GREIFING

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by DannyyXIV, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-R-I-E-F-I-N-G
    DannyyXIV likes this.
  2. No, hat's 100% final without the need for staff confirmation. It shouldn't be up for debate in EMC's current state. However, Aikar's future PVP server will be more hardcore and will include raid games, stuff like that so griefing may be included.

I think the reasons why are fairly self-explanatory.

There will never be allowed-griefing on any EMC SMP server, not with our current player build-up whom joined EMC for a fair experience. :)
    DrewRadio and PenguinDJ like this.
  3. You see people..someone who was clearly arguing with me earlier just agreed to the point im trying to get across.
    NO ONE IS GOING TO CARE.
  4. Whats wrong with Bejeweled? I love bejeweled...:)
    Pab10S likes this.
  5. If you taking about like 12dirt-blocks built to survive the night, yes=) But i dont even wanna call that for greif...
  6. I think i understand what is going on here.
    You want the server to be all dramatic and like some Fallout game , people who have to survive in the rugged and unforgiving wastelands that is the wild, or live safely in town, never ventureing out.
    Bandits and thugs rule these lands and there are no laws outside of the metropolis that is the town.
    People have grown to fear the wild lands and rarely venture out, as few ever return.
    Those that live in the wild are barbaric and uncivilized.

This isn't Fallout. EMC is exciting enough as it is.
    You know why i am still here on EMC?
    Because they do an amazing job at running their servers and keeping the players happy, while still keep order.

I apologize for the whole "Fallout" Thing i did.
    Now i want to write an EMC story about EMC falling into anarchy, and everyone having to survive against the bandits in the wild.
    My god now that i think about it, you can all expect a story from me eventually.
    Maybe that's what i'll do this weekend. I have enough on my plate.
    Ignore me.
    DrewRadio, cddm95ace and PenguinDJ like this.
  7. But you don't know that, so you don't tear it down. Put in a little effort and go find your Dirt elsewhere.
    jkjkjk182, PenguinDJ and Schlaf82 like this.
  8. You know, if more people thought like you do.
    The world would be a much better place.
    Pab10S and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. you can face palm all you want..i still really dont care if i get greifed on. To me its just a game. Not my life. and i COULD go to any other server but this sever offers alot of things most other servers dont.

And like a said earlier like 3 or 4 times already... Im not looking to grief on anyone...but if i find a random unprotected chest or dirt or wood or cobble shack with no real structure or purpose other than to pull you through the night till you can get to your actual home or spawn point then i say Fair Game.
  10. This server is exceptional in every way. But if you really want griefing, learn Java and spend $1,000+ per month on a server. Don't beg for something you can't have.
  11. Well then you may not be here long.

Think of it this way, what if some new little kid, maybe 7-8 years old made that, he has never played minecraft before, and is proud of his little hut he made.
    Then you come along and tear it down because you judge it to be unfit as a structure that shouldn't continue to exist.
    The kid logs back on, and it breaks his heart that his stuff is gone. He never plays on the server again.

You don't get to decide if someones building is worthy to grief or not, depending on how it looks. You are not the Judge Jury and Executioner.
  12. Now that I have thought more on what I said about maybe griefing/stealing in wastelands. It shouldn't be there for the fact a griefer in the wild could/will/might say "oh, i thought i was in the wastelands". So yeah keeping the pvp, greifing/stealing to a whole smp server will be the best plan of action. Smp13 - Land of the Fallen
  13. Thank you. I obtain all my Dirt legit.
    jkjkjk182 and Spenser6 like this.
  14. Again, when does that make it okay to do?

So the person getting griefed won't?
    [quote="DannyyXIV, post: 471263"then i say Fair Game.[/quote]
    But the rules do not.
  15. Just like you have the power to be Judge, Jury and , Executioner (In other words be opinionated) i do as well. Im just outspoken about my opinions. I didnt write the tread for people to like it. I wrote it to state an opinion. I didnt ask a question, or what your thoughts on it were, you gave your opinion just like i did.
  16. Maybe we need to have this thread closed.
    There really isn't anything to be discussed. Because this will never happen.

(Also, now i have the need to write out a story about EMC falling into chaos, and maybe having a crazy version of Chickeneer ruling the bandits in the wild, maybe a kind of Borderlands-esque type story. This idea isn't going away....you all may very well get to read a short story eventually :p )
  17. Just because you can play Judge Jury and Executioner. Doesn't mean you should or have the right to.

I could go shoot someone right now. Does that mean i should or that i have the right to?
    -_-
  18. What I would advise you to do is pretty simple. Spend some time on another server, one that allows PvP/griefing, whatever you're into and then spend the other portion of time that you have on this server, EMC. That way you're not only helping yourself and any cravings that you might have to grief but you're not hurting anyone else, here or there.

I can't say with pretty much complete confidence that this won't be added to any EMC SMP's though, so no point debating it. :) Also, I would just report any posts telling you that you don't belong here.
    jkjkjk182, Spenser6 and PenguinDJ like this.
  19. Alex, telling us all nicely to shut up and drop the subject :D

(You get a spot in my story now :p )
    Jcplugs, Schlaf82 and PenguinDJ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.