GREIFING

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by DannyyXIV, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If somebody gets shot, is it the victim's fault for standing in the way of the bullet?
    No, of course not.
    A crime has been committed and it is the fault of the criminal, same as griefing.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  2. Telling a griefer not to grief is like telling a crazed killer not to be a crazed killer - they won't listen to you... because they're crazy.
    PenguinDJ and RainbowChin like this.
  3. I would like to just go ahead and point the general premise of this thread.
    You just said.

We should allow griefing, to make things more "Interesting"

4. I never said it was okay
    And besides, do you really think a griefer is going to mindlessly obey a sign?
    PenguinDJ and SoulPunisher like this.
  5. ^This
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  6. Like i said, i would be fine with it. i know i left it unprotected knowing there are people that do go around taking things. ill just go mine again. yea it would be upsetting, but its whatever.

No space? ive seen enormous builds in town. and they seem to be perfectly fine with the space they need.
  7. In what other way could i protect it? stop working IRL and just be online guarding.. No, the only way is to beg and trust in the rules of he game...

i must be the opposite to griefers, i go around and seach for abandoned and repair them instead..
    The apology about there is no tree close enough and therefor okey to tear someone little house down is just a joke.. Trees are never far away, go 50-100 further and you will find what you looking for...
    lottie1664 likes this.
  8. This is like saying it isn't my fault if i went and shot someones dog, because they let it crap on the front lawn.
    After all, who the hell are they to let their dog poop on my lawn right?
    -_-

And if you find something that isn't being used, you can ask a moderator to check it out for you and they will tell you if you can take it down.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  9. Please tell us how you would determine if someone was living in a creation in the wilderness.
  10. ^ a newly joined player with intention to grief will go to wild and destroy the first thing they see. so building by spawn is not the best idea.

As for where this thread was going in the first place.

I would say if your looking to spice stuff up a bit. When wastelands come out, since it will be reset often, maybe Griefing/Stealing will be okay there. Specially since everyone that may build there knows the dangers and they wouldn't leave any thing worth wild out there.
  11. You may be fine with it, but that does not make it okay.
    False, try moving further away or build underground.
    But not a very funny one...
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  12. Saying you are going to react to something, is way different than actually reacting to it when it happens.
    I honestly, wouldn't be suprised if some griefer read this and just to spite you is going to try and grief you.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  13. If you were to go to war, would you expect not to be shot at? The wilderness is like a battlefeild. Dangerous. Not having the right protection will end up getting you greifed or stolen from. Same as fighting off mobs. Youre not ganna ban them because they killed you after you worked so hard after mining all the resources you needed or found. Its called survival. and again i go back to the fact that im not looking to grief other peoples huge hard worked on builds. I know the difference between an "ive worked hard on this" type of house or build as opposed to an "i only built this to make it through the night so mobs wouldnt kill me" kinda shack or hut or build.
  14. i dont agree about that at all.. We came back to the point that its tbe builders fault, not the greifer.. And i totally not agree in that...

It wasnt me that said that about the trees, i dont think its funny either..
  15. to any griefer reading this... IM OPEN GAME. COME AT ME BRO.
  16. The is not a factions server...
  17. So you taking about a little shelter built in liek dirt? Dont think any1 mind if you tear that down.. But i dont says its okey, but no1 will care...
  18. Survival with Pvp = Fear everyone in the wild

Survival without Pvp = Working with your fellow players to survive against mobs and live joyfully in the wilderness
    ^We are this one...
  19. If you are wandering in the "Wilderness" and have to cannibalize someone else's work because you came unprepared and can't find a tree, you are a pretty sorry Minecraft player and should probably go play Farmville or Bejeweled instead.

You can rationalize all you want about distance from Spawn, whether anyone is using a structure, and whether they care about it because a few windows are broken, but the bottom line is that PVP and Griefing aren't allowed here. I wouldn't have joined this server and I think a majority of the players here wouldn't be here either if it were otherwise.

To try changing those rules after so many people have invested the amount of time they have into their creations, wouldn't go over very well.

20. I tried to find another image to express my feelings for that statement, this was pretty much all i could find.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.