Halloween Town, Vaults, and Trading - 10/30/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Alright guys, get your carpal tunnel prevention cream ready! It's Super Turkey time!

[Edit] I really like this color. I should use it more. It's not as glaring as white. c:
  2. I'll take 2oth
  3. Not more than a couple minutes at most, I'd think, the scores were kept.
    Themoglover likes this.
  4. Top 50 alright.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  5. Congrats! You win free candy!
    nuclearbobomb, Gawadrolt and Keliris like this.
  6. 1129 heads out there :confused: how much candy though? Who is selling? how much you want for an SC xD

Since we all have to pat ourselves on the back for where we got, 380, 298 and 229. man I put in a lot of work xD which all added together is 100... how does that work? lol. I'm sure if everyone else added their alts in too I would be lower(higher? now I'm getting confused) than 100 lol. Also, mind you, I did all three of those in about 10 hours... yes I was on EMC for over 10 hours... actually it was like 18 O.O

From what I heard the first two days you could have gotten that 346 points in like... an hour. Kinda sad I missed it. will just have to pull candy out of the throats of these jack-o-lanterns to make myself feel better. *chomps on candy bones*
    ThaKloned, TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  7. Code:
    SELECT
        @curRank := @curRank + 1 AS rank,
        name,
        score
    FROM (
        SELECT
            m.value as score,
            u.name as name
        FROM user u
        JOIN user_meta m ON m.user_id = u.user_id
        WHERE m.meta_key = 'htown.score'
        ORDER BY CAST(value as UNSIGNED) DESC
    ) p, (SELECT @curRank := 0) r
    Sachrock, ShelLuser, nltimv and 3 others like this.
  8. I can confirm this would be impossible lol :p Not counting the Sunday launch, I was on most of the day Monday and got that much the whole day and I was pretty close to the top most of the day.

EDIT: Impossible is the wrong word lol If that many were on, it could be done. Just didn't seem like ever that many one at once.
  9. Tied for 28th place, nice. Take that, CDJS and Hashhog! :p
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  10. Don't forget my pants and that potato.:cool:
    Uber_Corq likes this.
  11. I like to think they got 28th right there with me.

So I guess it was a 4-way tie, is what you're saying. Yeah, I'd agree to that.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  12. ShelLuser and nltimv like this.
  13. They can't both happen or also you wouldn't want both to process. So the else causes the program to skip any checks on the second if statement. (Less computing time and ensures that both statements never both run)
    607, ShelLuser and nltimv like this.
  14. Wow, that is mighty generous of you Aikar, thanks a bunch for sharing that! Seriously.. Of course we can't "just" take this and stick it into our own server and then expect things to work (then again...) but even so: this is one heck of an example, one which we all know works because we've seen it work ourselves.

And one should never underestimate what you can learn from other people's work!

So yeah, thanks a bunch, I seriously appreciate this.
    607 and Kytula like this.
  15. Final score prizes have been delivered.

If you were in the Top 10 GLOBAL, you received 5,000 tokens and 25,000 rupees.
    If you were the 1st place winner of an SMP, you received 1,000 tokens and 10,000 rupees.

Thank you to all that participated. This was the most fun I've had throwing candy at people in a long time :p
  16. I think Halloween did something to the candy. I cant eat it now.
  17. You are likely trying to eat it when your heath bar is full.
    DrMadFate likes this.
  18. could be.... i never could pass up candy, even on a full stomach. lol

thanks i check