GREIFING

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by DannyyXIV, May 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I fill creeper holes and plant trees in the wild to make things nicer. Sometimes I fill over or alter a tunnel or water edge and someone might have meant for it to be that way. I think splitting hairs about acquiring simple items needed from a random chest in the wild or taking a few logs from someone's sidewalk because there are no trees around are harmless but mostly avoidable. Perma-Banning should be reserved for serious and harmful infractions and warnings should work for minor theft or unintentional stuff (a creeper blew up, but I didn't have materials/time to fix that wall, or I didn't realize that tower of cobble was someone's 'stuff')

Basically, don't mess with other peoples stuff. I like to put a sign that says my name and 'take what you need but plz don't greif'. It's worked pretty good so far. If anyone needs help locating their stuff farther from spawn or finding a place to collect resources without annoying anyone, please ask, and I'm sure we can assist with that request.
  2. Griefers aren't going to listen to the people they grief. They're there to grief. They're not going to listen to your begging >.>
    Some people can't afford chest locks.
    Yeah, those builds are usually mega-malls. 60x60 isn't that big of a room.
    jkjkjk182 and PenguinDJ like this.
  3. ok now you're mixing real life and a game. you meed to chill out. I stated an opinion. didnt mean i was ganna burn EMC to the ground.
  4. I don't believe you quite understand the EMC philosophy if you believe there should be griefing.
    The overall idea of PvP, griefing and raiding is fine to me, modern videogames are competitive, people will inevitably own others to the 1337 m4x1mum.
    However, EMC is an optimized Minecraft experience centred around the principles of multiplayer Minecraft; interdependence, cooperation, legitimate survival, and creation, which EMC empowers with economy, forums, and moderation.
    If you prefer destructive fun to constructive fun, then by all means, head to one of Minecraft's many hardcore faction servers, where people pillage the world in their thousands, and the only true philosophy is survival of the fittest.

But I find you to be sorry and weak if you think it appropriate to prey on a community as principled as this one.
    jkjkjk182 and PenguinDJ like this.
  5. So whats your suggestion to do, If you, like me, wanna build something big that is not possible to hide? Just the answer "move further out" is in my opinion to give the greifers right..
  6. You guys dont pay attention do you...It was an opinion! you guys are acting like im a terrorist when all i did was spoke my mind about a game.
  7. I never said you were going to burn it to the ground, but if you go around griefing in the way you are saying.
    You probably wont be here long enough for us to worry about that happening. Just Saying.

I don't need to chill out, just like you, i stated an opinion.
  8. I dont take you as a terrorist, and i got you opinion, even if i totally not agree with you. But i think this thread end up in something intresting, its intresting to hear what people think about the "greifing-issue"....
  9. None of us here take you as a terrorist. (I hope ._. )

But when you say that you consider any building you judge as grief-worthy as "Fair Game" People will react.
    Especially as "close" as our community is compared to most other Minecraft communities. We care about the server and it's well-being. Each of us care in a different way or on a different level, but we care nonetheless.
    cddm95ace likes this.
  10. You are correct, it was an opinion.
    Our opinions were also (surprise, surprise) opinions.
    You cannot expect you will be treated like royalty for all opinions you express.
    Source: I come from Northern Ireland. Say the wrong opinion in the wrong place, say goodbye to your kneecaps. :)
  11. I'm just going to leave this here:
  12. oh, what an end for this thread...
  13. This is why i play on EMC: No greifing
    There have been MAAANY times when i have built a giant base, and the DAY after it is compleated, *poof*
    It's gone
  14. Wow, so ironic :p
    SoulPunisher and jkjkjk182 like this.
  15. And was that before he made this thread?
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  16. Of course :D
  17. Anywho, I would like to suggest a nice thread lock to bring this subject to a close
  18. Is this some kind of failed cover up? :p
  19. JackMagic Lookup on player: DannyyXIV
    Group: Regular
    Lifted: 3 days
    -snip for other stuff that's are here-

Hmm...
    Spenser6 and RainbowChin like this.
  20. It all becomes clear now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.