from a US holiday. If this is about not recognizing other country's holidays then I agree with you. We should recognize other country's holidays, but not a promo.
    jkjkjk182 and KiraShizumi like this.
  13. is there an easy way to find the turkey once you get the "gobble gobble" or do u just have to run around the area hoping to find the turkey?
  14. Forgot about canada :p
    deathconn likes this.
  15. If you don't like promos, why does it matter if a promo isn't given out for other holidays? It's a U.S. server, don't expect them to celebrate other countries holidays because I'm pretty sure UK servers or German servers don't celebrate all if not any of the U.S. holidays.

And yes, I can say something because I do know what it feels like to be excluded from something based on where I grew up or where I was raised.
  16. If you chop wood with this, please record it and post a link for everyone to see.
  17. :eek: I MUST SEE a Turkey Jockey!!!!! I MUST! ... I'll be there soooon. Tee Hee ...and I'm gonna have a few days free now. => Watch out you turkeys .. I will be coming for you. see ya'll there. =D
  18. uummm guys.. I do believe krysyyjane covered this in her post (on prior page) very nicely. Must we continue to go over it? Everyone has an opinion after all.

edited to say that I was referring to the back and for about holidays being celebrated or not here in the empire. Cheers!
  19. For Canadian Thanksgiving next year you should make the promo "Canadian Bacon". The promo being a piece of fried pork with a lore saying "Tastes different than real bacon".
    FDNY21 and Elysphic like this.
  20. i mean they could just not celebrate holidays and stop giving promos
    jkjkjk182 and huckleberry24 like this.