Gaming_Comander's Comics

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Gaming_Comander, Dec 3, 2018.

?

Should I make more and take reccomendations?

Yes 34 vote(s) 72.3%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Maybe 4 vote(s) 8.5%
Who are you again? 3 vote(s) 6.4%
ROFL for the Waffle 6 vote(s) 12.8%
  1. As soon as I heard JD was retiring his SS position, I had to get this comic I made during my hiatus out ASap
  2. I am pleased to announce some big changes to my comics!

1: The dialog has become legible, so as people can read them better

2: My Google Survey where you can submit your ideas has become active, after needing some time to catch up3

3: (Upcoming) Comics will soon be dubbed professionally on my YouTube channel

4: (Upcoming) Comics will now be released on a schedule

5: Comics will follow the same art style via MS Paint, bigger projects will be done on Medibang Paint Pro

6: They'll become more enjoyable :D

Which are you most excited for?
  3. I'm excited for 1 as I wonder what it'll look like: will it still be drawn? I hope it won't be typed!
    And I am confused about 3: where did you get the money from?
    Gaming_Comander likes this.
  4. For 3, my father has things like a microphone already so it won't be a problem. As for 1, The comic itself will be drawn on MS Paint, and it will then be transferred to MediBang Paint Pro, where I'll make any changes and add dialog, as I'm able to type it rather than draw, which I know isn't to your liking but if I see if more people don't like it then I'll simply write it on Medibang :D
    Foxy_Kitty, 607 and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  5. I love how you have a real microphone to talk into! I cannot wait to see what you have in store for us! (Nothing will make me believe you otherwise, I am a boring subject. lol)

Yes, OP will be taken down, just like your image depicted. Haha
    Foxy_Kitty, 607 and Gaming_Comander like this.
  6. 3.I wasn't worrying about the microphone, I'm just wondering where you'll find a professional voice actor that won't ask a lot of money. :p Or do you know someone?
    1.Aw! I think hand-written text is important for comics. :) Although of course translated comics often have typeset text as well. I don't think your text is hard to read, by the way, but I guess I'm good at reading handwriting. :p
    Anyway, I am still looking forward to these new things. :)
  7. Oh! For #3 I know a guy who does great impersonations who has taught me to do some myself, so we'll be doing them together
    607 likes this.
  8. Ah, okay, so it's not really professional! I guess I could've guessed. :rolleyes:
    Edit: Wait, I guess you could call it professional if it's to a professional standard! I had interpreted it as paying someone, but I see now that 'professional' has multiple meanings. ;)
  9. Regarding my suggestion, do I need to fill out the google forum or am I good?
    607 and Gaming_Comander like this.
  10. You are good, all previous submissions have been recorded by me already
    607, ConductorConduit and Lukas3226 like this.
  11. So I tried to show off some changes I'm making by combining MS Paint with Medibang, as well as adding the text dialog.....yeah Im not gonna do that again XD. Let me know what you think
  12. So new and artsy XD

I wonder what would happen if I caused something crazy with that magic pencil XD

*secretly takes pencil and plots* mwahahaha!!!
    Foxy_Kitty and Gaming_Comander like this.
  13. Hmm, wonder what would happen if I poked momentus...
    Foxy_Kitty and Gaming_Comander like this.
  14. I like your idea with the text as a font than being hand-written. Though, if you want to display emphasis that is not limited to the font restrictions, I think the best way to go around that will be to hand draw it.
    Gaming_Comander and 607 like this.
  15. Hm, I actually don't agree with this, as in fonts, there are three easy ways for emphasis... :p While in written letters it's not trivial to write bold or italic. However, don't you agree that with written letters it looks a lot more fun, and comic-like?
  16. Bold, italics, strikethrough, underline... < ----- A few of the font restrictions and limitations, which fall under the font restrictions that I mentioned in my post.

I've already said that there are instances where handwritten words will always trump fonts that the computer placed there for you. (Such as emphasis that cannot be achieved with computer fonts.)
  17. Ah, I guess you are using a meaning of 'restriction' that I am not used to, as in "you are restricted to four ways". After a few rereadings, I think I get it. :p
    Still,
    Could you think of an example? :p
  18. I could ask you the same about your case. Where's your example?

Anyways, getting back on topic, I think he's made some nice choices, and I am looking forward to hearing what his voice sounds like in his microphone. :)

Gaming, if you're reading this, are you going to use a different voice for each character, or are you going to do what Ringo Starr and George Carlin did for Thomas the Tank Engine and use different variations of your own voice?
    Foxy_Kitty, 607 and Gaming_Comander like this.
  19. Different voices, particularly more masculine sounding characters like Eviltoade or JD as well as the more child like voices like Comander and OP
  20. Here.
    Then I wonder again where you'll get the voice actors! :)