Halloween Town, Vaults, and Trading - 10/30/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Ghasts will not drop vanilla loot, but hint: if fireworks go off when a monster dies, it dropped candy :)
  2. I think we figured that out already =P
    One question tho, why is the pumpkin in a place of it's own? (event.pumpkin)
    607 likes this.
  3. When htown was first launched, the server was receiving a lot of lag from the pumpkin/jackolantern toggling.

It was because the system was toggling that entire pumpkin.... which is solid pumpkin.... over 1000 blocks I think.

I made the res as a way for the code to identify what ones to ignore.
    ShelLuser, ThaKloned and 607 like this.
  4. Ah OK
  5. No ghast tear farming then :(

6. After 100s of failed attempts, I nailed on the first try! Tower party :D

Top of the clock tower :D

7. Any chance you can turn flags on for killing chickens? They are starting to form large groups lol They are spawning in from mobs but cannot be killed.
  8. I think aikar keep it for Thanksgiving. Ok it's not a turkey but... ;):D
    607 and ThaKloned like this.
  9. Is it possible to prevent items from falling outside the area? Especially with these ghasts spawning near the edges that's very annoying.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  10. I had no idea what this meant until I saw it with my own eyes... :eek:

Note: 20fps is shown at the top left because Minecraft pauses for a second when screenshots are taken.
    ThaKloned and Tuqueque like this.
  11. Ok, after a long night of work on this issue, I finally found the culprit and fixed it and made other improvements.

The servers should no longer crash anymore.
  12. About that.. what about bats? When we hit them it says they cannot be harmed. I nailed one while trying to hit something else with a bow and lit it on fire. It died and dropped candy. Are we suppose to be able to kill them?
    JohnKid likes this.
  13. cant we get the old vault lists back together with the new interface?

the new interface is cool but if u got 50 vaults and know u need the vault on page 4 its annoying. i used 2 be able 2 do /vault info 4, then i saw a list of pages and saw what i needed. but that no longer works :(

now using /vault info gets me an empty page, so u need 2 start on page 1 and click through all ur pages b4 ur there. and then the next prob: using ur mouse 2 go over all chests 2 find the right name.

this is really not very easy 4 ppl with many vaults. the vault became a bit harder 2 use :( b/c theres so many vaults on 1 page now, and u need 2 hover 2 see names. sometimes a short list is much faster.
    Gawadrolt and 607 like this.
  14. Sure! We will look at how we can bring it back. May not look exactly the same as before, but will accomplish what you are describing
  15. the Altar of Kaliah is nice, took me a while to make it here :D
  16. is there something beyond the Altar? because I haven't found anything yet :(
  17. No, small correction (lol, you're usually re-reading my posts for that, now it's the other way around ;)): this still works but the difference is that there are now 27 vaults on one 'page'. /vault info 2 should work for you easily. The difference: your vaults got spreaded over 2 pages instead of 5.

Although I don't have as many pages as Aya does I do agree: a list of some sort could be very helpful for getting a quicker overview. So if that would be possible that would definitely be awesome!

BUT....

I also need to stress this out: I think the new interface is pretty awesome as well. It helps to flip between pages and it opens up new possibilities too (what I told Aya earlier this week: get 2 related pages next to each other and then being able to click between 'm is MUCH faster than "/vault cobble - <transporting items> - /vault clay <transporting items>".

Just to point it out: /vault cobble - <transporting items> - click next page - <transporting items>.

There is also a bit of adaptation required here on the part of us players I think.

But... I have to agree that a list can be useful sometimes :)
    607 likes this.
  18. Halloween town is now closed, and...
    Mizzo12 beat me by one point. >_>
  19. During the event, did anyone notice on /map there was the option for event. It had 3 options: flat mod, 3d mode, and cave move (we usually dont have cave mode) =O
    UltiPig, ShelLuser and FunWart like this.
  20. Can we add an option to disable the new buttons in Vault? I used to sort my Vault pages with InventoryTweaks, but this is no longer possible because InventoryTweaks sees the buttons as items, tries to move them, fails to do that, and all other items won't sort as well :(
    UltiPig, ShelLuser and 607 like this.