GREIFING

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by DannyyXIV, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *Griefing
    Dude, go out deep into the wild and build something that you have always wanted to build with resources you worked hard to gather and use. Then, reveal to us its location. Come on and find it destroyed and then come look at this thread again.
  2. So what your saying is you like to grief ppl's bases and steal from them when you find them, hmmm

A warning is given in the chat log when your logged in to the game, that griefing is not allowed even in the wild.

The rules on good servers if not all are the same do not steal do not greif if this is what you like to do then I would suggest you go join that kind of server.

Finding someone's base in the wild is not unusual, finding that it has unlocked chests is also common. But the rules are the there to protect all, again if you like to steal when you find these bases and chests I suggest you go join a server that lets you do that.

It is not just the rules of EMC that we follow here but the rules of life do on to others as you have them do unto you, mean help them do steal from them or grief their bases.
    Adderwolf71 and southpark347 like this.
  3. I consider people who grief terrorists.
    NINJATTILA likes this.
  4. I think this thread should be closed to prevent drama.
    Anyone gonna close it?
    southpark347 likes this.
  5. 1. Thou Shalt Not Destroy
    Do not break other people’s creations (aka griefing). If you are caught doing so mindlessly or maliciously you will be permanently banned.

2. Thou Shalt Not Steal

Do not steal from other players, even if you find an unlocked player chest in the wilderness or if you have container permissions on another players lot. If you are caught doing so you will permanently banned.

I requirement that you read this again in next 3 days before you can come back: http://empireminecraft.com/guide/rules
    Adderwolf71, jkjkjk182 and jacob5089 like this.
  6. I thought maybe you made this due to being banned for griefing....
    EDIT: Due to this,

I believe I was right :)
  7. Just because someone left their keys in the middle of the street does not make it legal for you to steal their car.

EDIT: Probably should have finished reading all 5 pages BEFORE replying to something on the first page, now this seems out of context..... :p
    britbrit3197 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  8. Actually no. As for stealing, that would just be pathetic. There are no naturally occurring items in this game that you can't acquire legitimately on your own. Thieves may as well just uninstall the game and give up.

As for griefing: If you grief you are basically lowering yourself to the status of a mob. What do you get out of deliberately wasting someone else's effort other than confirming to yourself that you are nothing but a creeper?
  9. The wilderness is to be used strictly for exploring and gathering resources. Just because you physically are able to do something, doesn't mean you should. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
  10. I just now saw this thread, and I know it's been covered, but I'd like to reiterate that Griefing is not ok. Yes we're told that if we build in the wild there is a chance it can be griefed BUT so many people that have been banned lately(I've encountered this several times in SMP5 town chat with kids who are able to read and type just fine) seem to have this idea that the guide only pertains to town instead of the wild, nether and end. The rules pertain to EVERYWHERE. I don't see "This only deals with town, everything else is free reign." We've been told for so long that building in the wild was bad because of griefing and really people shouldn't have to hide their stuff but because of a bunch of jerks, it has to be hidden. It shouldn't be that way. Not everyone wants to rip people's houses apart and steal their stuff cause well, we were taught to follow the rules.
    mba2012, AlexChance and Schlaf82 like this.
  11. EMERGUURD u see that car with the keys in it, its not ur fault they left them in there! Lets just take it!

If you wouldnt do it in real life, dont do it on the internet. And if u do that stuff in real life or in the game Karma is going to come for you.

Oh and then someone is going to take your computer... you know because they just found it and u didnt really hide it very well.

and let me clear this up with everyone NOTHING IS HIDDEN ON EMC, there is a 50% chance someone is going to stumble across ur stuff even if its all the way at the edge of the neither away from site. In fact there has been times I will be mining and fall into someones base, It was pretty hidden it was just by chance i found it. Yeah i may have had to break a wall and make stairs to figure out how to get out of there but i put the wall back.

I dont see why people steal others things, game wise or in real life. Maybe its because their insecure or their just huge jerks i dont know, but taking things from hard working people who spent their time getting those things its low, really really low.
  12. this might be someone to keep your eyes on on staff :p
  13. Umm....
    I have never seen a single suggestion with so much backfire. Here's the problem with Danny's idea:
    He thinks it's the builder's fault.
    I'm sorry, but who controlled your hand to hit the right-click button? Who controlled you to click the items and then run off with them? Who controlled you to right-click with the flint and steel? That's right.
    Yourself.
    So it is never the builder's fault. In EMC, griefing is a huge no-no. I don't think it will ever be allowed, or else all of the wild would look like what the edges of the spawn looks like before PRA reset. You say that you are tempted to take someone's stuff. Well,
    "Oh, look! This guy left his laptop on his porch because he went inside to get something. Let's take because he didn't hide it well and nobody is here." The same thing would happen on EMC, just with something like your house, your diamonds, your loot.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  14. Grieving is a crime that should not be aloud ANYWHERE, if you see somebody's house please ignore it and keep moving. Even if you build 10k out, griefers still find you with live map or whatever. If it was up to me, griefers would be permabanned. It is bad enough that there are some in town.
  15. Griefers are permabanned...... always. Also, good thing this thread got bumped, so the same thing can get said to this guy that has been said on the last 5 pages -_-
  16. Aha a perfect thread for the perfect signature COUGH COUGH
  17. Hey...!!!! Farmville is my Afk game for Grinding... Don't disgriminize Farmville for no Reason!
  18. ok... i use a stagety where i keep a crappy shack wood, dirt, and cobble to keep my stuff safe... any greifer who see's it would just pass it off and not give a crap... it has worked plenty of times.... So if you dare tear down one of my shacks.... imma woop you
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.