Halloween Town, Vaults, and Trading - 10/30/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Oct 30, 2016.

1. We're having instability issues on utopia and 7 mainly.

And of all the days, my Internet died today. Repair scheduled for tomorrow.

Plus I got 4 hours of sleep last night, I need to sleep.

I put in a change I hope will help bring it back up automatically
    Kytula, ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  2. Hang in there, Aikar! Thanks for the hard work. This event and update package is really awesome!
  3. Other Ideas for trade system:

• If rupee amount > 1 make emerald enchanted(glowing), currently there is no real way to tell if ruppees are present in deal, unless you hover over the emerald
    • If you do /trade reason XXXXXXXXXX will make a rupee log that says XXXXXXXXX for the last trade you made
    For Vault system: Be able to customize icon. If you do /vault setIcon 10, it will take the item in you hand and replacie it from the chest, just the item look not the name or enchants will transfer*item will not consume*
    607, Vortixin and LtCaptainMe like this.
  4. Reasonable suggestions. Will need evaluated on implementation as soon as we get the chance.
    We did consider this possibility. But decided against it, due to the sheer size of vaults in our database. 'possible', but something for us to explore later.
  5. 525 down, 1475 to go.
    607, Themoglover and Tuqueque like this.
  6. Interesting ideas. One limitation, is that the whole inventory is a single shared inventory. So both players are actually always looking at the same thing. This also means that the slots containing the proposed trading items, contain the actual items (not copies). This lets you view the changes on the other players side in real time.
    Where the limitation comes into play is that we can't really change any of the items in the trading slots.

I am kinda thinking on the basic side of things for these buttons. As mentioned prior. Minecraft is limiting with regards to communication, so the trade interface has never been intended as a bartering platform.

Could explore these options though. I think the rupee option is feasible. I don't think the item part would work out though. Since you cannot view their player inventory
  7. The mobs in halloween town, particularly pigmen, dissappear before you hit them or as you are killing them sometimes..
  8. Maybe you could add a Minimize button. If this button is clicked, the trade UI will close, but the trade will not end. While the trade is minimized, you could chat to the other player, or grab additional items from your vault/chests. When the player is done, they could type /trade resume to continue with the trade. If the other player cancels the trade, the minimized player will see that in chat (and possibly hear a sound)
    607 likes this.
  9. Cool idea. No realistic easy to make that happen. Sorry to disappoint.
    607 and nltimv like this.
  10. When you find out what points you get the prizes from the event at..

(Pic is from Charlie and the chocolate factory for those who think this is just a kid with a piece of golden paper :p)
    Kytula and LtCaptainMe like this.
  11. Thanks Aikar for all of these crazy zombies

12. LOVE the new vault setup. Have 1 button to show all vaults.. master piece! :D
    607, LtCaptainMe, AnonReturns and 3 others like this.
  13. just press the chest in the bottom center
  14. smp1's htown has ghast attacking, not doing any damage but they're still spawned.

edit:Aikar restarted to fix the issue.
  15. That was intentional. I removed the fireballs though but it still plays the sound.

Ok, really hoping things are better now! I've deployed update that should fix lots of weird vault bugs, and maybe other random bugs.

But this update at least identified a performance problem with our code that wasnt seen before because chunk saving didnt occur enough (which it now does).. So I got plans to improve that code too.

I've adjusted saving settings to hopefully keep servers stable.
  16. Now it's perfect xD The screams of horror as you throw candy at people! Love it.
  17. Just saying, there were two ghasts spawn in htown earlier lol
    crazyminerpete and ThaKloned like this.
  18. Do those ghasts drop any candy?
  19. Indeed :) Not ghast tear candy before you ask :p